My G-star phase was so bad that the guys in my office got me a mug with the G-Star logo printed on it...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6334post #94996 of 1090535/2/14 at 2:40ampost #94997 of 1090535/2/14 at 6:17amQuote:
Right but I didn't think it would make that big of an impact. It actually might explain why the quality of his pieces are all over the map (some are fantastic and some feel like they were designed and produced by a kindergartner), his factory probably can't keep up with production demands.post #94998 of 1090535/2/14 at 6:33amQuote:
My favorite is probably Avec. They don't take reservations, so you'd have to be a bit early or wait. Other places that don't accept reservations: Girl&Goat (you have to go really early to get a table in my experience), Purple Pig. Good ramen/Japanese: umai, wasabi. Valore and Osteria via strato have pretty good italian. Sun Wah BBQ for peking duck. Lula cafe for brunch. Big star and Big&little's for tacos. Longman and eagle also had good brunch apparently, but I go for the whisky.
This is just off the top of my head, you can pm me for specificspost #94999 of 1090535/2/14 at 6:44amosteria via stato and girl & goat get my vote too. also the publican
the alinea group opened a cocktail bar called the aviary that i really want to go to. they're into modernist style of cocktails. apparently there is also a secret bar downstairs that either you need a business card to get into or i think somebody also mentioned they just simply asked their waitress at the regular barpost #95000 of 1090535/2/14 at 6:48amG&TG definitely does accept reservations... and is very overrated.
I like Quartino better than Osteria via Stato...
Avec and Blackbird are great, Sepia is good. Lula Cafe is my favorite restaurant but pretty far from downtown.
Aviary is awesome - I have only been once. Schwa was the best meal of my life to date.
My other favorite cocktail spots are The Whistler, Maria's. Berkshire Room is one of the best cocktail spots in the loop. Three Dots and a Dash is a cool newish tiki bar.
"Hottest" restaurant right now is Dusek's in Pilsen - I went a few weeks ago and it was awesome. They also have a punch bar downstairs that I really like.post #95001 of 1090535/2/14 at 7:30ampost #95002 of 1090535/2/14 at 7:31am
oh, also in Pilsen: Nuevo Leon is the best and cheapest Mexican food I've had. I'll haveta check out Dusek's
to add, emailing Aviary ahead of time will ensure a spot
I said G&TG doesn't accept reservations mainly because I forgot they do, but also because they effective don't since the only open times they ever seem to have are Tuesdays at bad times I also think all this hype/exclusivity about them makes them a bit overrated - hence I prefer Avecpost #95003 of 1090535/2/14 at 7:49ampost #95004 of 1090535/2/14 at 8:02ampost #95005 of 1090535/2/14 at 8:05ampost #95006 of 1090535/2/14 at 8:22am
If you had a newsboy cap, a tight tank top, and a pair of Adidas runners, you would have fit right in as a gay LA clubber. Everytime someone found out I was "in fashion", particularly in denim, and at every industry party where there were boyfriends of whoever, this was the buff gay dude uniform, and I would inevitably be asked by at least 3 guys: "what do you think of G-Star. The jeans are so great. They just fit my ass right." (shows off GStar clad ass).Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
G-Star already has some kind of Arc / 3D pants (source: I walk by G-Star store every day) with darting and tapering. The cut actually looks pretty good. The details are hideous, but the pairing actually kind of makes sense in that regard
I'd buy these in a plain wash with all branding removed
Yup. They have been doing this since, I want to say 2007 or so. The materials are not that great, but it's decent from the price. The design is definitely there. The problem is that that mix between the not great materials and the often terrible branding combines into "OMG Eutrotrashiness." If they used more interesting materials and toned down the branding to reflect 2014 instead of a Eastern European disco circo 1999, I'd be tempted.post #95007 of 1090535/2/14 at 9:23ampost #95008 of 1090535/2/14 at 9:43ampost #95009 of 1090535/2/14 at 9:56amDoes anyone know what happened to the Nom De Guerre space in Manhattan?
I moved out of NYC in 2011 and it was closed then I believe, but I'm curious if anything is in there now... It was such a cool space.
Those dudes were pretty rad. I remember I bought a Margiela shirt from their other store, ISA, in 2003. My first real fashion purchase upon moving to NYC.post #95010 of 1090535/2/14 at 9:57amWill add to B&S section. An item that no G-Star enthusiast should be without. Bidding starts at 2,000 USD.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 5 seconds ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 9 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 52 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Need help identifying Tie 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding