Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5743post #86131 of 10905411/5/13 at 11:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #86132 of 10905411/5/13 at 11:46ampost #86133 of 10905411/5/13 at 11:48ampost #86134 of 10905411/5/13 at 11:51amIs Eric Glennie still among us ?Quote:Originally Posted by el Bert
Thing is about smaller labels even samples are sold at retail, I know of a few smaller brands/designers that id be interested to see. Petar Petrov, Christian L'enfant Roi, Ute Ploeir because the production is at a smaller rate even with their in-house fabrics it'd be difficult to have them at a price that'd be viable for a large majority of the forum members. But I would definitely be open to smaller brands/labels.
True. Although I imagine the visibility and customer base offered by the forum could be an attractive selling point, especially combined with presales for future collections.post #86135 of 10905411/5/13 at 11:51ampost #86136 of 10905411/5/13 at 11:58ampost #86137 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:02pmyeah la guy should give us at least some sort of criteria or every designer ever will be on this list before the sun sets
how did viberg and geller happen? just because there was enough forum interest and the partnership felt natural?post #86138 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:15pmQuote:
Our principle is to build on and amplify forum interests, both in our editorial, and retail, strategy. We are the eyes and hands of the community. Yes, both Robert Geller and Viberg happened because there was enough interest, and the partnership felt natural. We are talking to a handful of other brands, and are in agreement in principal, and hashing out the details, to make these things happen, but obviously, until they do, I'm not going to blurt out names. We are not conventional retail, but complementary to conventional retail, and the way we do things doesn't tread on retailer's toes. There have been a few good examples of this working really well in womenswear, but we are obviously not nearly as well capitalized. As usual, we do things in the trenches.
No criteria, other than that you'd be interested in buying stuff from the designers. It would be nice to hear whether you'd be interested in sample sales, presales, or both, though.post #86139 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:16pmpost #86140 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:23pmWhat's lncc's ebay id again?Quote:
Just to clarify, does "sample sale" cover "stuff that didn't sell last season" or just literal sample ("non-production"?) items?
And does presale, obv. full-price, necessitate a runway show or something like that? I don't mean to imply one exclusive to SF, but is this about picking desired items out of a presentation of looks, or is it more simply buying before seeing as in the Viberg instance?post #86141 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
Gotcha! I'd guess most SWDers' wallets would benefit from more sample sales, but as sipang said above, presales would work well with brands that are difficult to find online. What brands are more likely than others to have samples lying around?
Now that I think of it, a Siki Im presale would be pretty sweet. We've talked about how fewer and fewer online stockists carry him.post #86142 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:31pmpost #86143 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:38pmpost #86144 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:44pmpost #86145 of 10905411/5/13 at 12:51pmthrowing logistics and reason out the window, b!cd would like to buy cheap samples from the following designers:
1. Poeme Bohemien
2. Christophe Lemaire
3. Viridi Anne/ Devoa
8. Forme/ L&F/ LeU/ etc
10. any other vaguely futurist, minimalist, or slightly dark designer that's accumulated sf hype and/or is carried by the likes of antonioli or h lorenzo.
Edited by Bam!ChairDance - 11/5/13 at 1:05pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › LEMAIRE 1 minute ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?