Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6021post #90301 of 1090531/21/14 at 6:49pmpost #90302 of 1090531/21/14 at 7:06pmpost #90303 of 1090531/21/14 at 7:06pmpost #90304 of 1090531/21/14 at 7:38pmDo you guys ever feel your emotional state factor heavily into how you dress?
Recently I have been feeling very aggressive and want to be wearing things with some edge and belligerence to them. Like leather jacket + tattered tank, jeans and like one of taralis' more aggressive in your face bootspost #90305 of 1090531/21/14 at 7:41pmQuote:
huge cigar event there every year, i'd like to check it out next year tons of booze, cigars and food for daysQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Porter collabs are sorta like Alden collabs. You will probably not find the same configuration, but you can find a lot of similar things. This looks a lot like a mix between a Tausen model: http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/100263.html?p=s&p_keyword=shoulder&p_lisize=100&p_lisort= and one of the "luggage" models.
ya monocle one been sold out and way cheaper than that which appears much larger, just want it as an on-person in addition to carry onpost #90306 of 1090531/21/14 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
Do you guys ever feel your emotional state factor heavily into how you dress?
Recently I have been feeling very aggressive and want to be wearing things with some edge and belligerence to them. Like leather jacket + tattered tank, jeans and like one of taralis' more aggressive in your face boots
Ease up on the protein shakes bro.post #90307 of 1090531/21/14 at 7:58pmAs someone who lives in Brisbane, it's a nice place to visit but awful to live in, we are a big mining / resource / agriculture / tourism state. Cray expensive public transport, but super nice super cheap holidays.
It's stupid hot though, our UV index is off the chain.
Melbourne is way nicer, good choice man. I'm moving to Melbourne this year.post #90308 of 1090531/21/14 at 8:01pmpost #90309 of 1090531/21/14 at 8:10pmpost #90310 of 1090531/21/14 at 9:17pm
haha i have been drinking a lot of protein shakes just out of convenience.
@superego, any particular examples you can think of? I just always dressed with visual interest and comfort in mind, with some vague appeal of an idea but never really a full on embrace of an emotion.post #90311 of 1090531/21/14 at 9:26pmQuote:
Try the "Keeper" then, which is more similar, anyway: http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/102729.html?p=s&p_keyword=shoulder&p_lisize=100&p_lisort=
Personally, though, I prefer Master-Piece bags to Porter. For my needs, at least, they are more functional, but Porter's do have a distinctive look.post #90312 of 1090531/21/14 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
haha i have been drinking a lot of protein shakes just out of convenience.
@superego, any particular examples you can think of? I just always dressed with visual interest and comfort in mind, with some vague appeal of an idea but never really a full on embrace of an emotion.
I think it goes along a couple lines.
along a continuum, I tend to opt for more color and texture and visual interest when I'm feeling more engaged and emotionally and physically potent. less of each when I'm feeling less so.
I tend to wear more grey and navy/blue when I'm feeling muted or depressed--happens more during the winter here in seattle
tend to go for more interesting pieces and fits when I'm feeling more engaged or vital
and like you, more aggressive fits when I'm feeling emotionally and physically potent
the SS double alpaca and my socks are kind of tells for me--such an interesting and nice piece, tend to wear it when I'm feeling engaged...and if I'm wearing crazy socks as part of a work fit, same story
I'd be surprised if a lot of people didn't do this naturally, just without giving it much thought
Edited by superego - 1/21/14 at 10:03pmpost #90313 of 1090531/21/14 at 9:44pmpost #90314 of 1090531/21/14 at 9:52pmpost #90315 of 1090531/21/14 at 9:56pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 2 minutes ago
- › One of the worst questions in SF: Is my jacket too long/short? 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 14 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 40 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 41 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding