Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:04 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6251
Styleforum Top Pickspost #93752 of 1090543/28/14 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)If you are under 5'10" then it will probably be ok, anything over and it's gonna be too short no matter what. Labels are thin but again not too bad. If it's the cut you like, Band of Outsiders is another option, maybe a little pricier at retail but it will go on sale at Barneys. But if you aren't wearing suits just get something cheap? Yoox has a lot of options
I'm about 6'1 so jacket length will probably be a problem.
I'll check out Jil suiting. Gonna try to make it out to Uniqlo this weekend too to check out their suits.post #93753 of 1090543/28/14 at 11:55ampost #93754 of 1090543/28/14 at 1:02pmQuote:
Can't be any worse than a Novair flight I was one to Thailand once, the over seat lighting had three setting on, off or light show and you couldn't choose which you got, which was great on an over night flight.
To make a bad thing worse some of the overhead compartments opened upon taking off, turbulence and landing, also who the fuck calls an airline NO AIR?post #93755 of 1090543/28/14 at 1:10pmpost #93756 of 1090543/28/14 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
I'd be willing to be that it's not all muscle, and if you did a cut you'd be able to fit into the jeans again. I don't know what size you were starting from but after lifting for a year and dieting for 2 months everything still fits just fine.
If you were a total ectomorph before obviously that won't be the case.
I mean yeah it's not all muscle, but I've managed to stay pretty lean throughout the whole process. Though my waist could probably be cut down a bit, my lower body has always been pretty developed from hockey. Being in the gym has only added more volume, and most of that has gone to the rear and to the thighs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine I could just "cut" my thighs and glutes. I really don't think they could be much leaner.post #93757 of 1090543/28/14 at 1:25pmQuote:
He meant the actual drop of your body, that is your chest measurement in relation to your waist. Not what you sweater/jacket size is compared to your pants.
If you are somewhat built and muscular, some cuts that skinny people look good will look bad on you.Quote:Originally Posted by thewho13
I mean yeah it's not all muscle, but I've managed to stay pretty lean throughout the whole process. Though my waist could probably be cut down a bit, my lower body has always been pretty developed from hockey. Being in the gym has only added more volume, and most of that has gone to the rear and to the thighs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine I could just "cut" my thighs and glutes. I really don't think they could be much leaner.If most of your weight gain goes to your legs, most of the weight is probably also gonna come off the legs when you go on a diet and cut weight since it appears thats were you store most fat and gain most muscle. My thighs shrunk 2 inches around on my cut last year when I dropped 15 pounds. My APC size went from something like a 33 to a 31. My legs also grew the most on the prior bulk.They will def get smaller when you lose weight. No way around it.post #93758 of 1090543/28/14 at 1:46pmpost #93759 of 1090543/28/14 at 2:20pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by thewho13
I mean yeah it's not all muscle, but I've managed to stay pretty lean throughout the whole process. Though my waist could probably be cut down a bit, my lower body has always been pretty developed from hockey. Being in the gym has only added more volume, and most of that has gone to the rear and to the thighs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine I could just "cut" my thighs and glutes. I really don't think they could be much leaner.
Agree with conceptionist, I think you will be surprised.post #93760 of 1090543/28/14 at 3:16pm
Is there any weird CM rule about when to put cuffs on slacks or not? I've got a pair of suit pants that I want to have hemmed to no break and I'm wondering if I should get cuffs put on them too. Trousers are flat front with an 8" hem if that makes any difference.post #93761 of 1090543/28/14 at 8:38pm
Messed up a hem job on wool pants because I wore them higher at the tailor then I normally do relaxed and don't like wearing belts unless paired with collared shirts I wear infrequently. Supposed to be no break but now nearly whole inch longer than expected with break. My tailor's gonna laugh when I bring in thee pairs of pants to re-hem, although two are raw denim and their stretch is crazy unpredictable.post #93762 of 1090543/29/14 at 12:01ampost #93763 of 1090543/29/14 at 12:27amQuote:
Not really. There's an outdated dictum that says cuffs for pleated pants, no cuffs for flat front pants, which I don't think has been followed for a long time. Some people say cuffs shorten the leg line, so they're less ideal for shorter people, but @mafoofan is short and likes 2" cuffs.
One point in favor of cuffs is that the extra weight of the cuff helps the drape of the pants, reinforcing the clean, straight line of no break. I like to ask for a slightly slanted hem on pants with no break, though, so my socks aren't exposed as easily, but you can't achieve this with cuffs. If I go no cuffs and no break, I usually ask the tailor to add interlining at the hem, so I get the benefit of the extra weight.
I cuffed all my suit pants in the past but am starting to prefer the slightly more minimalist look of no cuffs. Big cuffs will mark you as more of a CM guy, which is probably fine since we're talking suits and you're wondering about CM rules.post #93764 of 1090543/29/14 at 12:57amYou can slant cuffs, just a more difficult job
I will be trying 1.5" cuffs tomorrow. 1" is fine but I could use more weight for the drape...
I like cuffs for all CM pants, looks nice with jackets and long coats
For thicker fabric some prefer no cuffs due to the inherent weight of the material
I've been brainwashed by CM fwiw...NMWA does a superb job of melding the two aestheticspost #93765 of 1090543/29/14 at 1:33amAgree. There's one Zara shop next to my workplace, and I feel the same about it. This "season" (a season for Zara = 2 months), they heavily copied Saint Laurent Paris : I saw the perfecto (in faux leather... Yuck!), the destroy jeans with the chains around the holes, the (faux) leather blazer... The cut looks good but its disgusting, even though I can't afford 'real' Saint Laurent. Faux leather for instance ages badly and keep odors. I wonder how Zara never faces legal issues over copying other brands design? I mean , if you copy a song's melody, you can be sued for that... Are things different in the designing/clothing world? (Matter of fact I actually remember Louboutin suing Zara 2 years ago for copying one of his signature high heels shoes... And he lost. Maybe the case refrained the other designer to sue Zara?)...
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Black Chromexcel Engineer sz. 11 - New 2 minutes ago
- › Suit brands for short/thin guy? 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...