Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6031post #90451 of 1090541/24/14 at 5:44pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #90452 of 1090541/24/14 at 6:30pmpost #90453 of 1090541/24/14 at 6:38pmQuote:
Be wary of Eastern Europeans. High probability that she wants you just for your kidneys.
FTFYpost #90454 of 1090541/24/14 at 8:34pmpost #90455 of 1090541/24/14 at 9:43pmpost #90456 of 1090541/24/14 at 9:47pmanyone have recs for an inexpensive, smallish, casual shoulder/messenger back that will be comfortable to carry around for the better part of a day? going to be bumming around various parts of the world traveling between graduation and starting work in the fall, just looking for a decent option for carrying around a camera/water bottle/whatever for the day that's not a backpackpost #90457 of 1090541/24/14 at 9:51pmpost #90458 of 1090541/24/14 at 10:02pm
If you can find one, a German army backpack is perfect. Green cotton, drawstring top with a big rubberized top flap. Padded shoulder straps, and an inside pocket against your back that you can stick a foam pad into. 2 big side pockets good for a water bottle, magazine, rain jacket, etc. And the top flap has 2 d-rings; I have a pouch clipped on there for small items. Maybe kind of big for the summer, but it's light enough, it's not super sweaty, and it's the last bag that anyone is going to steal.post #90459 of 1090541/24/14 at 10:51pmpost #90460 of 1090541/24/14 at 11:10pmpost #90461 of 1090541/25/14 at 1:56amSomeone should get this Nanamica Cruiser Jacket, it is a bargain. The US site is half price when compared to the UK one. Pricing error?
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/nanamica/nanamica-gore-tex-cruiser-jacket-179943.htmlpost #90462 of 1090541/25/14 at 5:06ampost #90463 of 1090541/25/14 at 9:15ampost #90464 of 1090541/25/14 at 11:10amSo I just took a dive into some late 2010-era WAYWT—before I ever started posting—and, uh, I got a little bit lost going through all of it. Holy shit. Let me tell you about my findings:
I came across five straight pages of Brad saying nothing but the word "blaaaaaaaaand"; I learned that NOBD has literally has not changed in three and a half years; tween spirit used to post ; asobu used to post ; snowman fits looked like asssssss; maybe it's just camera perspective, but Synth was once like a twiggy little thing; no one handed out thumbs (maybe they didn't exist?); before mikey ever even posted his first solid fit he actually treated sf to a photo of himself dressed in tights as a Christmas elf (why mikey); raw fucking denim EVERYWHERE; nicelynice... has been a consistently amazing poster, which is unsurprising; Kelvin's hair was once waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay taller and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more ridiculous (although waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more awesome) than when my hair was tall and ridiculous; Eason simply never improved; I spotted shah wearing slim jeans, CdG Play chucks, and a ocbd and it was a visual trip; goddammit mikey posted some godawful shit fits for a while; too many awful suit fits; too few fits on each page; why haven't I seen a single Uncontrol fit after feverishly scrolling through ~20 pages wtf Brad; the only Margiela that seems to exist (outside of the occasional AR_Six fits) are GATs, and every fit with them sucks so hard; I think I came across a fit of Synth wearing a pair of jeans that are, uh, currently hanging up in my closet; there are week-long, resolution-less debates concerning what haircut Hendrix would look best with; practically everyone took photos with their shitty flip-phones indoors with zero natural light and ya can't see shit (Star Trek meme "can't see shit captain" came up multiple times); the precursor to spacepope; sq4you seriously needs to start posting fits again, if only for fun stuff like this; every knit was either the same boring W+H zip hoodie or some $10 cardi from H&M and people just looked like bad SVB clones; AFL was, unsurprisingly, always a suuuuuuper fabulous cutie; I'm glad slack tide doesn't post anymore; damn brad you were such a diiiiiiiiiiiick to mikey when he started out; omg a brad fit (finally, it's the first in like 100 pages at this point); and it is followed immediately by an adorable AFL fit (natch); Fuuma posted more frequently, which must've been nice; shoreman shoreman shoreman; this place reads like bad reddit mfa; Drew Keith had time to even comment in other threads beyond the ToJ thread; suspicions confirmed: apparently there was no thumbs system at one point, which just strikes me as alien and scary and weird; there's a 15-year old wearing a Rick leather, Rick dunks, and a fucking polo shirt; I'm so glad snowman got rid of those awful fucking glasses; and finally, DLester: "look at the last few pages and try to tell me with a straight face that we should still be called Style Forum.'
Christ, what a trip.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 49 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NWT ISAIA 100% Navy soft construction sport coat 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lightly Worn ISAIA dark green & navy quilted coat 40US/50EU [M] 2 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA Shirts Sizes 15.75/40, 16/41, 16.5/42 - More Added 1/24 2 minutes ago
- › NWT Luxury Sweaters - Cucinelli & ISAIA Cashmere + Loro Piana... 4 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...