Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6255post #93811 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #93812 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:35pmpost #93813 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:40pmpost #93814 of 1090543/29/14 at 9:43pmI think I can wear some of the EG blazers inside out. Some of their inner lining is amazing (Black viscose with silk paisley sleeve/ colorful floral, etc)
edit: I had this thought after seeing some Yohji and CDG stuff from the past that had the inside-out detail. Now I wonder what their inside look likepost #93815 of 1090543/29/14 at 10:00pmpost #93816 of 1090543/30/14 at 1:48amQuote:
F/W York St at J Press had a great grey flannel suit which for some reason still had a full size range left in stock at 50% off or something so maybe wait for next year's F/W season?
Current BBBF cut looks way too awkward and the price is just getting ridiculous. If you have the dime I would save for a suit from Thom Browne's 'new' line which is actually a nod back to his classic designs.
If you want something 'minimalist' then Yang Li has had some decent ones.post #93817 of 1090543/30/14 at 2:03ampost #93818 of 1090543/30/14 at 3:21ampost #93819 of 1090543/30/14 at 4:03ampost #93820 of 1090543/30/14 at 4:04am^ What KoY said.
It's actually hard to pull off dark shirts well, but with very few exceptions, light blue doesn't look good with black, especially as a jacket.
If you want to wear that washed denim jacket anyway, keep it simple : a white t shirt (or a discreet graphic white tee), or a checkered shirt for a more 'Americana'/ trucker look.
Regarding dark shirts,I own only one black shirt with white polka dots. Though beautiful and nicely cut, I rarely wear it (seems to work only with black trousers -waiter/bouncer look- and a grey or red jacket).
Actually, though less mentioned here, I find navy shirts way hard to pull off... Anyone agrees?post #93821 of 1090543/30/14 at 4:25ampost #93822 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:39amQuote:
dude i'm really not trying to be a dick to you because i do kind of know you irl but you just don't really "get" this side of the forum. i know you love thrifting and getting cheap clothing, but most people on here don't really care. we're willing to pay more (sometimes, a lot more) for things we really want because we're genuinely interested in our clothing design, geeky details, and where they come from. getting a pair of shoes for $10 at a thrift store don't interested 90% of the posters on this board because if you don't want a thrifted pair of cole haans, paying $10 for a thrifted pair of cole hands is still overpaying.post #93823 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:44am
Is scarcity ever a motivating factor in what you buy? Like I don't just mean that rush to buy something just because it's the last item in stock, but because you think that it's unlikely you'll ever see something like it ever again?post #93824 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:49amI'm 27 and I already have a job (freelance translator). Now my biggest dream is owning a clothing brand. However, I don't know shit about designing (I draw like a 5 years old), I virtually don't have connections in the fashion world, and I work 5 days a week. What I'm sure of is my taste and eyes for aesthetics. So how achievable is my dream?post #93825 of 1090543/30/14 at 6:50amQuote:
If you really like the item, surely that goes without saying?
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...