Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6079post #91171 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:26pmpost #91172 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:27pm
even though I'm not one to espouse comfort over style, the stuff of mine that gets worn the most is what feels the best. I've had jackets or pants nipped and tucked so they technically "fit perfectly" and look great standing in front of the mirror, but I'll inevitably grab the other one that just feels right -- even if it looks sub-perfect (which is probably better anyway).post #91173 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
he is a skilled tailor, the best in the city probably, but the fact that he did it without consulting whether thats what i wanted, when it was completely unnecessary, is what annoys me.
the coat fits completely awkwardly across the chest, and through the shoulders. the armholes are much lower, which creates an ugly shoulder bulge when i move my arms now.
at least i got a killer deal on the coat =[
I assume this alteration cost a lot more than a normal cuff reduction? Did he not tell you the price beforehand?
After reading the horror stories here from tailors and cobblers I overstate all my alterations now specifically saying - do not do anything else to garment or shoes.post #91174 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:35pmpost #91175 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:36pmpost #91176 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:38pmpost #91177 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:39pmpost #91178 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:40pmpost #91179 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:41pm
i'm going in tomorrow to ask for a refund for the alterations, and i'll explain exactly why what he did isn't okay.Quote:
i didn't think there was any need to, since hes definitely the most experienced tailor in the city, but clearly there was. they also charged me almost $40 to take a couple inches off the sleeves, so i feel like they went this route so they could charge the most they could.post #91180 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:53pmpost #91181 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:53pmpost #91182 of 1090532/7/14 at 6:56pm
i don't think it will be, if he made the armholes higher it would be too tight I think.
who knows, though. i'm still going to wear it, but the reason i got it was to wear over suits, which as a result of the alterations, it is barely big enough to do so.
who cares though, they're just clothes. i have some good shit in the mail, and more than enough jackets as is.
somebody buy my shit!!!post #91183 of 1090532/7/14 at 7:25pmpost #91184 of 1090532/7/14 at 7:26pmpost #91185 of 1090532/7/14 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
i'm going in tomorrow to ask for a refund for the alterations, and i'll explain exactly why what he did isn't okay.
i didn't think there was any need to, since hes definitely the most experienced tailor in the city, but clearly there was. they also charged me almost $40 to take a couple inches off the sleeves, so i feel like they went this route so they could charge the most they could.
he may be the most experienced tailor in the city, but he is a dick of a business owner.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang MTM Navy Suit (VBC Wool) - Fits Slim 36 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 36 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...