or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5998

post #89956 of 99859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

Filson?

I'd always counted Filson out as a possibility because all of the buckles and straps look really obnoxious to deal with - I can't picture having to pack up my laptop and get off the train quickly when I have four things to buckle before I can pick it up - but the laptop briefcase looks like a possible contender. The strap looks incredibly uncomfortable, though. I'll have to look around for something wider and more padded to potentially swap it out for.

Does anyone know about how heavy they are? The Filson web site doesn't say.
post #89957 of 99859
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

I'd always counted Filson out as a possibility because all of the buckles and straps look really obnoxious to deal with - I can't picture having to pack up my laptop and get off the train quickly when I have four things to buckle before I can pick it up - but the laptop briefcase looks like a possible contender. The strap looks incredibly uncomfortable, though. I'll have to look around for something wider and more padded to potentially swap it out for.

Does anyone know about how heavy they are? The Filson web site doesn't say.

It's a lot heavier than a typical nylon or canvas bag. Strap is ok I used to carry 15 pounds when teaching with strap and didn't really have any issues. Not as comfy as a padded strap but not bad

And buckles and stuff technically you don't need to buckle any of them I never did and never zipped neither and nothing fell out
post #89958 of 99859
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

I'd always counted Filson out as a possibility because all of the buckles and straps look really obnoxious to deal with - I can't picture having to pack up my laptop and get off the train quickly when I have four things to buckle before I can pick it up - but the laptop briefcase looks like a possible contender. The strap looks incredibly uncomfortable, though. I'll have to look around for something wider and more padded to potentially swap it out for.

Does anyone know about how heavy they are? The Filson web site doesn't say.

Filsons are heavy and really uncomfortable imo.

Maybe something from Mismo or Porter? If you don't need to carry a ton of stuff get something really light and comfortable to wear. I used a Filson briefcase for a few years b/c I had to carry a full day's worth of stuff to work (laptop, stationary, lunch, etc) and my neck would kill during the commute and it would rumple up the shoulders of my jackets + shirts
post #89959 of 99859

Anybody know who can make a bespoke Atraskhan coat with real fur interior and lapels? 

post #89960 of 99859
Never been impressed with the quality feel of Mismo.

How about nanamica?
post #89961 of 99859
Thanks, good to know. I have some back/neck problems, so lighter is better for me. I'll take a look at Mismo and Porter, maybe shelve the Filson idea for the time being.
post #89962 of 99859
i love my filson. one of my fave purchases of all of 2013.
post #89963 of 99859
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i love my filson. one of my fave purchases of all of 2013.

That's saying something, you have so much to choose from!

It's true that the Filsons are heavy though. An empty 257 will weigh as much as a nylon bag semipacked.
post #89964 of 99859
well, i use it daily and i love it in every way. so its a strong contender.
post #89965 of 99859
Like I said Nanamica looks nice

post #89966 of 99859
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Thanks, good to know. I have some back/neck problems, so lighter is better for me. I'll take a look at Mismo and Porter, maybe shelve the Filson idea for the time being.

I really, really liked La Portegna. Just sayin'.
post #89967 of 99859
i saw a few from NMWA. so beautiful. drool.gif
post #89968 of 99859
So useless without pictures or links.
post #89969 of 99859


post #89970 of 99859
that the one! i tried really hard to get a buddy of mine who is finishing up law school to buy one. im still working on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts