steven said upgrading your shoes is an easy way to spend 25k for a work wardobe which I found to be absurd if you're a sw guy and don't have 25k to waste on mc shoes to get by for work
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5944post #89146 of 10905312/27/13 at 8:18pmpost #89147 of 10905312/27/13 at 8:42pmpost #89148 of 10905312/27/13 at 10:38pm
Looking forward to reading that, Teger. What I love is that they have this fully formed point-of-view right out of the gate. from pattern design, fabrics to their site design, photography, look book, etc. It's a distinctive look but seems like it could meld with other heritage stuff pretty well.
That can usually be fixed really easily by a tailor. I think it's just a matter of raising or lowering the collar. that bump can happen on any level suit -- just depends on the pattern and how you are built (shoulders/back shape, etc). I still think OTR suit + a little tailoring mojo is the best way to go.post #89149 of 10905312/27/13 at 11:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
I don't really need super baller suits as it stands, but it irks me how I get that little ridge behind the back of the collar on just about every RTW brand I've tried on - plus I have to buy separates for drop, which limits my options. So far I just have a couple Epaulet suits for work and a Boglioli silk blend one for fun. I'll probably look to add something a step up or so (or hopefully find a brand that fits me a little better). Then I want to upgrade a couple of my shoes - I have the "essentials" already more or less, but some of them are of lesser quality. That should be plenty. Oh, and add a couple more nice shirts (although Kamakura would probably be enough) and ties. My tie game is pretty feeble.
have you considered simply sizing up?
I'm a measured 45, though have worn a 44 jacket for as long as I can remember and also regularly get the slight ridge beneath the collar and some dimpling at the shoulders despite seams falling where they should on OTR stuff. has been remedied of late by simply going up to a 46/56 assuming shoulder length is also accommodative.
tried on two jackets tonight, 54 fit through the chest, slight ridge at the base of the collar and slight dimpling at the shoulders. 56, no ridge, no dimpling, still works through the chest. just need to get the waist taken in a bit more.post #89150 of 10905312/27/13 at 11:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
That can usually be fixed really easily by a tailor. I think it's just a matter of raising or lowering the collar. that bump can happen on any level suit -- just depends on the pattern and how you are built (shoulders/back shape, etc). I still think OTR suit + a little tailoring mojo is the best way to go.
Where to find tailor I can trust to do this competently?post #89151 of 10905312/28/13 at 12:13ampost #89152 of 10905312/28/13 at 6:54amHow secured is the Opening Ceremony online store? I just tried checking out 2 times and both times there was an error saying my credit card has expired. Tried it once more and my order got through however I never got an email from them confirming my order. And now I just got a text from my bank saying to contact their Fraud Assist department regarding my credit card =/post #89153 of 10905312/28/13 at 7:06ampost #89154 of 10905312/28/13 at 11:06ampost #89155 of 10905312/28/13 at 11:24am
Yoox and Yoox sites (the corner) are hopeless for descriptions. The color for a Dries belt that I bought, according to Yoox, was "black". Yet, in the pictures, the color is clearly a very dark, black tinted brown, and on the box, the belt is clearly marked "DKBRN", which, in every naming system known, means "Dark Brown." I mean, I wanted it to be dark brown, instead of black (I have limited use for things that are a straight up black), but you'd hope that TheCorner would be able to read a label.post #89156 of 10905312/28/13 at 11:28ampost #89157 of 10905312/28/13 at 11:28ampost #89158 of 10905312/28/13 at 11:48ampost #89159 of 10905312/28/13 at 12:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yoox and Yoox sites (the corner) are hopeless for descriptions. The color for a Dries belt that I bought, according to Yoox, was "black". Yet, in the pictures, the color is clearly a very dark, black tinted brown, and on the box, the belt is clearly marked "DKBRN", which, in every naming system known, means "Dark Brown." I mean, I wanted it to be dark brown, instead of black (I have limited use for things that are a straight up black), but you'd hope that TheCorner would be able to read a label.
Apparently content people aren't worth hiring.post #89160 of 10905312/28/13 at 1:25pm
The little roll under the collar is usually because your posture is slightly more erect than the pattern of the suit.
Now here is the rub: most men stand more erect than normal when looking at themselves in the mirror or when being fitted by a tailor (which, anectodally, is why some old school bespoke tailors prefer to do fittings without a mirror). Also, turning your head to check your back may create the ripple.
So, in conclusion, you need to assess the back of your suit when in your most "normal" posture - walk around the room a little, shake your arms, then look at a 3-way mirror without changing your posture. If the collar roll is still there, have a semi-competent alteration tailor fix it.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › BNWT $800 AMI by Alexandre Mattiussi Blazer size 48EU/38US 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...