Looks like another day of phone tag with a Neiman store. Did people forget how to sell clothes without the internet?
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5846
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday discount doesn't apply to desired item; wait for Cyber Monday
- Cyber Monday discount doesn't apply to desired item; wait indefinitely
- day after Cyber Monday, new code comes out "apples to all fw13 merchandise"
- new code doesn't work on desired item
- email Oki-Ni about it, they say code should apply and they've fixed it
- code works on item, can't checkout because imaginary MasterCard special password is required
- call MasterCard, set up password I was never prompted to create previously
- re-order from Oki-Ni, apply code successfully, use MasterCard successfully; confirmation page and email receipt show wrong total (code that was applied to cart total did not "stick")
- now Gmail is giving me a "temporary server error" so I can't sign in or email Oki-Ni
sometimes I just hate the whole internet
UPDATE: Gmail service resumed, order placed successfully with discount, and for the record, the people of Oki-Ni (specifically Lily in customer service) were extremely helpful.
Edited by GoldenTribe - 12/4/13 at 9:40am
Only took three phone calls today. Second time I called they cut off the connection during the department transfer.
My account shows they refunded me the charge yesterday, so this time I requested (demanded) I stay on the phone with her while she charged my card. She was reluctant to even do so questioning whether I had enough funds to do so. Nice to get blamed for their incompetence. I even springed for 2 day shipping because their ghetto customer service, needless to say, is worrying me.
Perhaps I should have my bank issue me a new card/number in anticipation of my cc info getting misplaced (stolen) at/from this Neiman store.
i was thinking about clothing last night, as i do most nights, and it dawned on me, if not for my work situation, and my needs to dress a certain way within my orthodox jewish community, i would probably be way more SWD than MC. i would guess a 70/30 split. and i dont mean chinos and sweater SWD, i mean legit full on SWD.
Time to change careers :)
You'd do great in full on sw&d and it'd be fascinating which flavor of style in that vein you gravitate towards. Your eye for matching detail/styling assuredly seems quite honed.
dont get me wrong, i still love my MC gear, and i love being able to dress that way. i have no desperate desire to rid myself of that, nor do i regret in any way dressing that way. i love it.
i just mean that in a different set of circumstances, i would be more free to add another layer of dress that i think i would enjoy a lot. SWD feels more loose and free to me, and seems to allow a broader spectrum of dress, which i like a lot, and it adds a range of fun styles that really appeal to me.
i am in the process of doing what parker said, adding in some new pieces that are more SWD, from time to time, while trying to keep within the confines of what i can do, and what i feel comfortable doing, in the circumstances that are my life.
and of course, thank you to you all for all the help along the way.