Looks like another day of phone tag with a Neiman store. Did people forget how to sell clothes without the internet?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5846post #87676 of 10905412/4/13 at 8:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #87677 of 10905412/4/13 at 8:55am- want an item on Oki-Ni; wait for Black Friday
- Black Friday discount doesn't apply to desired item; wait for Cyber Monday
- Cyber Monday discount doesn't apply to desired item; wait indefinitely
- day after Cyber Monday, new code comes out "apples to all fw13 merchandise"
- new code doesn't work on desired item
- email Oki-Ni about it, they say code should apply and they've fixed it
- code works on item, can't checkout because imaginary MasterCard special password is required
- call MasterCard, set up password I was never prompted to create previously
- re-order from Oki-Ni, apply code successfully, use MasterCard successfully; confirmation page and email receipt show wrong total (code that was applied to cart total did not "stick")
- now Gmail is giving me a "temporary server error" so I can't sign in or email Oki-Ni
sometimes I just hate the whole internet
UPDATE: Gmail service resumed, order placed successfully with discount, and for the record, the people of Oki-Ni (specifically Lily in customer service) were extremely helpful.
Edited by GoldenTribe - 12/4/13 at 9:40ampost #87678 of 10905412/4/13 at 8:57ampost #87679 of 10905412/4/13 at 8:58ampost #87680 of 10905412/4/13 at 9:40am
Only took three phone calls today. Second time I called they cut off the connection during the department transfer.
My account shows they refunded me the charge yesterday, so this time I requested (demanded) I stay on the phone with her while she charged my card. She was reluctant to even do so questioning whether I had enough funds to do so. Nice to get blamed for their incompetence. I even springed for 2 day shipping because their ghetto customer service, needless to say, is worrying me.
Perhaps I should have my bank issue me a new card/number in anticipation of my cc info getting misplaced (stolen) at/from this Neiman store.post #87681 of 10905412/4/13 at 10:04ampost #87682 of 10905412/4/13 at 10:20ami was thinking about clothing last night, as i do most nights, and it dawned on me, if not for my work situation, and my needs to dress a certain way within my orthodox jewish community, i would probably be way more SWD than MC. i would guess a 70/30 split. and i dont mean chinos and sweater SWD, i mean legit full on SWD.post #87683 of 10905412/4/13 at 10:27amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i was thinking about clothing last night, as i do most nights, and it dawned on me, if not for my work situation, and my needs to dress a certain way within my orthodox jewish community, i would probably be way more SWD than MC. i would guess a 70/30 split. and i dont mean chinos and sweater SWD, i mean legit full on SWD.
Time to change careers :)post #87684 of 10905412/4/13 at 10:35amDang dude. That's an interesting revelation, but there's would dress that way vs desperately desire to. Hopefully it's not the latter because it sucks when life's necessities conflict with one's true desires especially in terms of expressing oneself.
You'd do great in full on sw&d and it'd be fascinating which flavor of style in that vein you gravitate towards. Your eye for matching detail/styling assuredly seems quite honed.post #87685 of 10905412/4/13 at 10:48amCool interview with David Vandewal, who works with people from Thakoon to the Gap. Worth checking out: http://www.thefashionlaw.com/interview-series-david-vandewal/post #87686 of 10905412/4/13 at 10:48ampost #87687 of 10905412/4/13 at 10:51ampost #87688 of 10905412/4/13 at 11:02am
stitches.. I don't think you need to throw out the baby with the bathwater. just starting mixing in some new things into your trad/classic stuff. blur the lines. no need to exactly follow prescribed formats -- unless your job or social group really demand it.post #87689 of 10905412/4/13 at 12:01pmthanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the compliment, abraxis.
dont get me wrong, i still love my MC gear, and i love being able to dress that way. i have no desperate desire to rid myself of that, nor do i regret in any way dressing that way. i love it.
i just mean that in a different set of circumstances, i would be more free to add another layer of dress that i think i would enjoy a lot. SWD feels more loose and free to me, and seems to allow a broader spectrum of dress, which i like a lot, and it adds a range of fun styles that really appeal to me.
i am in the process of doing what parker said, adding in some new pieces that are more SWD, from time to time, while trying to keep within the confines of what i can do, and what i feel comfortable doing, in the circumstances that are my life.
and of course, thank you to you all for all the help along the way.post #87690 of 10905412/4/13 at 12:14pmNYC Forumites:
I'm gonna be in the big city from the 21st-28th, you have any meet-ups/mixers/gang bangs planned for the month of December, sorta near Christmas time?
Also down for one-on-one meet ups. Tween? Shall we talk BMX? hhahaha
For real, PM me and give me deets!
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 38 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?