Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5743
Styleforum Top Picks
Thing is about smaller labels even samples are sold at retail, I know of a few smaller brands/designers that id be interested to see. Petar Petrov, Christian L'enfant Roi, Ute Ploeir because the production is at a smaller rate even with their in-house fabrics it'd be difficult to have them at a price that'd be viable for a large majority of the forum members. But I would definitely be open to smaller brands/labels.
True. Although I imagine the visibility and customer base offered by the forum could be an attractive selling point, especially combined with presales for future collections.
Our principle is to build on and amplify forum interests, both in our editorial, and retail, strategy. We are the eyes and hands of the community. Yes, both Robert Geller and Viberg happened because there was enough interest, and the partnership felt natural. We are talking to a handful of other brands, and are in agreement in principal, and hashing out the details, to make these things happen, but obviously, until they do, I'm not going to blurt out names. We are not conventional retail, but complementary to conventional retail, and the way we do things doesn't tread on retailer's toes. There have been a few good examples of this working really well in womenswear, but we are obviously not nearly as well capitalized. As usual, we do things in the trenches.
No criteria, other than that you'd be interested in buying stuff from the designers. It would be nice to hear whether you'd be interested in sample sales, presales, or both, though.
Just to clarify, does "sample sale" cover "stuff that didn't sell last season" or just literal sample ("non-production"?) items?
And does presale, obv. full-price, necessitate a runway show or something like that? I don't mean to imply one exclusive to SF, but is this about picking desired items out of a presentation of looks, or is it more simply buying before seeing as in the Viberg instance?
Gotcha! I'd guess most SWDers' wallets would benefit from more sample sales, but as sipang said above, presales would work well with brands that are difficult to find online. What brands are more likely than others to have samples lying around?
Now that I think of it, a Siki Im presale would be pretty sweet. We've talked about how fewer and fewer online stockists carry him.
1. Poeme Bohemien
2. Christophe Lemaire
3. Viridi Anne/ Devoa
8. Forme/ L&F/ LeU/ etc
10. any other vaguely futurist, minimalist, or slightly dark designer that's accumulated sf hype and/or is carried by the likes of antonioli or h lorenzo.
Edited by Bam!ChairDance - 11/5/13 at 1:05pm
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 18 seconds ago
- › relationship problem solution in mumbai +91-9166647583 35 seconds ago
- › relationship problem solution in qatar. +91-9166647583 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › relationship problem solution in poland. +91-9166647583 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9166647583 husband wife disputes solution in albania 3 minutes ago
- › +91-9166647583 husband wife disputes solution in newzeland 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...