Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6255
Styleforum Top Picks
edit: I had this thought after seeing some Yohji and CDG stuff from the past that had the inside-out detail. Now I wonder what their inside look like
F/W York St at J Press had a great grey flannel suit which for some reason still had a full size range left in stock at 50% off or something so maybe wait for next year's F/W season?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Current BBBF cut looks way too awkward and the price is just getting ridiculous. If you have the dime I would save for a suit from Thom Browne's 'new' line which is actually a nod back to his classic designs.
If you want something 'minimalist' then Yang Li has had some decent ones.
It's actually hard to pull off dark shirts well, but with very few exceptions, light blue doesn't look good with black, especially as a jacket.
If you want to wear that washed denim jacket anyway, keep it simple : a white t shirt (or a discreet graphic white tee), or a checkered shirt for a more 'Americana'/ trucker look.
Regarding dark shirts,I own only one black shirt with white polka dots. Though beautiful and nicely cut, I rarely wear it (seems to work only with black trousers -waiter/bouncer look- and a grey or red jacket).
Actually, though less mentioned here, I find navy shirts way hard to pull off... Anyone agrees?
dude i'm really not trying to be a dick to you because i do kind of know you irl but you just don't really "get" this side of the forum. i know you love thrifting and getting cheap clothing, but most people on here don't really care. we're willing to pay more (sometimes, a lot more) for things we really want because we're genuinely interested in our clothing design, geeky details, and where they come from. getting a pair of shoes for $10 at a thrift store don't interested 90% of the posters on this board because if you don't want a thrifted pair of cole haans, paying $10 for a thrifted pair of cole hands is still overpaying.
If you really like the item, surely that goes without saying?
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Sidian Ersatz & Vanes / Size : M ( Brand New ) 1 minute ago
- › Alden NST Boot in Color 8 Shell on Plaza and Commando from J Gilbert 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...