There is one in Reykjavík last I checked.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5908
Styleforum Top Pickspost #88607 of 10905412/17/13 at 7:14pmpost #88608 of 10905412/17/13 at 7:20pmpost #88609 of 10905412/17/13 at 7:50pmpost #88610 of 10905412/17/13 at 8:37pmQuote:
I've been anticipating the fades for several months now. And so far, nothing. Blue threads for days. Not a crest of white among them. Hopefully you'll fare better.
@notwithit, I'm glad to hear you got to go to that! I couldn't make it, but friends went, and said it was excellent. After they broke up, there was a Jicks show in Dallas where Malkmus, Nastonovich, and half of Bright Eyes played together in the T-shirt vending area and I wish that took place when I had a video phone because I'd like to think it was almost as cool....post #88611 of 10905412/17/13 at 8:42pmRecently, I put on my one pair of indigo jeans for the first time in forever and was surprised to see how un-dramatic they looked compared to my usual black pairs. As irreplaceable as a good fade is, I like me some drama.post #88612 of 10905412/17/13 at 8:49pmpost #88613 of 10905412/17/13 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zamb
I consider him a friend, but to be honest i thought the forget me knot ring was a little too far.................but hey, i am in no position to tell him what he should or shouldn't make
otherwise though, I really like the creative humor of his work and the level of intelligent thought that goes into his pieces, and I can tell you it is not fake at all...............he really is always an element of surprise.
you should check out his website and web store, there is a lot there to see and it should give a better perspective of his work
i was not hating on the man, a fellow tribesman even. just saying i thought it was gross lol.
i will have a look at his site and learn more about this sruki fellow.Quote:
did you tell her...
STYLEFARMING!!!post #88614 of 10905412/17/13 at 10:01pmpost #88615 of 10905412/17/13 at 10:15pmi dont remember if it was me a long time ago or my friend but one of us was shipping some jil pants i think they were at the fedex office and we declared the value at 800 or some shit and the guy goes you can't declare it whatever you want and we're like dude look at the tag that's what they cost hahapost #88616 of 10905412/17/13 at 10:31pmpost #88617 of 10905412/17/13 at 10:31pmpost #88618 of 10905412/17/13 at 11:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zamb
He is an incredibly gifted an imaginative designer.........could be an artist if he wanted to based in the range and scope of his experimentation with fabric, cut , performance etc.
his presentations are usually one of the high notes of men's fashion week in Paris
there is quite a polarizing view about his work but the one thing it always does is its guaranteed to bring out an extreme view in almost all those who come in contact with it.
And yes he is Jewish, but more so a world traveler as he has lived in Australia, Israel, Iceland and several other places. He is also a nice family man too married with a family
I have a good friend and ex-training partner/Jiujitsu instructor who is an artist of some talent, and whose performance art is gruesome and riveting. Of the two of us, pretty much anyone who knows us would say that he is the "nice guy", and it showed through even in the way we approached our MMA matches. He was extremely technical, and not particularly aggressive. But somehow he pulls of out himself this really dark stuff that is difficult to watch, to say the least.post #88619 of 10905412/17/13 at 11:14pm
I got my Yoox Roulette Christopher Raeburn bomber today. It's a really nice piece. Some interesting details that are not extraneous to the classical bomber design, but actually reference the function of aviator jackets. One puzzling thing though - he uses as YKK 4 zip. I would have expected at least an 8, and even a 10, considering that the jacket is made from heavy (I would guess 21 ounce) wool from a traditional English mill. I've seen this in his other pieces as well, and while it makes sense in his lightweight nylon pieces, on such a heavy piece, it seems rather incongruent.
I'll probably keep it, and have the zipper switched out for something beefier. Or, I'll just wait until it breaks, which it will if used, and then change it.post #88620 of 10905412/17/13 at 11:16pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 23 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?