or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6093

post #91381 of 99791
Anybody else remember that Valextra Avietta carry on someone sold on here for under 1K? Man, was that thing beautiful. This was like 5 years ago.

EDIT: Just found the original listing. Here it is:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/126504/valextra-avietta-48

In all seriousness Regis, get Valextra luggage especially if you can find a deal in b&s. It would look good on you and seems to fit with your one-and-done buying philosophy.

/enabling
Edited by 3 Prague Winters - 2/13/14 at 7:11am
post #91382 of 99791
I guess it's all relative but expensive luggage seems insane to me. Shit gets thrown around non-stop.
post #91383 of 99791

that want essentials luggage looks awesome.  strictly for ballers like yourself :P 

 

i did once think of getting leather luggage but it just seems so impractical (unless it's carry on luggage)

post #91384 of 99791
that fucking case is superb

regis goyard or go home

jk, i would probably go valextra
post #91385 of 99791
That feeling when you get the notice that your order from Japan got through customs and is waiting at the P.O.
post #91386 of 99791
Regis, have you considered Rimowa luggage? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

 I was put off by the fact some of their stuff is made in China, but apparently this is made in Italy with French leather


Just curious to all of you, do things like this actually impress you, and make you feel better about the stuff you just purchased? regardless of how skilled they may be (well constructed bags, and clothes aren't exactly rocket science...) if you knew it wasn't actually made, and processed by what your imagination of an Italian or French person looks like, but rather an immigrant of Asia or Africa would you still feel the same way? This seems to be the case here in the U.S, when it comes to food. Eg. Mexican cooks in an Italian restaurant.

 

post #91387 of 99791
it impresses me
post #91388 of 99791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

That feeling when you get the notice that your order from Japan got through customs and is waiting at the P.O.

My fromjapan order just shipped out so I'm still waiting for that feeling.
post #91389 of 99791

I try not to buy from China because of their environmental and social policies.

post #91390 of 99791
When you buy "Made in Italy" 95% of the time you're buying Made in China anyway
post #91391 of 99791

How's that? Do they just sew the tags on in Italy and call it made in Italy?

post #91392 of 99791
Thanks for the help fellas. Feel like its Valextra that has my eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileForum View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

 I was put off by the fact some of their stuff is made in China, but apparently this is made in Italy with French leather


Just curious to all of you, do things like this actually impress you, and make you feel better about the stuff you just purchased? regardless of how skilled they may be (well constructed bags, and clothes aren't exactly rocket science...) if you knew it wasn't actually made, and processed by what your imagination of an Italian or French person looks like, but rather an immigrant of Asia or Africa would you still feel the same way? This seems to be the case here in the U.S, when it comes to food. Eg. Mexican cooks in an Italian restaurant.

I realize it means nothing since one way or another it will pass through the hands of immigrant workers, but for the $$$ being paid I like to see made in Belgium/France/Italy. I do this with Margiela pieces made in Romania they are the same thing as Italin made, but again I like to see that made in Italy at least. I think it is part of the buying experience for me and I guess yeah it still impresses me. I realize this is somewhat backwards, but eh
post #91393 of 99791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorje View Post

How's that? Do they just sew the tags on in Italy and call it made in Italy?

Yes, or they'll "finish" the garment in Italy - have everything done in China but a few stitches. And conditions at many factories in Italy aren't much better than those in China.
post #91394 of 99791
And it's likely "finished" in Italy by Chinese workers as well.
post #91395 of 99791
i could care less what ethnicity the people who make my clothes are
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts