Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6261post #93901 of 1090543/31/14 at 7:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #93902 of 1090543/31/14 at 7:21pmpost #93903 of 1090543/31/14 at 7:22pmpost #93904 of 1090543/31/14 at 8:08pmpost #93905 of 1090543/31/14 at 8:24pmpost #93906 of 1090544/1/14 at 5:09amQuote:
Yep. Beautiful. My experience with MMM is that the white leather on the top back tab of the inside heel does get worn out first. Got me to start using a shoe horn on a regular basis. So that's at least one thing, for me, that canvas slip-ons have over the leathers.post #93907 of 1090544/1/14 at 5:11amStill prefer vans, jack purcells (white ones), and Stan smiths to 99% of baller sneaks. (Edit: more realistically that number is prob like 85% because I do really like some baller sneaks, certain ones from Lanvin and Raf mostly). Different vibe but same goes for Nikes.
Ps - Stan smiths are the new cool thing among women, and probably men shortly after. Phoebe Philo is also responsible for that one. Sneaker influencer!post #93908 of 1090544/1/14 at 8:14amQuote:the achilles heel of mmm sneakers is the heel construction itself and the buttery smooth leather used as lining.
the material backing the smooth leather lining on the heel is made of a stiff mesh and when it breaks it will tear through the heel lining and fuck with your heel most of the time.
thats happen to me at least twice with mmm gats
Edited by canstyleace - 4/1/14 at 8:25ampost #93909 of 1090544/1/14 at 10:08am
my sneaker wearing is 90% Vans or Stans -- both of which I've worn since I was a kid. I remember the first time thinking Stans may have been "cool" in a fashion sense is seeing Marc Jacobs in them in the 90s (or maybe late 80s)post #93910 of 1090544/1/14 at 11:51ampost #93911 of 1090544/1/14 at 11:51ampost #93912 of 1090544/1/14 at 11:58ampost #93913 of 1090544/1/14 at 12:02pmpost #93914 of 1090544/1/14 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlexanderTGQuote:
Yep. Beautiful. My experience with MMM is that the white leather on the top back tab of the inside heel does get worn out first. Got me to start using a shoe horn on a regular basis. So that's at least one thing, for me, that canvas slip-ons have over the leathers.
I'm a "bit" bias but if you like them don't settle for vans or the like, go for the Margiela. I live in never ending summer land and leather espadrillas/moccasins/loafers etc dont feel uncomfortable at all, in fact I prefer them to something like canvas.
These don't seem to be flying off the shelves so if you are patient you can probably get them at 40% off. I myself want a pair to wear with white trousers and various cream and navy tops.
It must be my heavy rotation of my shoes because I buy this stuff exclusively and I've never had any of my Margiela footwear come apart one me (so far)post #93915 of 1090544/1/14 at 2:03pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1663 Active Users (371 Members and 1292 Guests)
- › The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get... 30 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Searching for this boot 3 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...