Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5994  

post #89896 of 109053

I just wish there was a search function

post #89897 of 109053
I like how prominent the pictures, sizing, and prices are
post #89898 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malistril View Post
 

I just wish there was a search function

 

What could you possibly need to search for that the filters dont offer?

post #89899 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

 

What could you possibly need to search for that the filters dont offer?


It would allow for more specificity on item style - say I just wanted to search for bomber jackets. There's no filter for that.

post #89900 of 109053
Anyone know the best place to get a large floppy hat?

Thrift?

Ideally, maybe some kind of waxed texture fabric., or am I doomed to have to shell out $500+ for one from Ann D?
post #89901 of 109053
Reinhardt plankt? (Sp)
post #89902 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lel View Post

Anyone know the best place to get a large floppy hat?

Thrift?

Ideally, maybe some kind of waxed texture fabric., or am I doomed to have to shell out $500+ for one from Ann D?

pitti
post #89903 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

What do you guys think is a good jacket for travelling around the world? I am looking for jacket that is able to keep me warm during winter in Europe, somewhat waterproof but also lightweight so that I am would be able to carry it around with me in South East Asia. So far I am thinking of getting a Nanamica Cruiser Jacket, good choice? Any other recommendations?

More recommendations please?
post #89904 of 109053
just get a shell and a base layer for colder weather - get it from some outdoors company...MEC, REI, Arc'teryx, Patagonia, North Face, etc...
post #89905 of 109053
barbour with liner
post #89906 of 109053

Soft shell + Ultra Light Down jacket—wear individually or layered together. Good for travel since both take very little space.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

barbour with liner
 

Or this. Took my lined International field jacket on my last long trip and didn't need anything else.


Edited by ChetB - 1/12/14 at 11:35pm
post #89907 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

What do you guys think is a good jacket for travelling around the world? I am looking for jacket that is able to keep me warm during winter in Europe, somewhat waterproof but also lightweight so that I am would be able to carry it around with me in South East Asia. So far I am thinking of getting a Nanamica Cruiser Jacket, good choice? Any other recommendations?

More recommendations please?

Where in europe?

Winter in Europe goes from about -25c to +10c.
post #89908 of 109053
^ Mostly in France and planning on going up to Sweden, maybe to the Laplands to see the Aurora Borealis (but if it's too cold I won't go). Then to Poland in the summer.

These 2 jackets are what I have in mind at the moment. Will wear layers and ultra light down jacket

Nanamica Cruiser
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTE0NzI0ODQwNGY2YTUwN2FlMzdlNTA1MGE0MTU3ZTdmYTBkfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT10aGVfZmFuY3lfbGlvbnx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9MTEvMjgvMTIgMTE6MzAgQU0=

Barbour Bedale


Leaning more towards the Barbour. Anyone know where is the best place to get the Barbour Bedale?
post #89909 of 109053
I doubt that any jacket that you could comfortably wear in Southeast Asia is going to be sufficient to keep you warm in Lapland during the winter.
post #89910 of 109053

Yeah, below 0 degrees celsius in the most southern part of Sweden now. 

I wore uniqlo heatech, a thick flannel shirt, big Schneider scarf covering the whole torso and a wool coat this morning and I was still freezing.

 

It's gonna be worse if you go further up north and Lapland is just miserably cold (-20 atm). 

 

I'd get the Nanamica and if you pair it with a ultra light down and some heattech you'll probably be fine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts