At last, someone who understands me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6158post #92356 of 1090543/4/14 at 8:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92357 of 1090543/4/14 at 8:21ampost #92358 of 1090543/4/14 at 8:24ampost #92359 of 1090543/4/14 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
The problem is that your tip is always split between a variety of people. It's always split between the cooks, the finishing person, and the waiter, and sometimes it's split across the waitstaff. So if you liked the food and hate the service, you're screwing over the chef (who you liked) to get back at the waiter. Unless the experience is truly horrid (I got ignored by a bartender for 45 minutes straight while he talked to his coworkers), just tip 20%.
I live in one of those before mentioned countries where tipping isn't customary, as the tip/service is part of the price of the meal, I believe waiters make $20 an hour, plus what ever you give them, if you are really satisfied.
I don't see it as getting back at him, but you reap what you sow and bad tips are a result of such, if I worked somewhere where I was depended on tips and someone fucked up my money, I would let him or the boss, know as it could be costing the boss money as well.post #92360 of 1090543/4/14 at 8:34amQuote:
Spoken like a true government hack bureaucrat.Quote:
Just glad to know you're still with us.post #92361 of 1090543/4/14 at 8:56ampost #92362 of 1090543/4/14 at 9:20amQuote:
Nahhhh... it's their choice to work in a restaurant. And I'm not going to a restaurant to have someone be rude or terse with me. If you're having a bad day in the service industry then either go home or have a smoke break or do whatever you need to do to get your shit together before facing customers again. They're going to a restaurant to relax and eat and have a nice time, and I don't want that disturbed by a waiter having a moment. If their attitude sucks then my tip will be more like 10%, rather than 20% (I have only not tipped once, a long time ago).post #92363 of 1090543/4/14 at 9:32ampost #92364 of 1090543/4/14 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by G0079
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Anyone else picking up on the nazi/white power vibe with sasquatchfabrix?
actually, it's not even subtle...lol
why doesn't someone email or complain about this? thats really obscene especially the brandpost #92365 of 1090543/4/14 at 10:02ampost #92366 of 1090543/4/14 at 10:03ampost #92367 of 1090543/4/14 at 10:08ampost #92368 of 1090543/4/14 at 10:56ampost #92369 of 1090543/4/14 at 11:14ampost #92370 of 1090543/4/14 at 11:19amAt the end it's still an image thing and one could make the assumption that the owner / designer of the brand wants to look like a nazi or is one, other wise it seems daft to use a nazi eagle etc. in your logo/design.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1000 Active Users (177 Members and 823 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Creases on a doble-breasted suit 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 25 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 26 minutes ago
- › What is my face shape ? 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?