Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:09 am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6192post #92866 of 1090543/11/14 at 11:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92867 of 1090543/12/14 at 12:08amReedo I mostly wear mine with non-selvedge black jeans (ie uniqlo t-000), plan on wearing with black shorts once I find a pair I like
In stitches jawnz fit incomingpost #92868 of 1090543/12/14 at 12:19am
In what way? I don't feel it's hard to use but one fucked up thing is it's programmed to grab all your contacts and send them invites so all those assholes you may have worked with, or gone to school with in the past end up getting invites and then they accept them and I'm thinking.. "oh jeez, um sorry... you're a douche, I didn't invite you.. LinkedIn did!" LOL. There is a way to avoid this... unfortunately I didn't figure it out until all the douches had been invited.post #92869 of 1090543/12/14 at 12:38ampost #92870 of 1090543/12/14 at 1:44ampost #92871 of 1090543/12/14 at 1:46ampost #92872 of 1090543/12/14 at 3:10ampost #92873 of 1090543/12/14 at 5:15ampost #92874 of 1090543/12/14 at 6:48amwho knows how much it actually costs Ann D to produce that hat. but if the cost of the fabric and production on the hat were around 300 bucks it would make sense for it to be that expensive. hard to imagine given that I'm sure they were produced in not super low quantities. but it least you can imagine that the factory workers responsible for putting those things together are getting paid. ostensibly.
*edit woops assumed Lanvin, actually Ann D
Edited by toothsomesound - 3/12/14 at 11:50ampost #92875 of 1090543/12/14 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by toothsomesound
who knows how much it actually costs Lanvin to produce that hat. but if the cost of the fabric and production on the hat were around 300 bucks it would make sense for it to be that expensive. hard to imagine given that I'm sure they were produced in not super low quantities. but it least you can imagine that the factory workers responsible for putting those things together are getting paid. ostensibly.
Actually, woven straw hats can be really expensive to make.the real panama hats can cost North of $1200 and have really intricate weave patterns from really expensive straw. Don't ask me the details.
That said, I'm sure that this is not one of those hats.post #92876 of 1090543/12/14 at 10:31aminteresting, didn't know that. anyone know where the Ann D ones are actually made? I would imagine they don't work with cheap factories or cheap fabrics for this kind of thing. so TLDR : maybe yes those should cost 1300?
Edited by toothsomesound - 3/12/14 at 11:49ampost #92877 of 1090543/12/14 at 11:07amQuote:
Like many things on the very high end, hot making requires a very skilled artisans. Not to say that tthose artisans are always well paid.post #92878 of 1090543/12/14 at 11:26ampost #92879 of 1090543/12/14 at 11:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
In what way? I don't feel it's hard to use but one fucked up thing is it's programmed to grab all your contacts and send them invites so all those assholes you may have worked with, or gone to school with in the past end up getting invites and then they accept them and I'm thinking.. "oh jeez, um sorry... you're a douche, I didn't invite you.. LinkedIn did!" LOL. There is a way to avoid this... unfortunately I didn't figure it out until all the douches had been invited.
This is an awful "feature" of LinkedIn. They do not make it clear that if you "agree" to their request they will mail bomb all your contacts -- old girlfriends, people you sued or sued you, former bosses who are complete asshats, people who you now wish were dead, abusive former partners.
I hope the FTC hits them hard over it one of these days. Of course by the time that happens the damage is done, and LinkedIn just pays the ticket and gets to reap the rewards of their past deceptive practices.post #92880 of 1090543/12/14 at 1:07pmQuote:
Realtalk: What makes Beyblades different from Spinjas?
Also, does anyone know whether Cote & Ciel laptop briefcases are TSA compliant? I have only a hazy understanding of what TSA compliance entails, but I'm sick of having to take my laptop out of my bag like a sucker every time I go through airport security, consarnitall.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1760 Active Users (397 Members and 1363 Guests)
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Killer Streetwear Looks - May 21, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › Could use some help for new job clothes. 5 minutes ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan