I would also consider 50/50 blends. When I did more of this stuff, I came across a company (they only do B2B) called New Line Apparel (NLA), which makes a 50/50 cotton poly blend tee that is incredibly resilient, but also very lightweight and soft. Polyester gives a lot of strength for not a lot of weight, and both the hand and the drape of the fabric was really nice. Cotton poly also allows you to get that heathered effect that we were looking for at the time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6314post #94696 of 1090544/22/14 at 6:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #94697 of 1090544/22/14 at 8:46pmQuote:
i feel like, tons of SF members were in college when CPs retailed for $325 and went on sale for like <$150 (certainliy <$200)...
now that we all make money all this shit is so expensive , even then $250 today is easier on the wallet for me than $150 was in college
where did all the poor people go?post #94698 of 1090544/22/14 at 8:49pmpost #94699 of 1090544/22/14 at 9:03pmpost #94700 of 1090544/22/14 at 11:15pmI've recently gotten into a Japanese brand of t-shirts called Barns. Loopwheeled, uniquely curved chest pocket, more natural feeling/ rougher yarns, interesting subtle textures, and very short, trim vintagey cuts. Much more interesting in texture than the mass produced Hanes stuff I have, and much more stout than American Apparel. I think it looks good with the kind of stuff I often wear these days (jeans, leather jackets, and the like).post #94701 of 1090544/23/14 at 12:33amCotton tees, for me, no matter the quality, always end up billowing around the bottom hem after a year or so of wear. I like a synthetic blend for extra strength
In other news, tried on LUC pants for the first time today, brilliant cut. Want to find a pair of these that fit slightly better
(By the way, the t-shirt in this pic is a three year old AA tri-blend that's been washed at least 50 times)post #94702 of 1090544/23/14 at 12:39ampost #94703 of 1090544/23/14 at 1:30amQuote:
Are cuved inseam and classic Js a different cut?? Ahh!! They were one of those!
Looks like Lift is having a sample sale this weekend - first I've heard of one of those. Guess I'll go check it outpost #94704 of 1090544/23/14 at 2:38am
Well, there's been a few J pants styles. For the two I know they both have one seam that swings round from the inner thigh to stop near the top of the knee and then two back seams; both start above the pocket, one travelling underneath it with the patch pocket then placed over, and the other closer to the edge of the pants near the belt line. The anatomical have the further out one curve out and over the knee while one hugs the ankle. The regular have both twisting more slightly with a similar though tighter fit.
The curved inseam pants have an outseam that begins as usual and stops at the upper thigh, with the inseam starting on the inner thigh, then curving to inside of the knee and then coming to the back of the calf. It's among the slimmest of the LUC pants I've tried.
That's a lot of messy writing, but hopefully it makes it a little clearer!
Edited by fistinyoface - 4/23/14 at 2:48ampost #94705 of 1090544/23/14 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
I've recently gotten into a Japanese brand of t-shirts called Barns. Loopwheeled, uniquely curved chest pocket, more natural feeling/ rougher yarns, interesting subtle textures, and very short, trim vintagey cuts. Much more interesting in texture than the mass produced Hanes stuff I have, and much more stout than American Apparel. I think it looks good with the kind of stuff I often wear these days (jeans, leather jackets, and the like).
This type of post makes me realize that now that we have had an APK and Nahneun fit pic in the WAYWT, you maybe the new Great White Whale.post #94706 of 1090544/23/14 at 7:25ampost #94707 of 1090544/23/14 at 7:39ampost #94708 of 1090544/23/14 at 7:44ampost #94709 of 1090544/23/14 at 7:51ampost #94710 of 1090544/23/14 at 8:20am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 11 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 14 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...