or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6294

post #94396 of 100298
(re: purchase failure ratio)

glad to hear some guys were like me. so I guess it's normal for someone who's just starting out in this stylez world.
post #94397 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

My wife woke me up this morning just as I was dreaming that Stanley van Buren had made giant crepes with fruit animals on toothpicks. I didn't get to eat one frown.gif

Normally I would think that such a post is pretty creepy, but since it came from you, Zissou, it's okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAN View Post

I really like the look of Folk, but people have said the quality sucks. Anything similar?

Own two piece from Folk including one S.N.S. like cardigan. I've worn the cardigan for three consecutive winters with nary an issue. Might want to PM Teger, I know he owns a few pieces.
post #94398 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

Do you have any positive experiences with this brand? Nice price point too. Hermes is upwards of 1k
I don't know if you are talking about the ones I posted or the link by Synth, but I wear my Margiela leather ones all the time (with a clear rubber sole) and they are holding up nicely, I'd imagine these leather soled ones would hold up even better
A friend on another forum has a pair of the womens loafers and really likes them - I'm thinking about getting a pair for my SO. I May be misremembering, but I think i remember reading that they were even similar to MMM - glued, etc, but nice. I don't own any, though.
post #94399 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

Looked into those but all the ones I found had either skulls or tassles. I've been searching around....even Louboutin and my local Stubbs and Wootton "Palm Beach Chic"

 

I think mezlan makes woven loafers like that as well.

post #94400 of 100298
@StanleyVanBuren Recently picked up the suede chukkas from BB and cannot recommend them enough. The dainite sole is very comfortable and provides protection from the occasional need to step in a puddle. It's got the height of a boot, but it's not too bulky so it pretty much goes with everything. Just something to keep in mind.
post #94401 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

@StanleyVanBuren Recently picked up the suede chukkas from BB and cannot recommend them enough. The dainite sole is very comfortable and provides protection from the occasional need to step in a puddle. It's got the height of a boot, but it's not too bulky so it pretty much goes with everything. Just something to keep in mind.

 

Which ones? The ones made by AE?

post #94402 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Which ones? The ones made by AE?

I don't think AE makes shoes for BB? Their made in England so they're either C&J or AS.
post #94403 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post


I don't think AE makes shoes for BB? Their made in England so they're either C&J or AS.


You are incorrect about the US stuff. There are US made BB shoes that are made by AE as well as Rancourt in Maine.


Their english made shoes are made by Peal and C&J among many other brands.

post #94404 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post


You are incorrect about the US stuff. There are US made BB shoes that are made by AE as well as Rancourt in Maine.

Good to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Their english made shoes are made by Peal and C&J among many other brands.

Peal is just a brand name that BB owns but hasn't existed as a maker for many years. I forget how it works, but you look at the writing on the side of your shoe and there are certain clue that tell you whether it's AS or C&J.
post #94405 of 100298

Did someone say floral jackets? This thing is ridiculous.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cortefiel-Spain-Velvet-Paisley-Leather-Trim-Tuxedo-Jacket-40-R-COOOL-/321377601182?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item4ad399069e

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post


Good to know
Peal is just a brand name that BB owns but hasn't existed as a maker for many years. I forget how it works, but you look at the writing on the side of your shoe and there are certain clue that tell you whether it's AS or C&J.

I know that about peal.

 

C&J's tells are the nail pattern on the heel. I think Cheaney might make for Peal as well, but I'm not certain. There are definitely tiers.

post #94406 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

The Hermes. They aren't for anything except indoors and maybe your porch, though.

Can you tell me anything about the quality of Bottega Veneta? couldn't find anything via search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

Do you have any positive experiences with this brand? Nice price point too. Hermes is upwards of 1k
I don't know if you are talking about the ones I posted or the link by Synth, but I wear my Margiela leather ones all the time (with a clear rubber sole) and they are holding up nicely, I'd imagine these leather soled ones would hold up even better
A friend on another forum has a pair of the womens loafers and really likes them - I'm thinking about getting a pair for my SO. I May be misremembering, but I think i remember reading that they were even similar to MMM - glued, etc, but nice. I don't own any, though.

Thanks man these are in my final four to try out for purchase
post #94407 of 100298
Dunno about the particular piece you are looking at but BV generally matches Hermès in quality. Hermès shoes are not at the level of their bags and other central items (they own John Lobb Paris for that) but they're decently made although a little fragile IMHO. Everything BV/Hermès is absolutely, ridiculously overpriced but you can be assured it's not shoddily made.
post #94408 of 100298
Ahh, many thanks. I am looking the BV Calf Slipper. Your post goes along with what my initial guess was
post #94409 of 100298
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

Can you tell me anything about the quality of Bottega Veneta? couldn't find anything via search
Thanks man these are in my final four to try out for purchase

Bottega is very nice. The leather is terrific. It's actually so uniform that people who don't have much experience with leather goods mistake it for plastic, especially those pieces with a lacquered finish. The price is high compared to other companies, but if you want woven leather, it's the best in class.
post #94410 of 100298
While you're at it you might as well check out Belgian shoes and look like a NYC art dealer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts