or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5738

post #86056 of 102478
Ghesquiere to LV officially.
post #86057 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

My parents definitely have not taught me anything about credit, and I'm pretty sure my mom was in major debt when she was younger due to overspending on multiple CCs

CC talk makes some sense in a forum dedicated to buying ultra expensive luxury goods, especially when a number of the members are successful professionals who have something to contribute to the subject

This is so perfect, it's like you were reading my mind.

Guys, the advice is free to take or leave. Not everyone's parents taught them all the right moves in life. Not everyone's parents were even there, or cared enough to talk about "grown up" things. Some of you guys might be surprised to learn that the advice a few people may read here might impact their lives in a greatly positive manner.
post #86058 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

My parents definitely have not taught me anything about credit, and I'm pretty sure my mom was in major debt when she was younger due to overspending on multiple CCs

CC talk makes some sense in a forum dedicated to buying ultra expensive luxury goods, especially when a number of the members are successful professionals who have something to contribute to the subject

+1
post #86059 of 102478
As a business professional, I love giving advice.
post #86060 of 102478
As said before, No Frills is the man. Goddamn. For his wife's birthday, he buys her an iPad Air (meh) and a "new case" which happened to be a Birkin.
post #86061 of 102478
Blue de Prusse is a nice color, too. I would have preferred monotone, but it's not my Birkin to gift.
post #86062 of 102478
Previous gift of Daytona > this year's gift, but they're not my gifts to receive. foo.gif
post #86063 of 102478
lulz
post #86064 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

As a business professional, I love giving advice, for a fee.

Ftfy
post #86065 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

Here's a RFT.  I had to kill some time in Bloomingdales a few weeks back so I checked out the men's section.  They have this area dedicated to Sandro with like, Sandro brand ambassador employees that only focus on that brand.  I was poking around and the guy stops me to talk about a knit or whatever, then he asks me where I'm from.

I have no accent or anything so I'm just like "uh... here?" and he acts all surprised and says he "doesn't know anybody from New York that wears shoes like that."  I was wearing my Balenciaga sneakers so I tell him they're just old Balenciagas, and I'm standing there shaking my head thinking, "you know, the brand who makes the shoes your brand is explicitly ripping off with the pairs lined up right next to you that you're supposed to be intimately familiar with."

I wouldn't expect any more, so I'm not holding it against him, but it just really further divided in my head how removed Bloomingdales is from any other department store that carries designer clothing.  It's still catering to a very specific crowd that still wants to buy John Varvatos or Theory I guess, if he has somehow never encountered anyone from New York that would wear shoes on a "CP" sole.

Mildly related but I was checking the designer area in sf bloomingdales last month and sa commented on my shoes (birks chocolate suede clog sandals) and we started talking about some brands, turned out he also works at unionmade and was into eg/junya/ts(s)/etc, first decent convo with sa in any major store ever, usually find those sa chit chats very frustrating and awkward.
post #86066 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

This is so perfect, it's like you were reading my mind.

Guys, the advice is free to take or leave. Not everyone's parents taught them all the right moves in life. Not everyone's parents were even there, or cared enough to talk about "grown up" things. Some of you guys might be surprised to learn that the advice a few people may read here might impact their lives in a greatly positive manner.

What fucking advice though? I have credit cards and a line of credit. I'm not in debt and don't use CC because there's no money in my account but cause it is convenient. Hey kids get a credit card but akways pay it at the end of the month!! Oh and try to make money, your finances will be better if you're ballin. Ok wow, that was some amazing advice.
post #86067 of 102478
was trying to make a decision between mmm og his and mids, and by the time i had decided they were both gone censored.gif
remember kids when in doubt, kop.
post #86068 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post


They're offering commentary like others are able to do but I don't see their commentary as being of a different and superior nature, hence to be privileged. The articulate ones usually have a better ability to be received in a positive light but that is not the same thing.

LAGuy: We're quick to put forward statements done through language versus visual/aural/etc expression but that is our own bias. It makes sense that someone working in music would express themselves better using that medium than writing. I'm leaving aside a purely linguistic problematic (language constantly referring to language and not to "reality").

You are willing something to be, that is not.  Their commentary is of a different nature - they have an audience.  They are, whether they like it or not, public figures.

post #86069 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

What fucking advice though? I have credit cards and a line of credit. I'm not in debt and don't use CC because there's no money in my account but cause it is convenient. Hey kids get a credit card but akways pay it at the end of the month!! Oh and try to make money, your finances will be better if you're ballin. Ok wow, that was some amazing advice.

the benefit of opening a CC to develop credit history, and long-term need for that credit history isn't an obvious thing to do if you've got 0 exposure to credit (for whatever reason)

it's also kind of amazing sometimes how bold folks are to present certain 'facts' as givens based solely on their own experience...ironic too given the comparable ignorance it displays
post #86070 of 102478
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

You are willing something to be, that is not.  Their commentary is of a different nature - they have an audience.  They are, whether they like it or not, public figures.

Others=maybe journalist, art critics, writers whatever. Commentary should be read as public or at least shared within the circle discussing the topic at hand. I'm basically crashing through open doors though, what I am saying is what everyone in art criticism thinks right now and has for a while so it's not like I am doing a bold intellectual gesture. The only domain where I regularly see creators explained through their biography and understood through their own comments is fashion, which says a lot about the seriousness and rigor of fashion criticism.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts