Looks like another day of phone tag with a Neiman store. Did people forget how to sell clothes without the internet?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5846
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday discount doesn't apply to desired item; wait for Cyber Monday
- Cyber Monday discount doesn't apply to desired item; wait indefinitely
- day after Cyber Monday, new code comes out "apples to all fw13 merchandise"
- new code doesn't work on desired item
- email Oki-Ni about it, they say code should apply and they've fixed it
- code works on item, can't checkout because imaginary MasterCard special password is required
- call MasterCard, set up password I was never prompted to create previously
- re-order from Oki-Ni, apply code successfully, use MasterCard successfully; confirmation page and email receipt show wrong total (code that was applied to cart total did not "stick")
- now Gmail is giving me a "temporary server error" so I can't sign in or email Oki-Ni
sometimes I just hate the whole internet
UPDATE: Gmail service resumed, order placed successfully with discount, and for the record, the people of Oki-Ni (specifically Lily in customer service) were extremely helpful.
Edited by GoldenTribe - 12/4/13 at 9:40am
Only took three phone calls today. Second time I called they cut off the connection during the department transfer.
My account shows they refunded me the charge yesterday, so this time I requested (demanded) I stay on the phone with her while she charged my card. She was reluctant to even do so questioning whether I had enough funds to do so. Nice to get blamed for their incompetence. I even springed for 2 day shipping because their ghetto customer service, needless to say, is worrying me.
Perhaps I should have my bank issue me a new card/number in anticipation of my cc info getting misplaced (stolen) at/from this Neiman store.
i was thinking about clothing last night, as i do most nights, and it dawned on me, if not for my work situation, and my needs to dress a certain way within my orthodox jewish community, i would probably be way more SWD than MC. i would guess a 70/30 split. and i dont mean chinos and sweater SWD, i mean legit full on SWD.
Time to change careers :)
You'd do great in full on sw&d and it'd be fascinating which flavor of style in that vein you gravitate towards. Your eye for matching detail/styling assuredly seems quite honed.
dont get me wrong, i still love my MC gear, and i love being able to dress that way. i have no desperate desire to rid myself of that, nor do i regret in any way dressing that way. i love it.
i just mean that in a different set of circumstances, i would be more free to add another layer of dress that i think i would enjoy a lot. SWD feels more loose and free to me, and seems to allow a broader spectrum of dress, which i like a lot, and it adds a range of fun styles that really appeal to me.
i am in the process of doing what parker said, adding in some new pieces that are more SWD, from time to time, while trying to keep within the confines of what i can do, and what i feel comfortable doing, in the circumstances that are my life.
and of course, thank you to you all for all the help along the way.
- Random fashion thoughts
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 52 seconds ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 54 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 18 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 22 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 26 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 28 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 32 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...