or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 6082  

post #91216 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

^ cool... what shoes?

let's just say i was "wearing in good health"
post #91217 of 109053
Did he address you as Nephew?
post #91218 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

What are you talking about? I don't even know why we are comparing scores to each other? And even if you did it would be by a trivial point or two since I scored 2 pts away from a perfect score in quant and verbal.

 

Doing a PhD because you want a top 10 residency is stupid.  I've been there. Did research because I wanted a top radonc residency.  Fucking hated research, fucking hated my life.  If you love research that's another story.  But consider that you're losing 2-3+ million of possible future earnings.  

post #91219 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post



FWIW, I def beat your relative scores. Are we comparing nerd duck now?

 

Now you show me yours

post #91220 of 109053
what's he got in his wing!
post #91221 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin View Post

 

Doing a PhD because you want a top 10 residency is stupid.  I've been there. Did research because I wanted a top radonc residency.  Fucking hated research, fucking hated my life.  If you love research that's another story.  But consider that you're losing 2-3+ million of possible future earnings.  

 

I used to think that getting a PhD (and I have one from Caltech) was a stupid decision unless really love research and really hate money.  I got my doctorate in 2003.  I've changed my mind since then.  The critical thinking skills that you have to learn to get through the process can be applied to any number of endeavors.  I've had to reach out to old friends recently, for much needed personal favors and introductions, and I've found that many of them are now doing really well at top tier university affiliated hospitals (like MGH).  One of these guys applied his incredible analytical skills to clinical work and research alike.  From all accounts, he is House-like in his diagnostic abilities.  One of the biggest payoffs of having a PhD is the ability to digest and evaluate medical research precisely and accurately, something at which many "pure" clinicians are not all that great.

post #91222 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

What are you talking about? I don't even know why we are comparing scores to each other? And even if you did it would be by a trivial point or two since I scored 2 pts away from a perfect score in quant and verbal.

Perfect is perfect.  2 pts less than perfect is not perfect.  Just sayin'.

 

Mainly, I'm just razzing you for your humble brag.  If you are proud of something, just come out and say it.  "I got nearly perfect, and am really jazzed.  I wanted all you assholes to recognize."

post #91223 of 109053

Incidentally, standardized testing is an inaccurate measure of ability, at best.  I''m not a dumb guy, but I'm certainly not a wizard at anything.  My wife has much better memory and analytical bilities than me.  My business partner has much better ideas and can draw out the weaknesses and strengths of an idea much better as well.  I just happen to have excellent test taking abilities, which mostly means that I have good time management skills and am really good at "reading" tests.

post #91224 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
 

 

Now you show me yours

It's about yay bigger than yours.

post #91225 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

Incidentally, standardized testing is an inaccurate measure of ability, at best.  I''m not a dumb guy, but I'm certainly not a wizard at anything.  My wife has much better memory and analytical bilities than me.  My business partner has much better ideas and can draw out the weaknesses and strengths of an idea much better as well.  I just happen to have excellent test taking abilities, which mostly means that I have good time management skills and am really good at "reading" tests.

 


Genuises always sell themselves short.

 

 

 

post #91226 of 109053
blah

yeah tests are stupid. Does anyone know if USMLE Step 1 actually correlates to any real performance measures?
post #91227 of 109053
Fuck an LSAT
post #91228 of 109053

the best video

post #91229 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyBirch View Post

what's he got in his wing!

A flaptop
post #91230 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy 
One of these guys applied his incredible analytical skills to clinical work and research alike.  From all accounts, he is House-like in his diagnostic abilities.

"Guys, it's like this. This thing is either bacterial or auto-immune, and if we choose wrong, he dies, but we're out of time, so please flip a coin. Also, one of you has to rob his apartment."
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts