Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6259  

post #93871 of 109053
Optimized by JPEGmini 3.7.62.0 Internal 0x70755b56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

vans look so much better than both those slip ons that got posted. some of you guys get so blinded by labels it's hilarious.

I must say they do look nice. And I'm not kidding.
post #93872 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTG View Post

Tough call. I can only own one black, slip-on sneak this year.

Which one will it be?


Top is Margiela.

Bottom is CP.

Thanks gang.

These are ugly, you wouldn't even be thinking of wearing slippers if it wasn't for Céline and that is true even if you don't know Céline made some.
post #93873 of 109053
I respectfully disagree.
post #93874 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTG View Post

I respectfully disagree.

Meaning I disagree that they're ugly, not regarding Céline.
post #93875 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTG View Post

I have a lot of Margiela and CP. I appreciate the quality, design, materials, longevity, workmanship and the inherent ridiculousness exclusivity that comes with wearing a $500 pair of sneakers.

Growing up in the 1980s I always wanted a pair of Vans. Never got one for whatever reason (Catholic school dress codes and all). So I never developed a connection to them.

Now I'm a bit older and I'd rather buy one pair of shoes that will last five or more years than one that I have to replace in two.

MMMs will last that much longer with the same wear? I doubt this. Bands slip ons are like 40 bucks, so the lasting argument is a bit moot.
post #93876 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post


MMMs will last that much longer with the same wear? I doubt this. Bands slip ons are like 40 bucks, so the lasting argument is a bit moot.

 

They'll definitely last longer.  Also, vans may "last" for a year of wear, but they'll look really beat up after a month or two.  That's fine if it's what you want, but considering he wears SLP everything he probably wants new-looking shoes.

post #93877 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTG View Post

Meaning I disagree that they're ugly, not regarding Céline.

I don't like seeing a relatively heavy material on something that, by design, evoke airiness and summer days. Vans have made the right design choice from the start and everything else just messes with the original in a way that would make zombie Dieter Ram come back from the grave to bite people on the ankle
post #93878 of 109053
I'm learning everyday.

Thanks for your comments on all of this, guys.
post #93879 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post
 

 

They'll definitely last longer.  Also, vans may "last" for a year of wear, but they'll look really beat up after a month or two.  That's fine if it's what you want, but considering he wears SLP everything he probably wants new-looking shoes.


Ah, I feel like vans are a summer rite of passage shoe. If they're destroyed by the end of the fall, then that means you probably had a good time.

post #93880 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTG View Post

I respectfully disagree.

but you're wrong.
post #93881 of 109053
Fair enough.
post #93882 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderTG View Post

I have a lot of Margiela and CP. I appreciate the quality, design, materials, longevity, workmanship and the inherent ridiculousness exclusivity that comes with wearing a $500 pair of sneakers.

Growing up in the 1980s I always wanted a pair of Vans. Never got one for whatever reason (Catholic school dress codes and all). So I never developed a connection to them.

Now I'm a bit older and I'd rather buy one pair of shoes that will last five or more years than one that I have to replace in two.

We used to squeak by in Catholic school with olive suede or black chukkas/eras with black outsoles. Felt like we were getting away with something.

post #93883 of 109053
I like the Margiela, I suspect because I'm imagining Regis wearing them. Buy them if you can dress like him.
post #93884 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

I don't like seeing a relatively heavy material on something that, by design, evoke airiness and summer days. Vans have made the right design choice from the start and everything else just messes with the original in a way that would make zombie Dieter Ram come back from the grave to bite people on the ankle

Incidentally, just busted out my Marc Jacobs Vans from way back on the day. The shape works better with lose summer clothes in a way that shoes built on the Margom Serena sole really can't:



You ride on them, spill crap on them, wear them on a sandy beach, and don't give it a second thought
post #93885 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Incidentally, just busted out my Marc Jacobs Vans from way back on the day. The shape works better with lose summer clothes in a way that shoes built on the Margom Serena sole really can't:



You ride on them, spill crap on them, wear them on a sandy beach, and don't give it a second thought

Damn I had the orange ones back in the day, Mom thought I was crazy for spending so much more over my standard Rowley vans


Also you better cuff ya chick, slip-ons get ladies, my Vans lime green, yea, I'm flyer than a spaceship Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts