or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6508  

post #97606 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post



The order of these two photos is actually reversed. First he was like "here, you deserve this." And then he was like "no fucking way, it's mine. ::sniff::"
post #97607 of 109053
Never seen that, pretty cool of him
post #97608 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Do you mean for casualwear? As in, not stuff meant to be worn with traditional tailored clothing?

It could be stuff mean to be worn with traditional tailored clothing, but I mean for the purpose of replacing jeans (which to me don't belong with tailored clothing). It seems to me like jeans are so ubiquitous that it's hard to even think what to wear in their place for certain kinds of outfits. I like linen pants worn casually a lot. And flannel too. But particularly with a leather jacket...it seems like jeans are kind of the only choice. (Disclaimer that I am no leather jacket expert).
post #97609 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post


It could be stuff mean to be worn with traditional tailored clothing, but I mean for the purpose of replacing jeans (which to me don't belong with tailored clothing). It seems to me like jeans are so ubiquitous that it's hard to even think what to wear in their place for certain kinds of outfits. I like linen pants worn casually a lot. And flannel too. But particularly with a leather jacket...it seems like jeans are kind of the only choice. (Disclaimer that I am no leather jacket expert).

 

Are you referring only to black leather jackets then? Brown leather jackets look great with less casual stuff as well.

post #97610 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Are you referring only to black leather jackets then? Brown leather jackets look great with less casual stuff as well.

True, I was thinking mainly of black leather jackets (or midnight blue I guess). Although even a brown leather jacket that's more biker-inspired than military doesn't look that great with chinos IMHO.
post #97611 of 109053

Yeah, it's obviously style dependent, but cafe racer style jackets look better depending on how the jackets are cut and how the pockets/zippers are styled.

post #97612 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

It could be stuff mean to be worn with traditional tailored clothing, but I mean for the purpose of replacing jeans (which to me don't belong with tailored clothing). It seems to me like jeans are so ubiquitous that it's hard to even think what to wear in their place for certain kinds of outfits. I like linen pants worn casually a lot. And flannel too. But particularly with a leather jacket...it seems like jeans are kind of the only choice. (Disclaimer that I am no leather jacket expert).

Hm. The words jeans and chinos here seem like really big terms that represent many things. You can have very smooth cotton chinos, like the poplin-ish stuff Brooks Bros. sell, or the really rugged workwear variety that's sold by Left Field and Mister Freedom. Jeans can also be very workwear-y or generic. Seems like a lot depends on what we're talking about here, and what other things you mostly wear.

I wear jeans with leather jackets a lot, but again, leather jackets can take so many forms, I don't know what we're exactly talking about. MMM/ Rick Owens stuff isn't the same as Aero or Lewis, for example.

Anyway, I have an RRL cowhide cafe racer I wear a lot. It looks like this. I mostly wear it with jeans, but it could also go with some chinos I bought from Left Field. I also have a MMM 5-zip in black lambskin, and could imagine wearing with the same Left Field chinos.

Recently bought this SLP suede jacket. Have only worn it with jeans for now, so I haven't tried much else. It feels like a much dressier leather, however, so maybe some dressier chinos? Like those sold by Panta or something? Haven't really tried it out. I wear a suede Valstar A-1 blouson on occasion, FWIW, with a pair of dressy Ring Jacket chinos.

Also have a couple of leather jackets from Enrico Mandelli. They're very "Italian" in styling, like what you'd find at Cucinelli and Loro Piana or whatever. Those go much better with the kind of stuff talked about at CM. Tailored grey flannels, brushed cotton twills, etc.

Lastly have a Buzz Rickson A-2. Those are definitely only wearable with jeans or workwear chinos. At least from my experience.
post #97613 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by el Bert View Post


I really dislike Holland and not just this World Cup, it's pathetic how their best players flop so much and they did that last World Cup against Brazil when they knocked them out too. If they get past Argentina I hope Germany dominates then because they're only team that hadn't needed to try to fool the refs. They play how real champion play, they just simply go out and beat you.

I totally agree regarding Germany. If anyone deserves to take the cup it is them and they are definitely playing beautiful and honest football.
I just have some family ties to Holland and my hunch says its their year (or maybe three years after the last winter olympics).
post #97614 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Suppose just for the sake of argument that you were not allowed to wear jeans. What pants would you then wear most often? (sorry if this has already been gone over a million times)

Light wool slim dress pants but someone like Schneider or Raf.
post #97615 of 109053
When I think of leather and chinos, I think of either the LP/Cucinelli style or older Brando/Dean in a bomber or something. The more current streetwear-y leather jackets look much better with jeans to me. Maybe they only look good with jeans, and a specific kind of jeans. Not really sure about that 5-zip with the chinos.
post #97616 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

When I think of leather and chinos, I think of either the LP/Cucinelli style or older Brando/Dean in a bomber or something. The more current streetwear-y leather jackets look much better with jeans to me. Maybe they only look good with jeans, and a specific kind of jeans. Not really sure about that 5-zip with the chinos.

For inspiration, just comb through the last few weeks of fits. Lots of folks here have ditched jeans in favor of textured, uber casual chinos that can be paired with aggressive Rick-esque stuff. But you don't necessarily have to grab high-end trousers from someone like Zam Barrett or Erik Ohstrom. Any sort of rugged twill will work, though you'll probably want some sort of tapered fit (carrot or skinny)
post #97617 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

When I think of leather and chinos, I think of either the LP/Cucinelli style or older Brando/Dean in a bomber or something. The more current streetwear-y leather jackets look much better with jeans to me. Maybe they only look good with jeans, and a specific kind of jeans. Not really sure about that 5-zip with the chinos.

FWIW, I like this, but would probably ditch the hoodie.

post #97618 of 109053
I'm just relieved he had the foresight to lower the toilet seat
post #97619 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

True, I was thinking mainly of black leather jackets (or midnight blue I guess). Although even a brown leather jacket that's more biker-inspired than military doesn't look that great with chinos IMHO.

Honestly the "dressed up" black look goes something like this:

Black leather rider
white button up shirt, fully buttoned
grey or whatever light v-neck (depending on weather)
black dress pants (cropped or slim or wide but not regular fit)
white sneakers or black boots.

You don't need jeans to have a good wardrobe although I mainly use black jeans and not dress pants, just personal choice.
post #97620 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

I'm just relieved he had the foresight to lower the toilet seat

"Ughhhh, I'm so drrrunk. But hold on, I don't want to ruin my chinos."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts