Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6246post #93676 of 1090533/26/14 at 10:14pmpost #93677 of 1090533/26/14 at 10:22pmpost #93678 of 1090533/26/14 at 10:23pmpost #93679 of 1090533/26/14 at 10:35pmDunno tailored designer maybe? I like the Margiela pants I picked up, but those aren't really things I can pic up at full retail on the regular. Recs for any cool pants are good - probably not drop crotch stuff though.post #93680 of 1090533/26/14 at 10:43pmQuote:
I can't make that happen, unfortunately. My sister is getting married in June which pretty much blows that whole month for me.
Not that we are the "refundable ticket" type anyway. Not that we can't afford it, but just #noregrets, right? Also, we can't afford it.
But here are our upcoming opportunities for shenanigans should you wish/be able to adjust your schedule:
- Sept 2014: Copenhagen (hygge!)
- NYE 2015: British Virgin Islands (sup @RegisDB9)post #93681 of 1090533/26/14 at 11:02pm
i posted this on another forum but it applies
recently i purchased a pair of mmm boots for around $300 and it made me realize i don't even want to spend that much money on clothes at the moment. i ended up returning them cause $300 is a whole lot of food, concert tickets, and other shit.
my problem is that my wardrobe really isn't that big, though i feel almost satisfied with it (for the upcoming season, anyway). with the addition of the recent uniqlo linen pants and button downs i got, i should be good in that department (although i do have to exchange the button downs for a smaller size but that's whatever). for shoes the only pair i've been eyeing lately are white slip on vans which i'll get soon and are cheap. all i really want right now is another jacket because i only have one and it's literally all i wear for outerwear... my issue is i'm not exactly sure what i want, so it may be my last expensive purchase for a while. i saw an eg bomber on rakuten and didn't buy it and i'm really regretting waiting cause fuck it was so nice.
another thing i've noticed is how content i am with my wardrobe is very dependent on how i'm feeling about myself. probably 3-4 months ago i was kind of happy with my wardrobe and the way it was, but then i started experimenting and changed my style pretty drastically. at the moment i'm generally satisfied with how things are going so i'm content about what i'm wearing as i really do use to express myself (i try to use lots of colors, albeit generally not loud, and relaxed clothes).
and honestly, i don't really cop a lot to begin with. since the beginning of the year i've purchased maybe 10 things? give or take a couple. the thing is also with me is that i so very rarely see something and think to myself "wow i have to have that" and if i do it's most likely out of my price range. i mean hell i'm a college student working part time, i make around $700 every month which is really not a lot for clothes. plus with gas, insurance, and anything else i don't have a choice in spending, i'm down to around ~500 and that's nothing.
i think i'll take a break in copping (unless i find a jacket that i like that's not too much, cause as i said before i only have one atm and have been looking for one forever). and also plain tee's and shit cause mine keep disappearing..
also i'm moving soon and i'm really determined in getting my room to how i like it because i fucking hate my room how is right now. it's so ugly and the layout is ugh so i'll probably spend money on new sheets and room decorations and stuff. thinking some candles and tapestries (any other suggestions? or room layouts. i'm all ears )post #93682 of 1090533/26/14 at 11:07pmpost #93683 of 1090533/26/14 at 11:27pmQuote:
This is me today
Didn't realize that 1) Stephan Schneider coat would sell out that quickly 2) I just bought a green coat so no need for that color 3) Well, I actually didn't really want the coat but after checking out the links, I realized it was within my budget and 4) Learned that the hood is actually removable making it slightly more desirable
Sort of mixed feelings (ugh) but I will echo everyone else and say 'nice job' to the team at No Man Walks Alone for putting the project together
It will be great seeing how everyone wears their new coat in fall.post #93684 of 1090533/26/14 at 11:28pmpost #93685 of 1090533/26/14 at 11:59pm^i do that everyday. SSDD...no biggie. You should check out Kamakura.
TBH I park in front of my office and it takes less than 3 minutes to walk to the front door. Doesn't stop me from putting my coat on. Same thing when I leave at night. I put it on and check myself out in the mirror before exiting the building (I am also more susceptible to cold and like to keep toasty).post #93686 of 1090533/27/14 at 12:12ampost #93687 of 1090533/27/14 at 4:52amQuote:
that's when you take a cue from American Idol contestants and wear your outerwear indoors at all times, even while doing strenuous activitypost #93688 of 1090533/27/14 at 5:16amQuote:
I have a few pairs of margiela pants. I think I paid $60, $75, and $120 for them, all new. Black, burgundy melange, and blue with a subtle pattern respectively.
That was over the span of a bit over a year, so if you're impatient they will be more. But I think <$200 is pretty feasible.post #93689 of 1090533/27/14 at 5:49ampost #93690 of 1090533/27/14 at 5:57amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
^i do that everyday. SSDD...no biggie. You should check out Kamakura.
TBH I park in front of my office and it takes less than 3 minutes to walk to the front door. Doesn't stop me from putting my coat on. Same thing when I leave at night. I put it on and check myself out in the mirror before exiting the building (I am also more susceptible to cold and like to keep toasty).
I have the OCBD Graham Marsh collab shirt for when I need to wear a suit and tie and love it so much.
I think another little annoying thing is whenever I do have to take off my coat/jacket it just throws off my whole silhouette and colour balance.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 40 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 13 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 18 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway