Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 3:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5989post #89821 of 1090541/11/14 at 12:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #89822 of 1090541/11/14 at 12:52ampost #89823 of 1090541/11/14 at 1:27amIs it weird that I still don't think I've figured out what exact jean dimensions work for me? I chopped and tapered a pair of gray washed DH 19cms (sacrilege I know), tapered some black on black APC NS's and have some 17.5cmish JE's. Have some W+H beaters too. I picked up some tapered Momotaros that have a 7 inch hem and roughly 35" inseam. I've only worn them at home a few times after work... not sure what I want to do after they settle in some. Taper? Hem? Current stacks are pretty intense and I'm not sure I like how they make the bottom seem wider than the leg before the stacks. Product of stiff new jawnz? Been forever since I broke in jeans like this. Fabric is amazing. Fit is similar to the pre chop/taper 19 cms. People suggested I size down on those and/or hem/taper. I think they look better after, but not ideal still. Others have commented that the taper of the JEs isn't the most flattering for my body type, which is criticism I can undestand too. I have a long torso and I'm only 5 ft 9/10. I'm a US40 and a 29 or 30 in most jean brands.
Sorry for wall of text, but I'm beginning to agree with various posters that pant fit is the weak link in a lot of my fits.
Edited by cyc wid it - 1/11/14 at 1:44ampost #89824 of 1090541/11/14 at 2:23ampost #89825 of 1090541/11/14 at 2:24ampost #89826 of 1090541/11/14 at 2:30ampost #89827 of 1090541/11/14 at 2:51ampost #89828 of 1090541/11/14 at 3:07ampost #89829 of 1090541/11/14 at 3:22ampost #89830 of 1090541/11/14 at 3:52amQuote:
Hmm, yeah I suppose there are many schools of thought on that. Did he say why? If you're worried about indigo bleeding you can always turn them inside out. If you're super worried a skosh of vinegar diluted in the water will help a lot.
If it makes you feel any better I'm sort of in the same boat. The only cut I've found that works are Kapital Stones. Highrise taper for lyfepost #89831 of 1090541/11/14 at 4:11amWhat do you guys think is a good jacket for travelling around the world? I am looking for jacket that is able to keep me warm during winter in Europe, somewhat waterproof but also lightweight so that I am would be able to carry it around with me in South East Asia. So far I am thinking of getting a Nanamica Cruiser Jacket, good choice? Any other recommendations?post #89832 of 1090541/11/14 at 4:17amA Waxed cotton flight jacket with a four-pocket front, high collar, and two zipped interior pockets, fully lined with vintage silk scarves, is my dream traveling piece.
Canvas flight jacket, leather double-rider: those are my usual suspects. Or at least they were. Now just flight jackets.post #89833 of 1090541/11/14 at 6:15ampost #89834 of 1090541/11/14 at 6:19am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1518 Active Users (361 Members and 1157 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 seconds ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 39 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 53 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › www.virtualclotheshorse.com - affiliate page 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...