Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6196post #92926 of 1090533/12/14 at 10:59pmSome things that have made my fp coffee taste better is pouring 30-60 seconds off the boil, I don't really time it because I'm not a dork. Also since the coffee is rich I use about 2 level teaspoons, this combined with the cooler water and no more than 4 minute saturating time makes for a smoother cup though I haven't experimented more than a few times. One of the tips I discovered was to stir the bloom after a minute then fill the rest of press up with water as usual. I do enjoy the oiliness but I could do with a bit less of the acidity. It definitely does have more body though, I may get some hario stuff to do pourover later. Found a fly ass kettle awhile back.post #92927 of 1090533/12/14 at 11:07pmpost #92928 of 1090533/12/14 at 11:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by jet
Some things that have made my fp coffee taste better is pouring 30-60 seconds off the boil, I don't really time it because I'm not a dork. Also since the coffee is rich I use about 2 level teaspoons, this combined with the cooler water and no more than 4 minute saturating time makes for a smoother cup though I haven't experimented more than a few times. One of the tips I discovered was to stir the bloom after a minute then fill the rest of press up with water as usual. I do enjoy the oiliness but I could do with a bit less of the acidity. It definitely does have more body though, I may get some hario stuff to do pourover later. Found a fly ass kettle awhile back.
all of this is good advice, but i would recommend folding, not stirring. the extra agitation will make it slightly more acidic.post #92929 of 1090533/13/14 at 1:24ampost #92930 of 1090533/13/14 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
hand pour 4 life.
Bummer, but duly noted, thanks.
Also, hand pour 4 life.
Capresso Infiniti burr grinder is a decent entry-level jobby that gets a pretty even grind and doesn't heat up the beans too much. Mine's still going strong a good 6 years later, and I'm sure I paid less than a bill for it.
Unrelated - how is it that Cut Copy is playing Buffalo, NY but not Philadelphia?
If the new Verboten club is Brooklyn is as cool as the hype (its opens tomorrow), then you should think about coming down for it.post #92931 of 1090533/13/14 at 7:05ampost #92932 of 1090533/13/14 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by mike868y
yeah i've been super happy with my capresso for the price. lots of grind retention, but a tap on the back after grinding gets most of it out. upgrading my setup from capresso/fp+bialetti to a gaggia classic/Baratza Virtuoso with my tax return . At this point, opening up a small coffee shop is my life dream.
Paging angry @shoreman1782post #92933 of 1090533/13/14 at 7:20amQuote:
Well we drink more than 1 of those simple espressos. Most people drink 3 or 4 a day.
That said, I found it funny when I first arrived in the US to see people walking around with their venti coffee asking me how I can drink espresso ("it's too much caffeine for me! An espresso and I'm hyper for hours! ). At the same time siping their venti drip coffee from Starbucks that contains probably 3 times MORE caffeine than my espressopost #92934 of 1090533/13/14 at 7:30ampost #92935 of 1090533/13/14 at 7:43ampost #92936 of 1090533/13/14 at 7:48ampost #92937 of 1090533/13/14 at 8:15ampost #92938 of 1090533/13/14 at 8:17ampost #92939 of 1090533/13/14 at 8:20ampost #92940 of 1090533/13/14 at 8:24am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 8 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...