or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5881  

post #88201 of 109053
My gf is in want of a new bag, and I was thinking of yooxing her one. Any brands I should pay attention to?
post #88202 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwindow View Post

Rick geobaskets make decent snowboots.

 

There was a guy wearing a pair of black on black Rick ramones in the snow the other day and I couldn't help but think the same thing.  Just wore them with some faded black skinnies and a generic nylon puffer.  Looked good, and I usually hate the ramones.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronxs View Post

tween now works in NMWA?
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

he posted as such in the NMWA thread. pretty awesome right?
 
 
Yup, I made my announcement over here.  I'm really excited about it all, and hope to get things cranking on the contemporary / SW&D side of things as well, so any input is appreciated!
post #88203 of 109053
more of the "pedaled" brand. i first noticed some wild pieces they had on yoox. almost hit you up about them actually, as it seemed they would look good on you. gone now. had never heard of the brand so didn't know what to expect of it. then i saw it for sale on nmwa and that sparked my interest even more!

also...

Edited by mike868y - 12/11/13 at 6:16pm
post #88204 of 109053
nvm
post #88205 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i am not a lawyer. but i have lots of jewish friends that are. all different areas of law, and salaries all over the map. its not an easy job, but i dont think its quite the nightmare a lot of people make it out to be, or at least its not always that way. lots of jobs can suck, and being self employed is not easy either, nor for everyone. if you want to be a lawyer, i see no reason not to take a crack at it.

why am I not surprised when Stitchy's the only person who can say something reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

My gf is in want of a new bag, and I was thinking of yooxing her one. Any brands I should pay attention to?

what's your budget?
Edited by Kid Nickels - 12/11/13 at 6:27pm
post #88206 of 109053
spoilers not working for me, click takes me to top of page, wtf?
post #88207 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

what's your budget?

~$150
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

spoilers not working for me, click takes me to top of page, wtf?

This used to happen to me when I'd click spoilers before the entire page had loaded.
post #88208 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

words did not show up in quote. frown.gif

Get crackin on that SS swag. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

why am I not surprised when Stitchy's the only person who can say something reasonable.

blush.gif

Thats me, mr. reasonable.
post #88209 of 109053
cdw down vests from sw have less fill than normal for california winters and snaps only
post #88210 of 109053
Just had an order for a Junya Watanabe Duvetica down jacket cancelled because they "don't accept foreign credit cards" despite the fact that I used a Japanese credit card... not buying from these jerks, thanks for saving me $800

Another winter in the Uni-Qlo down jacket, best 50 bucks ever spent:

r4U2Tq1.jpg
post #88211 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Just had an order for a Junya Watanabe Duvetica down jacket cancelled because they "don't accept foreign credit cards" despite the fact that I used a Japanese credit card... not buying from these jerks, thanks for saving me $800

Another winter in the Uni-Qlo down jacket, best 50 bucks ever spent:

r4U2Tq1.jpg

Does this keep you warm and did you size ip? I bought a parka from them and it doesnt really keep me very warm.
post #88212 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

I meant the peninsula. Most of the East Bay = a giant project (5). It's also too far to commute. Maybe good for rental property though.

My friend just "got a great deal" on a tiny duplex without a garage in Russian Hill. Paid above ask all cash as is... somewhere around $1.4. Wasn't the highest bid. At least they can subdivide after a year and rent half out or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post



Point is it's not a hyperbole. It's a fact.

East Bay is super ghetto and like cyc said a giant project. Sure it's a little sarcastic but it is also true. Schools are terrible as well so if you're trying to raise a kid it's not where you want to be.


if you really don't think there are totally livable portions of berkeley and oakland (the non-'legit ghetto' portions), I'm not sure whether you congratulate your thoroughly sheltered existence or pity your utter lack of perspective

I'd probably prefer to live in oakland to someplace like san mateo--texture's what makes life interesting
post #88213 of 109053
This is a really annoying spam tactic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amliauwc View Post

MhX8ndt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpwindows View Post

^Probably just a precaution on the designers end, it probably won't fall apart.
That's what I was thinking, but at the same time it would really suck if you ruined something.  I got a pair of sweatpants from myhabit, they were cheap and really comfy but I'm sure as hell not going to keep them if I can't throw the things in the wash... not sure if I want to risk ruining them though.  They're like a loose-weave cotton terry cloth, could be fine but might shrink up a lot.

7/29/12:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashwindow View Post

^Probably just a precaution on the designers end, it probably won't fall apart.

That's what I was thinking, but at the same time it would really suck if you ruined something. I got a pair of sweatpants from myhabit, they were cheap and really comfy but I'm sure as hell not going to keep them if I can't throw the things in the wash... not sure if I want to risk ruining them though. They're like a loose-weave cotton terry cloth, could be fine but might shrink up a lot.
post #88214 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunofurbusiness View Post

Does this keep you warm and did you size ip? I bought a parka from them and it doesnt really keep me very warm.

I went TTS and it's the warmest non-technical jacket I own - it's 680 fill and quite substantial between the wool outer and the down fill. Not like the ultralight down jackets at all, proper winter outerwear.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #88215 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by superego View Post

I'd probably prefer to live in oakland to someplace like san mateo--texture's what makes life interesting

Oh berkeley is great as are parts of oakland which is definitely up and coming... and marin is beautiful if you count that as east bay (not sure to be honest my grasp of geography is pretty weak), but don't knock san mateo its actually pretty awesome. Downtown is pretty badass and has some of the best asian food norcal has to offer. Amazing ramen, my favorite chinese restaurant and the best boba in the bay oh and good sushi too from what I understand (I don't eat seafood, but my family/friends love a few spots).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts