or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5767  

post #86491 of 109053
nano broke, been using 1st gen garbage shuffle at the gym with dwindling battery, copped new shuffle and sold nano on ebay for 40 bux

god i'm lovin ebay, be sellin shit so much easier than b&s
post #86492 of 109053
So I have some good news I guess. My girl has collision coverage for her insurance. She has 3 deductibles listed on her insurance: comprehensive, collision, and additional equipment. These 3 total $2000. I'm not quite sure what the difference between the 3 are and my girlfriend figures we have to pay the 3 deductibles for this accident. The blue book value for the car selling to a private party is $10k and selling to a dealership is $8k.

She doesn't think her insurance will give her the full blue book value of her car before the accident and expects to get around $7k. What do you guys think is the fair thing to do? My friend suggested I pay her the average blue book value of her car for the private party and dealership prices which is $9k. Then she can use part of that money to pay her deductible and get whatever she can from her insurance. Do you think this is fair?

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit. Almost all of my posts are in this forum. Don't be an idiot like me, don't drive other people's cars.
post #86493 of 109053

"I don't know what is the policy for missed exams.  The policy for late homeworks is clear, but the policy for missed exams doesn't seem to be spelled out."

 

Excerpt from a student email.  Idiot.  That's clearly not going to get you very far.

post #86494 of 109053
Koy, check out Senz umbrellas!!!!
post #86495 of 109053
pay her deductible and the diff between the insurance check and 9k
post #86496 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Locksmith for an apt shouldn't cost more than 100-150 :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesealpha View Post

unless they can't pick the lock, and have to destroy it in order to get in. Also, I have the feeling that some locksmiths, in the middle of the night, charge a little extra.


This was on a Saturday at 8pm. The maintenance at her apartment didn't deem it to be an emergency. I saw a google ad for locksmith with $15 service call and $45 charge to pick most locks. Don't believe it. They came and said the lock here was too difficult and took 5 seconds drilling 2 small holes in the lock to open the door. They charged me $185 for that shit plus the service call making it $200.
post #86497 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

pay her deductible and the diff between the insurance check and 9k

Exactly this.
post #86498 of 109053
fucking ebay haggling ffffuuuu.gif
post #86499 of 109053
I don't know exactly how your relationship works and the exact details, but if I was asked to drive someone's car on a trip we were taking together and then got into an accident, I'd want to split the costs 50/50 unless it was VERY clearly 100% my fault. Things can happen while driving no matter who is at the wheel, and you were both making use of the vehicle at the time. I was in a similar situation where my ex-girlfriend dinged another car while driving mine and we split the repair costs for both vehicles between us
post #86500 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post



This was on a Saturday at 8pm. The maintenance at her apartment didn't deem it to be an emergency. I saw a google ad for locksmith with $15 service call and $45 charge to pick most locks. Don't believe it. They came and said the lock here was too difficult and took 5 seconds drilling 2 small holes in the lock to open the door. They charged me $185 for that shit plus the service call making it $200.

 

 

This is a common scam. Sorry man. I'm not trying to shovel grief upon you. It's just that I hope someone else can see this and hopefully not get scammed by this sort of bullshit as well.

 

There are very few house-locks that proper locksmiths can't pick easily.

 

If you youtube "locksmith scam" you'll find a lot of results about this.

 

Here's a good one with secret cameras:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjdK9HveoI

post #86501 of 109053
atelier closing
post #86502 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

atelier closing

whaa?
post #86503 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

So I have some good news I guess. My girl has collision coverage for her insurance. She has 3 deductibles listed on her insurance: comprehensive, collision, and additional equipment. These 3 total $2000. I'm not quite sure what the difference between the 3 are and my girlfriend figures we have to pay the 3 deductibles for this accident. The blue book value for the car selling to a private party is $10k and selling to a dealership is $8k.

She doesn't think her insurance will give her the full blue book value of her car before the accident and expects to get around $7k. What do you guys think is the fair thing to do? My friend suggested I pay her the average blue book value of her car for the private party and dealership prices which is $9k. Then she can use part of that money to pay her deductible and get whatever she can from her insurance. Do you think this is fair?

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit. Almost all of my posts are in this forum. Don't be an idiot like me, don't drive other people's cars.

What insurance? Adjusters are usually pretty friendly and fwiw I got quite a bit over KBB on my e31 although I put a lot of work in it

Also depends on how much her premium goes up, that's the biggest issue I think
post #86504 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post


whaa?

I dunno yet either, but I got a flyer from them - 50% off sale, all stock, starting tomorrow.  Nothing really that I want, but it will be interesting to find out what is the deal.  The move to the new location from their huge old digs suggests that it was a financial thing, but sometimes, the story is more complicated.  I wonder how much the encroachment of online retailing hurt them.  I mean, I understand that "human touch" thing, but it's hard to compete when other stores, including stores selling similar things, have easy to navigate webstores and click-and-buy capabilities that work 24/7.

post #86505 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

pay her deductible and the diff between the insurance check and 9k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

Exactly this.


Thanks for the advice guys. The car is actually her brother's that she drives all the time. I talked to him and we came to an agreement.

I am paying his $2k deductible and the difference between the insurance check and the blue book value of the car. Then I am having him figure out how much his premium increase will be and will pay for that. My friend said the premium will probably only go up $200 to $300 a year so I'd pay $1k to $1.5k for that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts