No need to be sorry man, I was mostly kidding
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6021post #90301 of 1090541/21/14 at 6:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #90302 of 1090541/21/14 at 6:49pmpost #90303 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:06pmpost #90304 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:06pmpost #90305 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:38pmDo you guys ever feel your emotional state factor heavily into how you dress?
Recently I have been feeling very aggressive and want to be wearing things with some edge and belligerence to them. Like leather jacket + tattered tank, jeans and like one of taralis' more aggressive in your face bootspost #90306 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:41pmQuote:
huge cigar event there every year, i'd like to check it out next year tons of booze, cigars and food for daysQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Porter collabs are sorta like Alden collabs. You will probably not find the same configuration, but you can find a lot of similar things. This looks a lot like a mix between a Tausen model: http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/100263.html?p=s&p_keyword=shoulder&p_lisize=100&p_lisort= and one of the "luggage" models.
ya monocle one been sold out and way cheaper than that which appears much larger, just want it as an on-person in addition to carry onpost #90307 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
Do you guys ever feel your emotional state factor heavily into how you dress?
Recently I have been feeling very aggressive and want to be wearing things with some edge and belligerence to them. Like leather jacket + tattered tank, jeans and like one of taralis' more aggressive in your face boots
Ease up on the protein shakes bro.post #90308 of 1090541/21/14 at 7:58pmAs someone who lives in Brisbane, it's a nice place to visit but awful to live in, we are a big mining / resource / agriculture / tourism state. Cray expensive public transport, but super nice super cheap holidays.
It's stupid hot though, our UV index is off the chain.
Melbourne is way nicer, good choice man. I'm moving to Melbourne this year.post #90309 of 1090541/21/14 at 8:01pmpost #90310 of 1090541/21/14 at 8:10pmpost #90311 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:17pm
haha i have been drinking a lot of protein shakes just out of convenience.
@superego, any particular examples you can think of? I just always dressed with visual interest and comfort in mind, with some vague appeal of an idea but never really a full on embrace of an emotion.post #90312 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:26pmQuote:
Try the "Keeper" then, which is more similar, anyway: http://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/102729.html?p=s&p_keyword=shoulder&p_lisize=100&p_lisort=
Personally, though, I prefer Master-Piece bags to Porter. For my needs, at least, they are more functional, but Porter's do have a distinctive look.post #90313 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
haha i have been drinking a lot of protein shakes just out of convenience.
@superego, any particular examples you can think of? I just always dressed with visual interest and comfort in mind, with some vague appeal of an idea but never really a full on embrace of an emotion.
I think it goes along a couple lines.
along a continuum, I tend to opt for more color and texture and visual interest when I'm feeling more engaged and emotionally and physically potent. less of each when I'm feeling less so.
I tend to wear more grey and navy/blue when I'm feeling muted or depressed--happens more during the winter here in seattle
tend to go for more interesting pieces and fits when I'm feeling more engaged or vital
and like you, more aggressive fits when I'm feeling emotionally and physically potent
the SS double alpaca and my socks are kind of tells for me--such an interesting and nice piece, tend to wear it when I'm feeling engaged...and if I'm wearing crazy socks as part of a work fit, same story
I'd be surprised if a lot of people didn't do this naturally, just without giving it much thought
Edited by superego - 1/21/14 at 10:03pmpost #90314 of 1090541/21/14 at 9:44pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 1 second ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › Styleforum in Paris: Streetstyle Pics 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 23 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 26 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...