Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:37 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6255post #93811 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #93812 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:35pmpost #93813 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:40pmpost #93814 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:43pmI think I can wear some of the EG blazers inside out. Some of their inner lining is amazing (Black viscose with silk paisley sleeve/ colorful floral, etc)
edit: I had this thought after seeing some Yohji and CDG stuff from the past that had the inside-out detail. Now I wonder what their inside look likepost #93815 of 1090543/29/14 at 10:00pmpost #93816 of 1090543/30/14 at 1:48amQuote:
F/W York St at J Press had a great grey flannel suit which for some reason still had a full size range left in stock at 50% off or something so maybe wait for next year's F/W season?
Current BBBF cut looks way too awkward and the price is just getting ridiculous. If you have the dime I would save for a suit from Thom Browne's 'new' line which is actually a nod back to his classic designs.
If you want something 'minimalist' then Yang Li has had some decent ones.post #93817 of 1090543/30/14 at 2:03ampost #93818 of 1090543/30/14 at 3:21ampost #93819 of 1090543/30/14 at 4:03ampost #93820 of 1090543/30/14 at 4:04am^ What KoY said.
It's actually hard to pull off dark shirts well, but with very few exceptions, light blue doesn't look good with black, especially as a jacket.
If you want to wear that washed denim jacket anyway, keep it simple : a white t shirt (or a discreet graphic white tee), or a checkered shirt for a more 'Americana'/ trucker look.
Regarding dark shirts,I own only one black shirt with white polka dots. Though beautiful and nicely cut, I rarely wear it (seems to work only with black trousers -waiter/bouncer look- and a grey or red jacket).
Actually, though less mentioned here, I find navy shirts way hard to pull off... Anyone agrees?post #93821 of 1090543/30/14 at 4:25ampost #93822 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:39amQuote:
dude i'm really not trying to be a dick to you because i do kind of know you irl but you just don't really "get" this side of the forum. i know you love thrifting and getting cheap clothing, but most people on here don't really care. we're willing to pay more (sometimes, a lot more) for things we really want because we're genuinely interested in our clothing design, geeky details, and where they come from. getting a pair of shoes for $10 at a thrift store don't interested 90% of the posters on this board because if you don't want a thrifted pair of cole haans, paying $10 for a thrifted pair of cole hands is still overpaying.post #93823 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:44am
Is scarcity ever a motivating factor in what you buy? Like I don't just mean that rush to buy something just because it's the last item in stock, but because you think that it's unlikely you'll ever see something like it ever again?post #93824 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:49amI'm 27 and I already have a job (freelance translator). Now my biggest dream is owning a clothing brand. However, I don't know shit about designing (I draw like a 5 years old), I virtually don't have connections in the fashion world, and I work 5 days a week. What I'm sure of is my taste and eyes for aesthetics. So how achievable is my dream?post #93825 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:50amQuote:
If you really like the item, surely that goes without saying?
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 3 minutes ago
- › Rome / Naples Advice 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...