or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6420

post #96286 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Joseph de Maistre, then?

I'M thinking of switching to Maurras, much better fascist social design and I hear he's been acquired by the FN, stocks are about to go up.
post #96287 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post
Don't do it. You'll end up buying running shoes out of desperation. You have to walk everywhere and it takes it's toll on our SUV-suburban-driving feet tongue.gif
I wear my roshes, haven't even worn my margielas unless I'm walking around the corner.

I've worn things on a margom serena sole all over Europe.  GATs will do as well.  It really just depends on the shape of your feel and whether or not you like your shoes more snug (Margiela) or loose (Commo Projects/Buttero).  Europeans, particularly in cities like Paris or London, where driving is a huge PITA. walk everywhere as well, and they seem to do fine, even in leather shoes.  Yes, if you insist on visiting 6 churches and 12 stores a day, your feet are going to ache.  But that's going to happen anyway.  

 

When I travel, I limit myself to one or two activities a day, and meals.  To me, it's madness to try to cram things in.

post #96288 of 101369
While in Paris I spent every other day in Alden shell boots and running shoes. Worked well.
post #96289 of 101369

Wear whatever just leave room for superfeet blue insoles :slayer:

 

Speaking of audio equipment (sorry fuuma) what's the best bluetooth speaker/portable speaker for the money? The Grado s80 / seiko diver of speakers I can plug my iphone into?

post #96290 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 View Post


Speaking of which, after dropping by the TOJ thread I've learned that you if invest (something?) in that brand you also get in on the ground floor for a fast food concept. shog[1].gif

People in that thread are beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R300 View Post

$1k? jeez.

The cheapest 5s on apple store is $966 and the Most exspensive is $1275, this is just for the phone, no plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

Haha, Finn...I meant Dr. Dre, renowned misogynist and homophobe, might not make the best face of Apple.

Lol completely missed the joke.
post #96291 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Speaking of audio equipment (sorry fuuma) what's the best bluetooth speaker/portable speaker for the money? The Grado s80 / seiko diver of speakers I can plug my iphone into?

What money?

I would go sonos or beoplay
post #96292 of 101369

Got back from a week in France, and realized that French dudes wear their jeans higher and tighter on their ass (as a whole) than anyone I've seen in Scandanavia and North America outside of the Casto District.  It's mostly the the local "mall" brands too.  International brands fit like... international brands.  It seems most pronounced in places like Lyon, which are pretty provincial.  

 

Talked to the store proprietor of the only two shops in Lyon that might be considered "cosmopolitan", Solis (unfortunately, women's only), and Summer Store, and both were of the consensus that Lyon was really difficult to sell.  Summer Store told me that the majority of their sales were to smaller places in the US (LA already has places like Union that sell Visvim, etc...)  Talked to some girl who told me that she ordered all her sneakers from the United States, where they were much cheaper.  A lot of retailers are surviving on the basis of arbritrage.

post #96293 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

What money?

I would go sonos or beoplay

Don't know about beoplay, but Sonos doesn't use bluetooth - it requires connection to a wireless network.

I have an Audyssey (sp?) system I used to use in my bedroom and that I'm now using on my deck until it craps out (not really made to be an outdoor system). Not audiophile quantity by any means but pleasant and pretty reliable bluetooth system. I was happy with it having paid (I think) less than $200.
post #96294 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I've worn things on a margom serena sole all over Europe.  GATs will do as well.  It really just depends on the shape of your feel and whether or not you like your shoes more snug (Margiela) or loose (Commo Projects/Buttero).  Europeans, particularly in cities like Paris or London, where driving is a huge PITA. walk everywhere as well, and they seem to do fine, even in leather shoes.  Yes, if you insist on visiting 6 churches and 12 stores a day, your feet are going to ache.  But that's going to happen anyway.  

When I travel, I limit myself to one or two activities a day, and meals.  To me, it's madness to try to cram things in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

While in Paris I spent every other day in Alden shell boots and running shoes. Worked well.

My wife and I tend to go to many places in one day. On our last trip to Europe, I wore nike air max 95s and cap toe Aldens as like moo. Feet ended up hurting either way because we walked so much but it wasn't too bad.

I think seeing and doing so much far outweighed the pain of our feet.

I need to give a try to one of the brands LA Guy mention, way more fashionable than Nike tounge.gif
post #96295 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Got back from a week in France, and realized that French dudes wear their jeans higher and tighter on their ass (as a whole) than anyone I've seen in Scandanavia and North America outside of the Casto District.  It's mostly the the local "mall" brands too.  International brands fit like... international brands.  It seems most pronounced in places like Lyon, which are pretty provincial.  

is it possible the jeans look higher due to buying a jeans with a higher rise?
post #96296 of 101369
JUST Out of hospital!!!smile.gif
post #96297 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
 

Wear whatever just leave room for superfeet blue insoles :slayer:

 

Speaking of audio equipment (sorry fuuma) what's the best bluetooth speaker/portable speaker for the money? The Grado s80 / seiko diver of speakers I can plug my iphone into?

if you want a portable bluetooth speaker go with the Ultimate Ears Boom.  

if you want something for the home go with Sonos.

 

the UE Boom is one hell of a portable speaker.  highly recommended everywhere you look for reviews.

post #96298 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Wear whatever just leave room for superfeet blue insoles icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Speaking of audio equipment (sorry fuuma) what's the best bluetooth speaker/portable speaker for the money? The Grado s80 / seiko diver of speakers I can plug my iphone into?

Ok I give up, I use and am quite satisfied by Sonos products. Keep in mind I actually enjoy music but am not stuck in my anal phase so I am not an audiphile (or a coprophile, now that I think of it).
post #96299 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Got back from a week in France, and realized that French dudes wear their jeans higher and tighter on their ass (as a whole) than anyone I've seen in Scandanavia and North America outside of the Casto District.  It's mostly the the local "mall" brands too.  International brands fit like... international brands.  It seems most pronounced in places like Lyon, which are pretty provincial.  

Talked to the store proprietor of the only two shops in Lyon that might be considered "cosmopolitan", Solis (unfortunately, women's only), and Summer Store, and both were of the consensus that Lyon was really difficult to sell.  Summer Store told me that the majority of their sales were to smaller places in the US (LA already has places like Union that sell Visvim, etc...)  Talked to some girl who told me that she ordered all her sneakers from the United States, where they were much cheaper.  A lot of retailers are surviving on the basis of arbritrage.

The average french guy wears his jeans like a gay dad going to the office, an office situated halfway between Castro and la Défense. A quick look at MC jeans/casual threads will deliver a lot more examples.
post #96300 of 101369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post


Ok I give up, I use and am quite satisfied by Sonos products. Keep in mind I actually enjoy music but am not stuck in my anal phase so I am not an audiphile (or a coprophile, now that I think of it).

You don't need to be an audiophile to like good sound in a nice wrapping, I gave my niece a sonos something recently and she loves it.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a beoplay A9, as I rarely use my big stereo.

Good headphones are essential though, can't live with those standard white ones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts