SOMETHING doesn't add up. Reveal yourself, intelligencer!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5810post #87137 of 10905311/21/13 at 8:20amQuote:
Briggs and Riley. Not fashion forward but well made. I have a carry on and it's held up well.
EDIT - just saw you're looking for checked luggage. Sorry my brain does not compute checked luggage.post #87138 of 10905311/21/13 at 8:23ampost #87139 of 10905311/21/13 at 8:23ampost #87140 of 10905311/21/13 at 8:25am
+1 on Briggs & Riley. I have the dark olive green version and really like it.
re: B&S.. I like the new single item system, and have bought and sold about the same frequency as before. However I would love to be able to search with more filters (i.e. size) and also filter out closed listings.
on aother note, a friend of mine was just commissioned to photograph Dries retrospective. so cool.post #87141 of 10905311/21/13 at 8:33ampost #87142 of 10905311/21/13 at 8:45amQuote:Quote:Quote:
I'll add to the Briggs & Riley love. Even if you have to go over your budget, you'll never buy another bag again. I don't mean you'll never buy another brand again, I mean you won't have to replace the bag. Tough as nails very well engineered.post #87143 of 10905311/21/13 at 8:59ampost #87144 of 10905311/21/13 at 9:04ampost #87145 of 10905311/21/13 at 9:21amI think they're different markets. SF B&S has a broader selection of aesthetics whereas SuFu is dominated by like one..you can move stuff there pretty quick if it fits in that category.
The average price of items there is definitely higher than here. 1-3K leathers are like the norm.post #87146 of 10905311/21/13 at 9:52ampost #87147 of 10905311/21/13 at 10:07amI was jut thinking about how I also used to check the B&S market place pretty much daily before the change, and I now check it maybe once every two weeks.
However, after thinking about it a bit more, I think this may be more of a consequence of my change in style than change in market format...B&S has a lot more entry level stuff, workwear/americana, denim and such whereas Sufu has more aggressive designer pieces that I'm looking for...post #87148 of 10905311/21/13 at 10:33amQuote:Originally Posted by shoreman1782Quote:
Oohh right that Folk jacket. Sold it years (?) ago. My inbox is full of old PMs for transaction and items I have absolutely no recollection of, scary.
I like to rant but I don't actually have a problem with the way B&S operates now (as a seller, haven't bought stuff in a while). I can move stuff ok and I'm sure some of it would go quicker if I had slightly lower asking prices but if I'm not in desperate need for cash I don't mind letting the stuff sit there for a bit (I'm often surprised at what goes first and what stays unsold for months though). I miss being able to make big threads but I can't really say that the single item system has had any negative impact on sales.
The thing that's really annoying is when you post/bump a listing and then 5 seconds later some dude bumps his 15 listings and then another one and within half an hour your stuff is already buried somewhere on page 2. Obviously I'm guilty of that too and I always feel a bit sorry about it. I try to wait if out for a bit If it's some SW&D regular's listing on top of the page because I'm a considerate asshole although I don't think it makes much difference in the end. Anyway, that's an easy fix as Fok mentioned.post #87149 of 10905311/21/13 at 10:36ampost #87150 of 10905311/21/13 at 10:38am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 50 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 3 minutes ago
- › Eight JCrew Long Sleeve Button Down Shirts - Large Slim 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › BNWOB Crockett & Jones Cottesmore Chestnut Jodhpur Boots 9.5D US/... 7 minutes ago
- › Dress boots dilema 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › Size 48 Rota Trousers 8 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...