or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5720  

post #85786 of 109053

Maybe I just don't have the proper footwear then.  Here are mine w/ black&white

 

Photo 3 of 66

post #85787 of 109053
My GF threw a GBV flannel in the dryer and now it's too small. This is a serious test of our relationship...

...on the plus side, I'll be tagging along with her for a conference in Chicago next spring, which means hanging out at Horween, buying up remnants and shell seconds!
Edited by zissou - 10/29/13 at 9:55am
post #85788 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

Coincidentally I'm also wearing navy, gray, and camo as well as rug pattern Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/1b/1b692b26_MonroCamo004.jpeg

I wear burgundy with navy/grey as well, looks good, is that b+ camo under cord blazer?
post #85789 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post


I wear burgundy with navy/grey as well, looks good, is that b+ camo under cord blazer?

 

 

Thanks, the jacket is cotton ripstop, so, no I don't think it's what you're thinking of.

post #85790 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

My GF threw a GBV flannel in the dryer and now it's too small. This is a serious test of our relationship...

...on the plus side, I'll be tagging along with her for a conference in Chicago next spring, which means hanging out at Horween, buying up remnants and shell seconds!

You own a Guided by Voices flannel?
post #85791 of 109053
post #85792 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

Thanks, the jacket is cotton ripstop, so, no I don't think it's what you're thinking of.
I was thinking of this one (but I see now that the pattern on yours is smaller and more clearly visible).



Edited by canstyleace - 10/29/13 at 3:18pm
post #85793 of 109053
Yikes. That jacket just looks dirty.
post #85794 of 109053
lol yeah the camo pattern is weird, kinda has a fade/washed out effect due to being printed on the base fabric and not directly on the cord, sideways it just looks olive but strait up front the pattern shows through kinda subtlety depending on lighting, hard to get decent pics of it tbh.



Edited by canstyleace - 10/31/13 at 11:07am
post #85795 of 109053

^   I've always liked the Miharayasuhiro camo suit… the one in your avatar.

post #85796 of 109053
It's one of my grails and its actually the fadeout pow suit, not the fadeout camo, same season and pic model.
the pics make the camo look better but I found the opposite to be the case as pic angle and lighting are deceiving and camo is too present up front and tone is a bit too bright and contrasting, pow is better balanced imho.
miharayasuhirofadeoutpowsuit_zpsd6d7d604.jpeg
miharayasuhirofadeoutcamosuit_zpsb80400e8.jpeg
Edited by canstyleace - 10/29/13 at 3:09pm
post #85797 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Blue sneakers? Meh. They're like the burgundy pants of footwear.
If you're looking for hi-tops, I'd suggest looking for something else to get your fix—there's better looking stuff out there. As for comfort, it really just depends on the shoe. This has become standard advice in the past few years, but it bears mentioning that you might want to futz around with Yoox if you haven't yet: the shipping/return policy is great, so you can try some different things on and just send back whatever you don't want.
but, what if I like burgundy pants?! shog[1].gif Actually I find them pretty useful as a color. To me a dark red is almost a fall staple color. I assume you mean that blue shoes are basically a try-hard hipsterific GQish trendy look? I don't really follow the trends. Is a blue leather/suede shoe like some sort of current trend? My question was more around is it a versatile color to those of you who own it. Blue Jeans / Navy pants are almost beyond questionable, and a blue shirt wouldn't get a second look, so why would shoes of the same color? I'm just picturing the same pants and inverting the top (shirt) and bottom (shoes) colors...

Thanks for the Yoox suggestion. I'm not in the USA so shipping back is expensive/difficult plus might get hit with duties, and have pretty tricky feet. I at least know the low W+H fit me and that's a small miracle.
Also does it matter if they're on sale for $200?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

It means that they belong to an insecure owner. confused.gif
really? really?! is this like the I'm so secure with my sexuality that I'm going to do something gay sort of argument? Like you think guys who are afraid of standing out intentionally try to to get attention to prove they're not insecure sort of thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

couldn't have said it better myself, that is, unless i've said this before
pfft, stick to baller knits Jetson
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

My blue patent CP mids are awesome, I don't know what you guys are on about blue shoes. Those W+Hs though, are pretty meh.
specifics? Color, stitching, shape, price, etc? Thanks.
Like I said I have a lot of trouble even finding something that fits let along looks acceptable. I trust the community's opinion to some extent
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Nothing exactly you just can only really wear them with black.  I like my margiela ones.
I don't think so... I wear burgundy/plum kind of pants all the time. Matches great with a ton of top colors and for footwear it's pretty easy too. I go with white, mid grey, brown, navy, actually the only color shoes I don't wear them with is black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

I wear burgundy with navy/grey as well, looks good, is that b+ camo under cord blazer?
post #85798 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

but, what if I like burgundy pants?! shog[1].gif Actually I find them pretty useful as a color. To me a dark red is almost a fall staple color. I assume you mean that blue shoes are basically a try-hard hipsterific GQish trendy look? I don't really follow the trends. Is a blue leather/suede shoe like some sort of current trend? My question was more around is it a versatile color to those of you who own it. Blue Jeans / Navy pants are almost beyond questionable, and a blue shirt wouldn't get a second look, so why would shoes of the same color? I'm just picturing the same pants and inverting the top (shirt) and bottom (shoes) colors...

Papal indulgences should only be preached with caution, lest people gain a wrong understanding, and think that they are preferable to other good works: those of love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Thanks for the Yoox suggestion. I'm not in the USA so shipping back is expensive/difficult plus might get hit with duties, and have pretty tricky feet. I at least know the low W+H fit me and that's a small miracle.
Christians should be taught that the pope does not at all intend that the purchase of indulgences should be understood as at all comparable with the works of mercy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Also does it matter if they're on sale for $200?
Christians should be taught that one who gives to the poor, or lends to the needy, does a better action than if he purchases indulgences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

really? really?! is this like the I'm so secure with my sexuality that I'm going to do something gay sort of argument? Like you think guys who are afraid of standing out intentionally try to to get attention to prove they're not insecure sort of thing

Because, by works of love, love grows and a man becomes a better man; whereas, by indulgences, he does not become a better man, but only escapes certain penalties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

pfft, stick to baller knits Jetson
Christians should be taught that he who sees a needy person, but passes him by although he gives money for indulgences, gains no benefit from the pope's pardon, but only incurs the wrath of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

specifics? Color, stitching, shape, price, etc? Thanks.

Christians should be taught that, unless they have more than they need, they are bound to retain what is only necessary for the upkeep of their home, and should in no way squander it on indulgences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Like I said I have a lot of trouble even finding something that fits let along looks acceptable. I trust the community's opinion to some extent

Christians should be taught that they purchase indulgences voluntarily, and are not under obligation to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

I don't think so... I wear burgundy/plum kind of pants all the time. Matches great with a ton of top colors and for footwear it's pretty easy too. I go with white, mid grey, brown, navy, actually the only color shoes I don't wear them with is black.

Christians should be taught that, in granting indulgences, the pope has more need, and more desire, for devout prayer on his own behalf than for ready money.
post #85799 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

but, what if I like burgundy pants?! shog[1].gif Actually I find them pretty useful as a color. To me a dark red is almost a fall staple color. I assume you mean that blue shoes are basically a try-hard hipsterific GQish trendy look? I don't really follow the trends. Is a blue leather/suede shoe like some sort of current trend? My question was more around is it a versatile color to those of you who own it. Blue Jeans / Navy pants are almost beyond questionable, and a blue shirt wouldn't get a second look, so why would shoes of the same color? I'm just picturing the same pants and inverting the top (shirt) and bottom (shoes) colors...

Re-reading my post, I can see how what I wrote gives off the impression that I don't like burgundy trousers and blue sneakers. It has nothing to do with trends (I don't think I see people wearing those items very often). Mostly I just think that it's very easy to wind up with a bland outfit unless you manage to do a kickass job of layering (cf. c4est above).
Quote:
Also does it matter if they're on sale for $200?

It's your money, so it's up to you whether that means they're "worth it." I just happen not to not like those sneakers very much—if I were to get some blue suede hi-tops, I'd either go all out and get the vintage Common Projects, or I'd just get some Pro-Keds for cheap (if they still make the style I'm thinking of)
post #85800 of 109053
here's some random fashion news for you, via http://www.thedailybeast.com/fashion.html

Kanye West Slams Louis Vuitton: Kanye West spoke out against Louis Vuitton during a radio interview with Los Angeles's Power 106 on Monday. He criticized the luxury label for its extremely high prices and said if he “had the opportunity to design for Louis Vuitton now I wouldn’t.” West once called himself the "Louis Vuitton Don" in his debut album College Dropout -- and then went on to collaborate with Vuitton in 2009 for a sneaker collection which ranged in price from $840 to $1,140. In 2012, he worked with Guiseppe Zanotti and released a pair of shoes retailing at $5,800. During the interview, he also said that he does not “totally agree with what H&M and Zara does” either, but appreciates their efforts to be creative without breaking the bank. West collaborated with A.P.C. earlier this year on a capsule collection of t-shirts, hoodies and jeans, mostly under $300, which sold out within a few hours of its release. [TMZ]

...

Calvin Klein to Design Drake's Tour Wardrobe: Rapper Drake announced that Calvin Klein will be designing the outfits for his world tour, which is called..."Would You Like a Tour?" Italo Zucchelli, men's creative director at the brand, has been working on "three unique capsule collections for the rapper" that include a hoodie based on Calvin Klein's Spring/Summer 2014 blue sky pattern, a fully-denim ensemble, and one that features "innovative fabrics with neon details and reflective accents." Zuccheli announced his admiration for the rapper. “I love Drake -- he is very talented and I like his effortless attitude in terms of his style and music.” [WWD]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts