Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5871post #88051 of 10905312/10/13 at 1:18pmpost #88052 of 10905312/10/13 at 1:19pmpost #88053 of 10905312/10/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
You're right, I think I read there' more law students than lawyers? That possible? College education for the most part in the states is a huge racket.
You should check out these links, reedo:
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2589560 (read this one first)post #88054 of 10905312/10/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
i have yet to find a lemaire piece i really like. i've tried a bunch between assembly ny and atelier and always feel underwhelmed. i also didn't care much for the last collection. it's just not quite there for me.post #88055 of 10905312/10/13 at 2:04pm
Would your concept combine the deliciousness of fried pork with the cozy and romantic atmosphere of a cat café?
Also, congrats @reedobandito!post #88056 of 10905312/10/13 at 2:07pmQuote:
You make it sound so not so bad, of course that's the party line that gets paraded in the media, market cheerleaders. AGW's bad for business.
I'm sure the fashion industry will adapt though.post #88057 of 10905312/10/13 at 2:21pmpost #88058 of 10905312/10/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Scientists change their mind every time they open their mouth, I still remember Al Gore talking about something for years and they suddenly saying whoops research says something different now.
As I said the earth has a cycle like fashion and we are approaching a new step, which research proves is a repeat of previous occurrences, but as people still drive V8 trucks because gas is cheap, use coal power and ride around on mopeds that create more CO2 than previously mentioned V8, we can't really do anything than sit back and enjoy the ride.post #88059 of 10905312/10/13 at 2:46pmpost #88060 of 10905312/10/13 at 2:47pmQuote:
So you would rather that people cling to their beliefs despite the appearance of new evidence?
You're the reason the new Jurassic Park won't have dinosaurs with feathers!post #88061 of 10905312/10/13 at 2:54pmpost #88062 of 10905312/10/13 at 3:14pmpost #88063 of 10905312/10/13 at 3:31pmQuote:
I get where you're coming from. The reality of law school is that if you're going to make it worthwhile, you need to think about how hard you worked in law school, multiply that by two, and that's how hard you're going to work for the next decade of your life. If you're comfortable with that, then six-figure debt for a law degree is a bargain. If you're not comfortable with that, do something else, or get the military to pay for it.Quote:
Hey man, put in your 30 years and take advantage of that sweet state employees retirement plan. Unless you live in Illinois, then you're probably screwed.
As long as you always look at your future in six month increments, this is probably true.
Look, I'm not saying this statement applies to you, but you're also certainly not the first person to have made such statements on this forum. I do feel, however, that statements like this, in general, are attributable to people who are either too young to be able to appreciate the trappings of being family man, or those simply too consumed with themselves.
If you're 24 and you love staying out 'til 2 a.m., getting pissed, and making the world bend to your wishes, then that's great. You're 24 and you should feel that way.
Give yourself another decade and shit changes. For many people, they begin to see value in submitting themselves to institutions which are bigger than themselves (marriage, parenthood, etc.). Will all people feel this way, certainly not. Is it wrong to be consumed with yourself beyond your mid 20's, no. But at some point you're going to want something that's substantial, something that isn't temporary, and that doesn't come for free. It means a lifetime of compromise and dreams that you give up. But what you give up, can be more than made up by what you receive in return.Quote:
This isn't really a problem for people who live in like 95% of the country, or who made a reasonable down payment when originating their mortgage. As a renter you do preserve optionality, but it does come at an expense. The cost of that added expense could be turned into the additional consumption of booze, food, and clothes.Quote:
You're not that old. Work your ass off for the next ten year and reap the benefits.post #88064 of 10905312/10/13 at 3:36pmpost #88065 of 10905312/10/13 at 4:01pmQuote:
FTFY. The way rent is in the Bay Area, might as well be mortgage payments anyway. Looking for a house under $1 million that's not in the projects. Anyone?
Also, some dude in China jumped 7 stories inside a mall and killed himself after his girlfriend wouldn't stop shopping for shoes after 5 hours.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 21 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 26 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...