or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6148  

post #92206 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

unless there's an attorney's fees provision teacha.gif

true, yet I would assume mostly only attorneys would know that which he is clearly not... is he going to sue for breach and demand specific performance over a mistakenly advertised pair of jeans? If he had posted it before accepting the 20% we may have been able to better help him.
post #92207 of 109053
After doing some research, it appears that businesses are not obligated to honor the online price if it's caught before packaging/shipping, and it's really up to them if they want to keep their customers happy. You might have some other knowledge if you're a lawyer (I think stanley is), but even some legal docs I read said the same thing. Not that I'm pursuing anything like that - was just curious if it's really a legal obligation on their part.
post #92208 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemins View Post

After doing some research, it appears that businesses are not obligated to honor the online price if it's caught before packaging/shipping, and it's really up to them if they want to keep their customers happy. You might have some other knowledge if you're a lawyer (I think stanley is), but even some legal docs I read said the same thing. Not that I'm pursuing anything like that - was just curious if it's really a legal obligation on their part.

An online sale constitutes an offer on the part of the buyer. The seller does not have to accept. The legal obligation is only on the part of the buyer. Of course, sites like EBay are different, since all users are bound by their contract with EBay.
post #92209 of 109053
^ yes... but acceptance can occur on receipt of payment ... might depend on terms, state law, etc... whatever this isn't contract law class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemins View Post

After doing some research, it appears that businesses are not obligated to honor the online price if it's caught before packaging/shipping, and it's really up to them if they want to keep their customers happy. You might have some other knowledge if you're a lawyer (I think stanley is), but even some legal docs I read said the same thing. Not that I'm pursuing anything like that - was just curious if it's really a legal obligation on their part.

this is where you missed out. had you construed your desire in the above context they certainly would have decided it was easier to just keep you happy. since they gave you the 20% and you said OK, they thought that was enough and you thereby lost your opportunity to get the discount they first offered. anyway...
post #92210 of 109053
trying to wring a retailer over an honest mistake is kinda shitty. we're not talking about walmart or something.
post #92211 of 109053
I've been buying a shitload of cigars lately and smoking them. I don't really see any clothes that do it for me these days (dare I say some mc stuff turns me on though).
post #92212 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

trying to wring a retailer over an honest mistake is kinda shitty. we're not talking about walmart or something.

 

It's a lousy deserving attitude. Like dudes who tries to get his meal comp'd because the waiter forgot a beverage. Mistakes are made; you aren't entitled to benefit from it.

post #92213 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistinyoface View Post

It's a lousy deserving attitude. Like dudes who tries to get his meal comp'd because the waiter forgot a beverage. Mistakes are made; you aren't entitled to benefit from it.

If you read my original post, I was simply gauging people's opinions on whether or not they would have made a big deal out of it, as I originally did not. Then someone mentioned the legalities behind it, so I looked into it. Not contacting them about it again since it's not worth the time/effort.

But your analogy is off - if a waiter gave me a bill that was 30% lower than what I owed, and I paid and was leaving when they said "wait, wait, we gave you the wrong bill!", I'd be pissed (moreso than I am over this). There's a different between trying to capitalize on a mistake and being a benefactor (unknowingly) of an error.
post #92214 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

now that Pharrell has worn a Smokey the Bear hat, all bets are off.
he just did it again foo.gif
post #92215 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistinyoface View Post

It's a lousy deserving attitude. Like dudes who tries to get his meal comp'd because the waiter forgot a beverage. Mistakes are made; you aren't entitled to benefit from it.

this isn't remotely analogous to what happened... no "wringing" or "comping" involved.
post #92216 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

who makes the boots? nice.
Hi!
They are from Danner. I bought them in a TK Maxx store and tried to find them online and I only found them in Japanese online stores for some reason. There they were called "plain boot d0020" or something like that.
post #92217 of 109053

A boutique webshop, without high inventory and volume, posting the wrong price and reneging after a sale makes me seriously question the store's competency.

post #92218 of 109053
dudes, let's stop this moral maneuvering about what you're owed and pseudo lawyering in the name of saving 50 bucks. they made a mistake, acknowledged it and offered a compromise. find better things to worry about

RFT: stumbled into a fit this morning and surprised how much I liked the color scheme. has me thinking more about geller stuff, sepia denim most notably
post #92219 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemins View Post


If you read my original post, I was simply gauging people's opinions on whether or not they would have made a big deal out of it, as I originally did not. Then someone mentioned the legalities behind it, so I looked into it. Not contacting them about it again since it's not worth the time/effort.

But your analogy is off - if a waiter gave me a bill that was 30% lower than what I owed, and I paid and was leaving when they said "wait, wait, we gave you the wrong bill!", I'd be pissed (moreso than I am over this). There's a different between trying to capitalize on a mistake and being a benefactor (unknowingly) of an error.

 

Analogy wars: You never received the item. The meal, in your example, you had already consumed.

 

It's entitled because you're getting pissy over a genuine mistake and expecting to be compensated for it. You even got offered a discount. If this is the sort of thing that gets you going then you should probably take a step away from the computer.

post #92220 of 109053
I went shopping with Ms. CWI today. Sale season at a bunch of random little boutiques in SF: bought 1 necklace, 2x cuffs, 5 knits, 1 dress, 1 skirt and 1 shirt for < $200. Meanwhile on Styleforum: foo.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts