No need to be sorry man, I was mostly kidding
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6021post #90301 of 1090541/21/14 at 6:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #90302 of 1090541/21/14 at 6:49pmpost #90303 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:06pmpost #90304 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:06pmpost #90305 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:38pmDo you guys ever feel your emotional state factor heavily into how you dress?
Recently I have been feeling very aggressive and want to be wearing things with some edge and belligerence to them. Like leather jacket + tattered tank, jeans and like one of taralis' more aggressive in your face bootspost #90306 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:41pmQuote:
huge cigar event there every year, i'd like to check it out next year tons of booze, cigars and food for daysQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Porter collabs are sorta like Alden collabs. You will probably not find the same configuration, but you can find a lot of similar things. This looks a lot like a mix between a Tausen model: http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/100263.html?p=s&p_keyword=shoulder&p_lisize=100&p_lisort= and one of the "luggage" models.
ya monocle one been sold out and way cheaper than that which appears much larger, just want it as an on-person in addition to carry onpost #90307 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
Do you guys ever feel your emotional state factor heavily into how you dress?
Recently I have been feeling very aggressive and want to be wearing things with some edge and belligerence to them. Like leather jacket + tattered tank, jeans and like one of taralis' more aggressive in your face boots
Ease up on the protein shakes bro.post #90308 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:58pmAs someone who lives in Brisbane, it's a nice place to visit but awful to live in, we are a big mining / resource / agriculture / tourism state. Cray expensive public transport, but super nice super cheap holidays.
It's stupid hot though, our UV index is off the chain.
Melbourne is way nicer, good choice man. I'm moving to Melbourne this year.post #90309 of 1090541/21/14 at 8:01pmpost #90310 of 1090541/21/14 at 8:10pmpost #90311 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:17pm
haha i have been drinking a lot of protein shakes just out of convenience.
@superego, any particular examples you can think of? I just always dressed with visual interest and comfort in mind, with some vague appeal of an idea but never really a full on embrace of an emotion.post #90312 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:26pmQuote:
Try the "Keeper" then, which is more similar, anyway: http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/102729.html?p=s&p_keyword=shoulder&p_lisize=100&p_lisort=
Personally, though, I prefer Master-Piece bags to Porter. For my needs, at least, they are more functional, but Porter's do have a distinctive look.post #90313 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
haha i have been drinking a lot of protein shakes just out of convenience.
@superego, any particular examples you can think of? I just always dressed with visual interest and comfort in mind, with some vague appeal of an idea but never really a full on embrace of an emotion.
I think it goes along a couple lines.
along a continuum, I tend to opt for more color and texture and visual interest when I'm feeling more engaged and emotionally and physically potent. less of each when I'm feeling less so.
I tend to wear more grey and navy/blue when I'm feeling muted or depressed--happens more during the winter here in seattle
tend to go for more interesting pieces and fits when I'm feeling more engaged or vital
and like you, more aggressive fits when I'm feeling emotionally and physically potent
the SS double alpaca and my socks are kind of tells for me--such an interesting and nice piece, tend to wear it when I'm feeling engaged...and if I'm wearing crazy socks as part of a work fit, same story
I'd be surprised if a lot of people didn't do this naturally, just without giving it much thought
Edited by superego - 1/21/14 at 10:03pmpost #90314 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:44pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 57 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 58 seconds ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Barin 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Oman 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Iraq 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Dubai 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Canada 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Jalandhar 3 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Chandigarh 3 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In bahrain 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan