or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5929  

post #88921 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

My mac hasn't crashed since the patch and I have no iPhone problems.

Thanks.  Yeah, for once, it was not actually a problem on our side.  Woosh.  

post #88922 of 109053
thanks for the suggestion
post #88923 of 109053
Speaking of ads, this is what I got a few days ago.

post #88924 of 109053
LA Guy - seems like there's a lot of threads about specific brands/designers, which on the one hand is a big part of the SW&D (and MC) discussions, but I'm finding with so many affiliate threads (official or not) that like a third to half of the threads page is these huge multipage threads instead of random discussions... Would it make sense to create a new subforum that are just for these type of threads? Could even be a mix of SW&D+MC, but it's all the big ass long threads on a specific brand/affiliate. Thoughts?
post #88925 of 109053
don't like the idea of having to sift through mc brands to find stuff that was relevant. but otherwise, good call.
post #88926 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isachenko View Post
 

 

There a lot of things I like. Some of the rarer stuff I can't post about until I acquire them due to limited availability. I'm also in the exchange process for multiple out of production items which I can't post on until the right size arrives.

 

For the common stuff I like Inis Meain a lot, their knits are light enough to wear indoors comfortably and to layer under jackets like my Peter Millar's fancy coat which looks fantastic out in the sun. For pants I like Oliver Spencer, BoO, Corneliani.

 

There's stuff from almost every popular designer I like, Schneider, Leder, MMM, Junya, EG.

 

The list goes on but don't know where you got the idea I don't like anything. I just mention the gimmicks when I see them, I wish others would too so I don't have to. 

It's the fact that you are pretty relentless about the things that you don't like.  For example, no one could have missed the fact that you don't like the gold lettering on Common Projects.  Some people like it, some don't. Most will not bring it up at all.  Some will bring it up if Common Projects is suggested to them "Yeah, thanks, but I don't like the lettering - I find it gimmicky", and some others might feel the need to bring it up in a Common Projects thread, which seems sorta pointless, but fine.  I mean, it's pointless because the threads are generally for people who enjoy a specific brand.  They might not like this style or that style. but they like at least some of the pieces.  To bring up that you dislike the basic branding, that will not change, is already frustrating for a lot of people.  However, you have stated your dislike... many times, to the point where it irritates most readers and posters.  

 

It's like being at a restaurant, and instead of enjoying your meal, you feel the need to point out how shitty it is, over and over.  Maybe it is, maybe it's not. But it's just irritating for your fellow diners, and stops them from enjoying theirs.  I'm not asking you to change your opinions.  I'm just asking you to please cool your justs on the negative comments. 

post #88927 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

LA Guy - seems like there's a lot of threads about specific brands/designers, which on the one hand is a big part of the SW&D (and MC) discussions, but I'm finding with so many affiliate threads (official or not) that like a third to half of the threads page is these huge multipage threads instead of random discussions... Would it make sense to create a new subforum that are just for these type of threads? Could even be a mix of SW&D+MC, but it's all the big ass long threads on a specific brand/affiliate. Thoughts?

I think this is good in abstract, but if this was the case they'd be easier to miss, and brands would be less inclined to pay for affiliate status. And then who would pay for all those excellent interviews and site upgrades?!
post #88928 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
 

It's the fact that you are pretty relentless about the things that you don't like.  For example, no one could have missed the fact that you don't like the gold lettering on Common Projects.  Some people like it, some don't. Most will not bring it up at all.  Some will bring it up if Common Projects is suggested to them "Yeah, thanks, but I don't like the lettering - I find it gimmicky", and some others might feel the need to bring it up in a Common Projects thread, which seems sorta pointless, but fine.  I mean, it's pointless because the threads are generally for people who enjoy a specific brand.  They might not like this style or that style. but they like at least some of the pieces.  To bring up that you dislike the basic branding, that will not change, is already frustrating for a lot of people.  However, you have stated your dislike... many times, to the point where it irritates most readers and posters.  

 

It's like being at a restaurant, and instead of enjoying your meal, you feel the need to point out how shitty it is, over and over.  Maybe it is, maybe it's not. But it's just irritating for your fellow diners, and stops them from enjoying theirs.  I'm not asking you to change your opinions.  I'm just asking you to please cool your justs on the negative comments. 

 

To be fair, after I came to the bowling alley realization of CPs, I've not posted about them since nor do I have any desire to. However I did say if CP came out with a burgundy derby no-shine on crepe sole, that would seriously make me reconsider dealing with the branding issue. I've not repeated other individual gimmicks unnecessarily either. The EG example from today was the very first time I've even seen a vert zipper on the back of any of their jackets or anywhere else for matter of fact. My criticism of EG before was almost entirely based on the print 'diarrhea' displayed in the runway stylings.

 

I would like to share one of the very best acquisitions I've made which arrived a few minutes ago. Most of the reading I did from past threads was rather negative of these shoes, except on the CM side, but I took a 'chance' and now that I have them on my feet I can definitively say they are the very best sneakers I've ever owned. From online pictures I was worried they would look huge but that's not the case at all. They're extremely comfortable and no chemicals were used in the dyeing process. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I just wish they were still in available in smog color as well but perhaps they'll be reissued in the future.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #88929 of 109053
Dunno about those shoes... the color and leather laces giving an almost hiking, or monkey boot even, vibe. Might be exacerbated by the angle of the foto. Side-view?
post #88930 of 109053
Fuck those are ugly

Truely top notch trolling going on
post #88931 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocostella View Post

Dunno about those shoes... the color and leather laces giving an almost hiking, or monkey boot even, vibe. Might be exacerbated by the angle of the foto. Side-view?

 

The camera angle's bad and you never want to judge shoes from a 24" distance perspective. I should've taken the photo standing up from chest height but now too tired to redo the pic.

 

Here's a side view:

 

post #88932 of 109053

Brown sneakers just don't work, IMO.

post #88933 of 109053

I disagree, but these are burgundy anyways. Your monitor might need adjusting.

post #88934 of 109053
tell the midsole to stop trying to be like the upper and be itself .
post #88935 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-features/rei-kawakubo-speaks-7322544?src=facebook%2Fshare

WWD: The words icon and iconic are thrown around loosely in fashion
. You are revered across fashion as the real thing, genuine icon. How do you feel about that status?  

R.K.: I AM NOT AWARE I AM AN ICON.   

WWD: Is there anyone of any discipline — artist, writer, designer, performer, etc. — whose work you revere?  
R.K.: NO COMMENT.   

WWD: What bores you?  

R.K.: THERE ARE MANY THINGS.   

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

she once smiled , in 1977


well, at least she's got her looks going for her...


Quote:
Originally Posted by el Bert View Post

Yeah of course. Whenever I try to type anything there's a jitter between each typed of letter and it's not a connection issue because I haven't had any issues with it on any other forum. Sometimes when I'm typing it'll crash but what I typed will still be there. Everything is up to date as far as I know, I've seen a few other members commenting on a similar issue as well.


same issue on my iPad with atomic browser...thought something was up with the iPad until I started seeing these
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts