Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:31 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6261post #93901 of 1090543/31/14 at 7:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #93902 of 1090543/31/14 at 7:21pmpost #93903 of 1090543/31/14 at 7:22pmpost #93904 of 1090543/31/14 at 8:08pmpost #93905 of 1090543/31/14 at 8:24pmpost #93906 of 1090544/1/14 at 5:09amQuote:
Yep. Beautiful. My experience with MMM is that the white leather on the top back tab of the inside heel does get worn out first. Got me to start using a shoe horn on a regular basis. So that's at least one thing, for me, that canvas slip-ons have over the leathers.post #93907 of 1090544/1/14 at 5:11amStill prefer vans, jack purcells (white ones), and Stan smiths to 99% of baller sneaks. (Edit: more realistically that number is prob like 85% because I do really like some baller sneaks, certain ones from Lanvin and Raf mostly). Different vibe but same goes for Nikes.
Ps - Stan smiths are the new cool thing among women, and probably men shortly after. Phoebe Philo is also responsible for that one. Sneaker influencer!post #93908 of 1090544/1/14 at 8:14amQuote:the achilles heel of mmm sneakers is the heel construction itself and the buttery smooth leather used as lining.
the material backing the smooth leather lining on the heel is made of a stiff mesh and when it breaks it will tear through the heel lining and fuck with your heel most of the time.
thats happen to me at least twice with mmm gats
Edited by canstyleace - 4/1/14 at 8:25ampost #93909 of 1090544/1/14 at 10:08am
my sneaker wearing is 90% Vans or Stans -- both of which I've worn since I was a kid. I remember the first time thinking Stans may have been "cool" in a fashion sense is seeing Marc Jacobs in them in the 90s (or maybe late 80s)post #93910 of 1090544/1/14 at 11:51ampost #93911 of 1090544/1/14 at 11:51ampost #93912 of 1090544/1/14 at 11:58ampost #93913 of 1090544/1/14 at 12:02pmpost #93914 of 1090544/1/14 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlexanderTGQuote:
Yep. Beautiful. My experience with MMM is that the white leather on the top back tab of the inside heel does get worn out first. Got me to start using a shoe horn on a regular basis. So that's at least one thing, for me, that canvas slip-ons have over the leathers.
I'm a "bit" bias but if you like them don't settle for vans or the like, go for the Margiela. I live in never ending summer land and leather espadrillas/moccasins/loafers etc dont feel uncomfortable at all, in fact I prefer them to something like canvas.
These don't seem to be flying off the shelves so if you are patient you can probably get them at 40% off. I myself want a pair to wear with white trousers and various cream and navy tops.
It must be my heavy rotation of my shoes because I buy this stuff exclusively and I've never had any of my Margiela footwear come apart one me (so far)post #93915 of 1090544/1/14 at 2:03pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 906 Active Users (147 Members and 759 Guests)
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 32 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 7 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 11 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 16 minutes ago
- › Any hotel recommendations for Singapore and Bali? 38 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 38 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...