or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6360

post #95386 of 98391
Got a pair of white on white J's that I rarely wear. I wonder if someone artistically talented on here would want to draw on them for me.

Also want this for some reason.


Edited by cyc wid it - 5/16/14 at 9:29pm
post #95387 of 98391
Send them to me if you like corndog art on your white sneakers
post #95388 of 98391
I'll think about it (0). Really have no idea, but I've literally worn these shoes twice. There's some really creative people here so maybe I can work something out with someone - I'm not expecting any professionals like Parker necessarily, although that would be interesting too!
post #95389 of 98391
I really like my recent purchases (latest fit) - feelsgoodman
post #95390 of 98391
It's weird when you find an expensive piece, that looks exactly like it came from the thrift store for a couple bucks.. But you still want it anyways, it makes me feel stupid lol.
post #95391 of 98391
@bussit, LAGuy & ridethecliche, thx for advice, super helpful.
post #95392 of 98391
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus View Post

It's weird when you find an expensive piece, that looks exactly like it came from the thrift store for a couple bucks.. But you still want it anyways, it makes me feel stupid lol.

I have $300 Truman linen pant that feel the same as $30 Uniqlo linen blend easy pants. I feel very stupid- I even tailored both pairs so they even fit almost the same. shog[1].gif
post #95393 of 98391
Cross post from ask a question thread.

How much cheaper, generally speaking, are Japanese brands in Japan? Half price? Two thirds?
My brother in law is stationed over there and coming back in July. Was thinking of asking him to grab me some Vis FBT's and denim jacket if the price difference is significant enough. Anybody know?
post #95394 of 98391
I feel bad that two of my favorite brands aren't available in the US, Pepe and Kappa! frown.gif
post #95395 of 98391
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Cross post from ask a question thread.

How much cheaper, generally speaking, are Japanese brands in Japan? Half price? Two thirds?
My brother in law is stationed over there and coming back in July. Was thinking of asking him to grab me some Vis FBT's and denim jacket if the price difference is significant enough. Anybody know?

Prob depends on the brand and the US/ Japan retailers you're comparing, but FME, Japanese stores tend to be about 50-75% of US prices.
post #95396 of 98391
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Cross post from ask a question thread.

How much cheaper, generally speaking, are Japanese brands in Japan? Half price? Two thirds?
My brother in law is stationed over there and coming back in July. Was thinking of asking him to grab me some Vis FBT's and denim jacket if the price difference is significant enough. Anybody know?

About 1/3 cheaper for retail prices, usually more than 2/3 cheaper for used clothing.
post #95397 of 98391
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

About 1/3 cheaper for retail prices, usually more than 2/3 cheaper for used clothing.

How come used is so much cheaper in Japan? I've noticed that even on Rakuten -- second-hand (even 'nearly new') stuff from good designers often goes for a tiny fraction of the retail...
post #95398 of 98391
IIRC stigma against used clothing. They handle returns differently too.
post #95399 of 98391
Sweet thanks. So a $800 FBTs would be around 400? Sounds like a plan.
post #95400 of 98391

Plus, I think they have a different markup structure over in Japan.  In the US, the markup is bigger, but they rely on the 20/40/60% off sales in entice customers.  

 

In Japan, I think the markup is lower and things pretty much sell at retail.  Just about everything I want from Japan sell out within a week or even days of it hitting the shelves.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts