Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 12/7/16 at 12:54pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5950post #89236 of 10905312/30/13 at 6:39pmpost #89237 of 10905312/30/13 at 6:48pmpost #89238 of 10905312/30/13 at 7:13pmpost #89239 of 10905312/30/13 at 8:37pm
lolz. i say that every day.Quote:
good step.i hope they decide in your favor.
this. i actually did just that for a customer today.Quote:
have you tried getting a co-signer? building credit is important, even for things besides kops.post #89240 of 10905312/30/13 at 9:17pmpost #89241 of 10905312/30/13 at 9:25pmpost #89242 of 10905312/30/13 at 9:28pmpost #89243 of 10905312/30/13 at 9:33pmpost #89244 of 10905312/30/13 at 9:53pmpost #89245 of 10905312/30/13 at 10:01pmpost #89246 of 10905312/30/13 at 10:04pmpost #89247 of 10905312/30/13 at 10:28pmQuote:
This can depend on what you're applying to. Try asking in the business forum area though... might be a better place.
Credit cards are out to make money and get your money; so I'm sure someone will be happy to offer you a credit card.
I'm guessing you're still a student?
You can apply for student credit card and you don't need a cosigner. Look at the apr rates, my recommendation if you're american is chase sapphire. It has a better rate than my wells fargo credit card and has a great rewards program. That being said, you should stay within 30% of your limit. So if you have 5000 limit you should only use at most 1500. The people with the best credit scores use 10% of their credit. You should always pay your balance off every month to avoid getting in a hole. Spend what you can afford & then take advantage of the cash back/rewards. There are some awesome credit cards so just look around and do your hw.
You should stay away from revolving credit ie a macy's card, nordstrom, bloomingdale's etc. They have ridiculous high apr rates and usually aren't worth the "rewards".
Revolving credit can be awesome though-- I find nordstrom's rewards wonderful. I find great stuff there all the time.
For menswear, if you're on a budget/student, I can guarantee with some looking at nordstrom rack you can get some cool pairs of shoes for under 100 or 200 compared to typical retail of 300/400. The clothes for menswear can depend on where you live. They have a decent selection of denim and jackets. I also get a ton of nordstrom notes from them (granted i go on their special days where i get either double or triple points. they also had a 10 points per dollar day. Got $60 worth of nordstrom notes to go play with some more. i'm also a fashion stylist so sometimes for some work stuff i'll drop between 500-2000 and get a ton of points PLUS $ back.) They also offer complimentary tailoring which i haven't tried out. That might be useful for a student until you can find a really good tailor. i also have a macy's card i don't use. Try not to open too many revolving credit cards. i think i read somewhere 2 to 4 is ok BUT not ideal.
Bottom line: to build credit apply at your local bank or credit union. Stay away from revolving credit unless you can really take advantage of their rewards. Just use a regular credit card to shop at different places. it's easier to manage at most 3 to 5 credit cards. I would say no more than that. There are also other ways to build credit : ie loans, car payments.post #89248 of 10905312/30/13 at 10:34pmpost #89249 of 10905312/31/13 at 1:50ampost #89250 of 10905312/31/13 at 5:04am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW WITH TAGS GUCCI BLACK SLIM BLAZER, 38 reg 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...