Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5891post #88351 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:02pmpost #88352 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by brad-t
I don't "blanch" at the income; for someone my age and with no post-secondary schooling I make a lot of money, and I'm aware of my privilege. It's just shocking to me people can talk about it as if it's really nothing at all; maybe it's the fact that I'm 25 and almost all of my friends are broke students ...
Broke student is a transient state. It's not a state of poverty, it's generally a chrysalis state before people start to earn.
And a college degree is a huge thing. So, you would be the exception. The dropoff in income between those who have a college education and those who do not, is enormous. You can see from census numbers that it dwarfs all other factors.
There is real poverty. But it's not on Styleforum, for the most part, and for the most obvious reasons.post #88353 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:22pmpost #88354 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:26pmpost #88355 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:27pmpost #88356 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:31pmpost #88357 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:38pmpost #88358 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:45pm@RegisDB9, please check this out at the ALS boutique in Palm Beach.
On a more practical level, the new moonphase is pretty nice.post #88359 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:49pmpost #88360 of 10905312/13/13 at 6:59pmpost #88361 of 10905312/13/13 at 7:20pmpost #88362 of 10905312/13/13 at 7:21pmY'all who don't believe SF rent is for real.
In a kind of crappy area:
"Yes, it seems NEMA can do everything for you– except your actual job, that is. You’ll still need that to be rather well-paying: 496-square-foot studios start at $2491 a month; one bedrooms (brace yourself) at $3388 a month."
100% leased. Sure it's a new building, but there are several like it with similar occupancy rates. Subletting a room in a 25+ year old house for anything close to $1000 is a steal.
Funny when you hear about people being screened based on their looks too for rent in certain areas.post #88363 of 10905312/13/13 at 7:24pmpost #88364 of 10905312/13/13 at 7:34pm
That building is right next to Twitter and near to Dropbox, both of which are employing fresh grads at >150k/yr of total comp and far more for senior people. They'll do fine. It's only 50% more expensive than similar buildings in Seattle/Bellevue, so if anything the market in SF is trending down in price!
Also resulted in a moderately amusing novelty twitter account: https://twitter.com/rentenema, so they have that going for them!post #88365 of 10905312/13/13 at 7:39pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Gentleman's pocket knife 30 seconds ago
- › How about Cole Haan Made in Maine shoes 44 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › OFFERING SERVICE OF Bespoke Neapolitan 5-7-12 fold ties 6 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 11 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Rock Hooded Coat Sz. 3 12 minutes ago
- › ALDEN RAVELLO SHELL CORDOVAN SADDLES SNUFF CXL SHOES AND BOOTS 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...