or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6309  

post #94621 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post

did drew close his instagram?

nah just changed name

http://instagram.com/giangkhapij

post #94622 of 109053

http://instagram.com/ruinandpenance

 

posted more before being active here but maybe there'll be more motivation now! 

post #94623 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentoftruth View Post

flying to Tokyo+Kyoto next week for 10 days, I'm extremely psyched. Bringing a pair of CPs and some flyknits so I'm good on the comfy shoes front but was considering also packing a pair of suede oxfords for evenings/restaurants. Is that even necessary, since at most we'll do 1 fancy dinner? I usually only wear sneakers when I travel but for some reason I have the urge to class it up a bit on this trip

it probably isn't necessary. just make your fancy dinner day a cp day
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

nah just changed name
http://instagram.com/giangkhapij

and he changes it weekly
post #94624 of 109053
i'm gonna ig stalk all of you
post #94625 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post

^ Seems in keeping with your penchant for minimalism/simplicity, Regis. 

Im sure its not the case with the fine people of SF, but in my experience (families) they are just glorified praise and gossip sites. Don't need any potential headaches from that haha




On a fashion note, Margiela took down the gray suit I wanted front their site. No explanation so far
Really want an electric blue wool jacket, but I am thunking of killing to birds with one stone and going with the reversed reversible jacket in this color instead do of navy

post #94626 of 109053
I like the idea of a sportscoat/aviator jacket mashup, but am not thrilled with the execution here. Maybe jetted pockets, but don't love the flaps.
post #94627 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post


it probably isn't necessary. just make your fancy dinner day a cp day

 

yeah that does sound like a good option. Or maybe a pair of OC DBs for semi-casual/formal

 

thanks for the input

post #94628 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I like the idea of a sportscoat/aviator jacket mashup, but am not thrilled with the execution here. Maybe jetted pockets, but don't love the flaps.

Man, thats the part I really like, because it is basically an inside out suit jacket
post #94629 of 109053
just followed a bunch of people. hashtag followback.
post #94630 of 109053
toothsomesound, ridethecliche - thanks for the suggestions.
post #94631 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan7 View Post

@ManofKent
although its in a US based shop so not practical for you in terms of actual koppage, this might be of interest to your search / deciding if you want a vintage one or not:

https://scout-seattle.com/industrial-work-jacket-blue-canvas-france-1940s

As far as modern french work jackets go, I quite like the look of this Arpenteur. There's also Vetra which is a bit less dear.

Thanks - yes the Arpenteur is tempting - lovely quality stuff, but pricey
post #94632 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Im sure its not the case with the fine people of SF, but in my experience (families) they are just glorified praise and gossip sites. Don't need any potential headaches from that haha




On a fashion note, Margiela took down the gray suit I wanted front their site. No explanation so far
Really want an electric blue wool jacket, but I am thunking of killing to birds with one stone and going with the reversed reversible jacket in this color instead do of navy


i still don't like the jacket, but as an aside: am i the only one who wouldn't be into buying a jacket where it had been styled like this i.e. the elastic cuffs stretched out like that for the product shot? or is nobody else as neurotic as i am.

i remember one time i bought a t-shirt from a local shop that was on display, and the SA pulled it off of the hanger through the damn neckhole, and it was all fucked up and stretched out afterwards.
post #94633 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Would you be against getting a used vintage one? Sometimes there are some nice looking pieces on eBay if you search under vintage French chore coats. Browsing through the "completed auctions" side of the site can give you a sense of what has passed as well.

Might give it a go - it's a cheap route into getting a french made one.
post #94634 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Im sure its not the case with the fine people of SF, but in my experience (families) they are just glorified praise and gossip sites. Don't need any potential headaches from that haha




On a fashion note, Margiela took down the gray suit I wanted front their site. No explanation so far
Really want an electric blue wool jacket, but I am thunking of killing to birds with one stone and going with the reversed reversible jacket in this color instead do of navy


i still don't like the jacket, but as an aside: am i the only one who wouldn't be into buying a jacket where it had been styled like this i.e. the elastic cuffs stretched out like that for the product shot? or is nobody else as neurotic as i am.

i remember one time i bought a t-shirt from a local shop that was on display, and the SA pulled it off of the hanger through the damn neckhole, and it was all fucked up and stretched out afterwards.

Man I just can't get the idea of wearing it with my navy viscose knit, some navy wool trousers and my midnight boots. The good news is it's stocked in a lot of places so I don't have to rush into buying it
post #94635 of 109053

Is it just me or is the selection at ln-cc getting smaller/worse?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts