Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6226post #93376 of 1090533/20/14 at 3:32pmpost #93377 of 1090533/20/14 at 3:36pmpost #93378 of 1090533/20/14 at 3:50pmpost #93379 of 1090533/20/14 at 3:56pmpost #93380 of 1090533/20/14 at 3:56pmpost #93381 of 1090533/20/14 at 4:05pmpost #93382 of 1090533/20/14 at 4:17pmQuote:
Also:Quote:"It means everything to see people actually wearing the shoes on the street because I came from the street," Tisci told Style.com. "Since my childhood, I know what it's like when you love something and you can't reach it financially. That's why this is such a beautiful project."
A nice sentiment, but it's a pretty safe bet that these limited-release shoes will sell out instantly and hit eBay at crazy, unobtainable-to-most-people prices. He makes it sound like he's single-handedly democratized high fashion or something.post #93383 of 1090533/20/14 at 4:54pmpost #93384 of 1090533/20/14 at 7:05pmMy Poeme Bohemien pants came in and they're really nice and interesting (raw hem, lined to the leg opening in linen, textured) but there's slightly too much room in the crotch (no jokes pls). Any way to fix this?post #93385 of 1090533/20/14 at 7:10pmpost #93386 of 1090533/20/14 at 8:27pm
hey guys sorry to post about job searches here but i could use talking to someone right about now.
i have been on the job hunt. i recently met someone at a networking event who seemed really nice, the guy came off as really friendly and he offered to submit my resume at his company which does financial technology, the field i wanna work in.
he does the initial phone screening for the company so because of the conflict on interest, another guy from another office did the phone screen. i passed the phone screen, they brought me in for round 1 in-person interview which was a 1-hour logic test and a 1-hour skills/knowledge test, and then a 1-hour traditional interview with the NYC manager. then they brought me in a week later for a 2-hour interview with the 2 North America managers, who are also based in the NYC office. they then brought me in last tuesday for the final interview by video conference with the COO in london.
the guys in the NYC office where i'd work came across as really nice. even wished me luck in person before the videoconference at the final interview! i really thought i had the job and that the COO interview was just a formality.
today 48 hours later, i got an e-mail saying they wouldn't proceed further. i feel like shit. i would have really liked this job, i would have loved the people i would work with.
i'm now trying to figure out what went wrong.
is 48 hours enough time to do a background check, and to screen my resume to make sure it's legit? because the company i worked at before went under, and if they called for a reference, they would have gotten the HR of the new takeover company who don't know me. also I was laid off just before the company went bust, but i didn't mention at the interview i was laid off.
also, regardless of the outcome i feel like I owe the guy who submitted my resume a huge thank you. he was really nice and supportive whereas all other companies ive interviewed at have been assholes. what can i do to show my appreciation?post #93387 of 1090533/20/14 at 8:30pmpost #93388 of 1090533/20/14 at 8:35pm
i was told they were not looking at anyone else at the moment for the NYC office. i believe them. the guy who submitted my resume knows, he does the phone screening. i met him socially at an alumni networking event so he's become a friend, he won't lie about that to me.
also, is 48 hours enough for a background check or to check my resume for veracity? because i thought i would get the offer first and then have to consent for resume check, and that at that time i'd tell them about the layoff before the bankruptcy, where they can get a hold of my old manager if they wanted a reference, etc. obiviously my old manager is not there anymore, he is also laid off.post #93389 of 1090533/20/14 at 8:38pmpost #93390 of 1090533/20/14 at 8:42pm
@thewho13 thanks man. so it prolly means they didn't independently check my resume and find out my old company "dont know who i am when they phone them up"
which means i blew the final interview with the COO in london. shit. he was a british guy with a british accent and i had trouble understanding him. im amazed though he has veto power like that after i was approved by the NYC office manager (the hiring manager for this role), and the two North America managers!
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Spring Cleaning - Ties, Shirts, Outerwear 7 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Pant's too tapered? 9 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 11 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...