or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5935  

post #89011 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

merry xmas all my nigs

Christmas was yesterday, I'm on left overs today. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #89012 of 109053
Look at this Tiger Camo Sweater



Not sure what to think...
post #89013 of 109053

do these measurements just seem ridiculous to anyone else?
 

http://www.mrporter.com/product/381447

 

Large:

18.5" shoulders

24.5" chest

28" length

post #89014 of 109053
Anyone here pick up one of the Yang Li coats? Was thinking of getting maybe one of the wool ones.
post #89015 of 109053
VISVIM Virgils (and other boots) fit a half size small?
post #89016 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

do these measurements just seem ridiculous to anyone else?
 

http://www.mrporter.com/product/381447

 

Large:

18.5" shoulders

24.5" chest

28" length

It's a classic MA-1 bomber from a pretty traditional company.  A large corresponds to a size 42.  That's about right for a 42.  And remember, the back length is including the waistband, and the "blouson" effect makes the length seem a few inches shorter.

post #89017 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

VISVIM Virgils (and other boots) fit a half size small?

Virgils are tight in the heel because of the stabilizer. Narrow feet can probably go TTS, otherwise size up 1/2.

post #89018 of 109053
Isachenko gone is the best Christmas present this year
post #89019 of 109053
you guys ever buy a cheap version of a piece to sort of test out if you like the idea before committing to it?

like I'm pretty sure an MA-1 will fit into my wardrobe but not ready to drop $$$ either on say the Lad Musician version or a leather one (ToJ?) so for now just getting a $50 H&M version for a season and if it gets used a lot I'll upgrade and toss.

or for example, a lot of people are doing tapered sweats now but it's not something I've ever done, so instead of 'testing' the idea for $200-400 I just did a $20 Uniqlo pair of sweats and have now found I really only wear them to lounge around the house, so probably would have wasted $$$ for a baller version I'd never wear out.

(assuming you do) what sort of items have you bought a tester/cheap version of before upgrading? or not upgraded because you realized it wasn't really for you?
post #89020 of 109053
Just missed out on this because my mobile internet hiccuped and bid wasnt placed frown.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buttero-side-zip-boots-Size-11-Made-in-Italy-Free-Shipping-/251406928437?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AUS%3A1120&item=251406928437&nma=true&si=DI89cankOZXg03LDh7d86gUpJUc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
post #89021 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

you guys ever buy a cheap version of a piece to sort of test out if you like the idea before committing to it?

like I'm pretty sure an MA-1 will fit into my wardrobe but not ready to drop $$$ either on say the Lad Musician version or a leather one (ToJ?) so for now just getting a $50 H&M version for a season and if it gets used a lot I'll upgrade and toss.

or for example, a lot of people are doing tapered sweats now but it's not something I've ever done, so instead of 'testing' the idea for $200-400 I just did a $20 Uniqlo pair of sweats and have now found I really only wear them to lounge around the house, so probably would have wasted $$$ for a baller version I'd never wear out.

(assuming you do) what sort of items have you bought a tester/cheap version of before upgrading? or not upgraded because you realized it wasn't really for you?

 

Lesson: Always wait and buy exactly what you want, not a cheaper version of it.

post #89022 of 109053

Amen. The mental orgasm you get from the real mccoy is worth the extra bucks.

post #89023 of 109053
I actually agree a little with MC. I am glad I bought really skinny fit sweats on the cheap. Did not enjoy wearing them. Glad I did not get the $$$ versions and then post them on BS.
post #89024 of 109053

To be fair designer Nylon MA-1's are some of the most ridiculously marked up garments out there.

post #89025 of 109053
Thinking a Buzz Rickson is in my near future.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts