or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6262  

post #93916 of 109053
Generally, it's shitty hangers. It could also be a fit issue. Post a pic.
post #93917 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Buy a Uniqlo white dress shirt, DIY some black shit on there, save yourself $700.

 

^this

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

$700 for a shirt is nuts

Reminds me of this ...

The article itself is interesting but the comments are even more interesting...

 

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/207ezs/side_by_side_rick_owens_450_tee_vs_hanes_5_tee_or

post #93918 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

hey party people, anyone know what causes this 'crevasse' between the neck and the shoulder blade on some blazers/suits? it happens with some of my tailored outerwear, but I have no idea what causes it. thought i'd check with y'all first before i brave the cm folks

 

F

post #93919 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

hey party people, anyone know what causes this 'dimple' between the neck and the shoulder blade on some blazers/suits? it happens with some of my tailored outerwear, but I have no idea what causes it. thought i'd check with y'all first before i brave the cm folks

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 80

 

I had the same issue with a (wool) blazer...

I hung it once near the tub while having a hot shower (to take the wrinkles away), and I ironed it, then started using "thick" hangers

(like this one)

 

 

The blazer went back to his original shape, it was much less visible, but not totally gone

My big brother explained to me that the problem may be the blazer cut vs. my torso shape : Though it fitted me on the waits/hips, the shoulders were a little large, seems like the blazer was made for V-shaped torso (thin waist and broad shoulders). Only option was to take it to the tailor, but would cost $$$$$ ... 

So i started "cheating" : I wear it with sweaters or a vest/ waistcoat to add volume to my torso


Edited by Moonchild - 4/1/14 at 2:58pm
post #93920 of 109053

So Bam has dirt cheap hangers and/or small shoulders. :devil:

post #93921 of 109053
Thanks for the theories yall

The blazer in question had a dimple right out of the box (though not quite as dramatic as the dimple on that plokhov jacket above), so while it could be because of cheapo hangers, it's unlikely. my theory is similar to moonchild's-- that the jacket was cut for shoulders more squared-off than mine. i'll just take it to a tailor and see what they say. then i'll cook up some popcorn and report the stunning conclusions
post #93922 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post

^this
Reminds me of this ...
The article itself is interesting but the comments are even more interesting...

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/207ezs/side_by_side_rick_owens_450_tee_vs_hanes_5_tee_or

thanks for that
post #93923 of 109053
Ooooohhh... that dimple. I was thinking in the actual shoulder line area. Strike what I said.

That dimple is from poor tailoring.
post #93924 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

Thanks for the theories yall

The blazer in question had a dimple right out of the box (though not quite as dramatic as the dimple on that plokhov jacket above), so while it could be because of cheapo hangers, it's unlikely. my theory is similar to moonchild's-- that the jacket was cut for shoulders more squared-off than mine. i'll just take it to a tailor and see what they say. then i'll cook up some popcorn and report the stunning conclusions

Don't underestimate the hanger thing.  Using very thin hangers (like those at the cleaners) can change the shape of the shoulder pads in the long run and the jacket can sag (it depends on the material as well).

IMHO, proceed as follows (if you don't have it done by the tailor) : put it on a thick hanger, and and hang it your bathroom (away from water and other thing that may stain it). The steam will do miracles on the fabric (i supposed it's wool).

post #93925 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
 

Don't underestimate the hanger thing.  Using very thin hangers (like those at the cleaners) can change the shape of the shoulder pads in the long run and the jacket can sag (it depends on the material as well).

IMHO, proceed as follows (if you don't have it done by the tailor) : put it on a thick hanger, and and hang it your bathroom (away from water and other thing that may stain it). The steam will do miracles on the fabric (i supposed it's wool).


Steaming a suit is awful for it, even more so when done poorly.

post #93926 of 109053
dimple happens when there's too much ease in the shoulder seam, can also be in issue with certain fabrics or padding.
post #93927 of 109053
why is steaming a suit bad?
post #93928 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 


Steaming a suit is awful for it, even more so when done poorly.

Let me clarify : it's not about spraying hot steam directly on the fabric (with a iron); more like 'exposing' it to the steam of the bathroom while taking a hot tub (= like  a sauna) ~moisturizing it.

Plus it doesn't shrink and thin wool dries very quickly ...

post #93929 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyBirch View Post

why is steaming a suit bad?

 

Can ruin tailoring pretty easily. There's a CM thread on it with an awful video to boot and a post by a tailor.

post #93930 of 109053
I like this concept
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts