Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6011post #90151 of 1090541/18/14 at 10:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #90152 of 1090541/18/14 at 10:45pmpost #90153 of 1090541/18/14 at 10:51pmpost #90154 of 1090541/18/14 at 11:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Benesyed
We have our med school formal coming up. I want to dress like a coke dealer a la regis
I've got a black wool suit from v-ave shoe repair, need to find the right t shirt or sweater. Preferably slutty. I refuse to wear a button down till interview time
If anyone has any ideas help me out!
wide lapels and a deep v, tee or lightweight sweater, and you're good to go, no? think a tux jacket with contrasting lapels could actually be awesome if done right for thisQuote:
@ t-rex and this^^...equally good in person. totally knowledgeable and accommodatingpost #90155 of 1090541/19/14 at 3:46amQuote:
Yeah, I've been a big fan of banded collar shirts recently. Picked up a work shirt from RRL back in August which has basically been my go to shirt the last few months. RRL actually have quite a few really nice ones this season too, although not necessarily sure if they are the look you guys are looking for.
They had a grey one similar in style to the white one too but I can't find a picture of it just now. This white one from Masnada is really nice too.
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more talk here of the Masnada for men collection that was launched last summer. Bit different to the stuff I normally go for but the pieces I seen looked really nice. There's one really gorgeous overcoat and the suiting all looked really cool too. The only place I ever really seen it was my local shop Corniche but having said that I didn't really go looking for it.
http://corniche.org.uk/Masnada-Men/post #90156 of 1090541/19/14 at 4:34amI've seen a little of the masnada mens up close and it's nice. Some of the fabrics were really good. Seemed one of the "artisanal" brands like l&f or something just in earth tones rather than black. I tried on some tan-ish drop crotch pants (didn't like them on).post #90157 of 1090541/19/14 at 5:58ampost #90158 of 1090541/19/14 at 7:07ampost #90159 of 1090541/19/14 at 9:33am
Snowman, it's a cotton poplin and the indigo color is very rich in person. Would look good with extended rise or wider leg pants I think. The only issue I have with it is the collar will be detached on one side when the top button is undone. Since I rarely if ever button the top button I am going to just sew the 2 xtra buttons it comes with together and use that to fasten one side of the collar if I want to wear the shirt with collar... or just let it hang like in the pic. I think I will wear it mostly without collar though.post #90160 of 1090541/19/14 at 12:53pmpost #90161 of 1090541/19/14 at 4:25pmrft:
i have noticed that when i wear MC gear, unless i choose not to intentionally, i always wear at least one patterned item. but for SWD i tend to reach for and put together all solid fits.
im not sure if that is a function of not having developed enough skill to incorporate patterned items for my SWD fits, or an actual preference towards all solid fits when it comes to my SWD gear.post #90162 of 1090541/19/14 at 4:51pmpost #90163 of 1090541/19/14 at 5:07pmpost #90164 of 1090541/19/14 at 5:10pm
So just finished up the MAN show in Paris. Lots of stores where interested in buying. ran in @gdl203 . Now preparing for MAN NYC.
Oh for anyone living in Japan, Édifice will be carrying a few of our pocket squares around February.
God is good.post #90165 of 1090541/19/14 at 5:24pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 20 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...