Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5732post #85966 of 10905411/2/13 at 9:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #85967 of 10905411/3/13 at 8:04ampost #85968 of 10905411/3/13 at 8:18amQuote:Originally Posted by zapatiste
Whether she's intelligent or not is unrelated to the fact that there is a fan base and eager media ready to consume every empty statement.
This is strange to hear aren't you commissioning the interview of every designer appreciated around here ? I think it's useless, personally, for the very reasons you've elaborated ....
I specifically tell the writers to ask them about their ideas about design and about the business of fashion. These are things with which designers are intimately familiar. I steer clear of subjects like philosophy and world politics.post #85969 of 10905411/3/13 at 8:41ampost #85970 of 10905411/3/13 at 11:23ampost #85971 of 10905411/3/13 at 1:00pm
nothing in particular, though outerwear comes to mindQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
It's possible that she's just not that intelligent. Above average intellect is not a prerequisite for being a good designer.
Don't back down. I agree with you that her statement is just whackadoodle. It doesn't take away from the fact that she is a very gifted designer. I think that a SZ level investment in the designer as "someone who has something to say" is naive. Clothes are clothes. The people who make make them well are good at making clothes. Doesn't mean that they have any particular talent in anything else. Do you expect that a great violinist is going to tell you the secrets of life? Does David's Beckham's "football intelligence" imply in any way that you should make him your spiritual guide?
I hear ya. I was exaggerating though. I actually didn't think it was that bad. Didn't sound too philosophical to me, mostly just about her personal process. It did get a bit cheesy, saying nothing new can come from a situation that doesn't involve suffering, and that's where I rolled my eyes.post #85972 of 10905411/3/13 at 2:50pmdid anyone on here grab the grey sz 36 barena blazer off yoox?! (http://www.yoox.com/us/41374951CW/item?dept=#cod10=&sizeId=) Let me know if so, I was going to grab it when i got paid this weekpost #85973 of 10905411/3/13 at 2:59pmpost #85974 of 10905411/3/13 at 3:12pm
i second the idea of introducing mikey to the pleasures of debt
as long as you pay off that ish within a few months and don't spend too much more than you would without the card, you won't be too far subsumed beneath the ocean of interestpost #85975 of 10905411/3/13 at 3:12pmpost #85976 of 10905411/3/13 at 3:16pmpost #85977 of 10905411/3/13 at 3:18pmpost #85978 of 10905411/3/13 at 3:18pmIf you know that you're going to have proceeds soon then why not leverage with a CC first to make a purchase knowing you will pay it off on due date? You just have to be responsible and have a bit of planning. You need to start building a credit history anyways.post #85979 of 10905411/3/13 at 3:32pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 960 Active Users (124 Members and 836 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 31 minutes ago
- › Edward Green (UK6 1/2E) Westminster 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?