or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5710  

post #85636 of 109053

Mr. Porter's stylists seem to default to "pair it with khakis for a relaxed but stylish weekend look" whenever they run up against a brand that doesn't fit neatly into any one category,  Case in point, these awesome Marsell boots:

 

post #85637 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

also can someone find me a good chunky turtleneck like that bastard bert's coppens? i saw the others and i dont want a seafaring variant thanks

Andersen-Andersen, albam has a Stevenage at the moment.
post #85638 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Mr. Porter's stylists seem to default to "pair it with khakis for a relaxed but stylish weekend look" whenever they run up against a brand that doesn't fit neatly into any one category,  Case in point, these awesome Marsell boots:



tough to fuck up a fit with black boots, but that looks like a solid miss

speaking of, have been looking but don't like any of the new season marsell boots, so might need to settle for guidi 995s for some basic black lace ups
post #85639 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Crushin on some balmain bikers but for the same price I could get a krug clos du mesnil, a flight to Monaco and a meal at Louis xv, or a pre phylloxera 1954 laberdolive.

Monaco sucks, dunno what pre phylloxera is and unless you are a master sommelier you could drink cheap white dyed red in a Krug bottle and have the same appreciation, as research amply shows. All of these things are, of course, better buys than Balmain anyway.
post #85640 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

It's French for steak if I remember correctly, so my guess would be meathead.

Around its also slang for fake drugs.

Boeuf is french for steak, "English" kings having been basically french for hundreds of years, the English language heavily borrowed from french (and not the other way around). Peasants would call the animal ox and lords woulds call the meat boeuf, so beef integrated the English language.

Beauf is beau-frère (brother-in-law) abbreviated and is used to designate a working class moron, you know beer (usually 86 in a can, a favourite of my circle of friends), football, racism and beating your wife. Because of its classicist connotations I know many people who purposefully adopt beauf interests (especially football), in fact So foot is a french hipster-football magazine, to give you an idea they also publish So film (about cinema).
post #85641 of 109053
Jet I refuse to abet your knit addiction
post #85642 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post


Beauf is beau-frère (brother-in-law) abbreviated and is used to designate a working class moron, you know beer (usually 86 in a can, a favourite of my circle of friends), football, racism and beating your wife. Because of its classicist connotations I know many people who purposefully adopt beauf interests (especially football), in fact So foot is a french hipster-football magazine, to give you an idea they also publish So film (about cinema).

Et il s'appelle Régis.
post #85643 of 109053

Jet and Jil

Went up the hill

To fetch some baller knitwear

post #85644 of 109053
jet why do you want a barbour? it's almost a necessity in England but the waxed fabric doesn't breathe at all, on a warm day it creates an unpleasant 'personal sauna' effect. would be a nightmare in LA i think
post #85645 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

It's French for steak if I remember correctly, so my guess would be meathead.

Around its also slang for fake drugs.

Boeuf is french for steak, "English" kings having been basically french for hundreds of years, the English language heavily borrowed from french (and not the other way around). Peasants would call the animal ox and lords woulds call the meat boeuf, so beef integrated the English language.

Beauf is beau-frère (brother-in-law) abbreviated and is used to designate a working class moron, you know beer (usually 86 in a can, a favourite of my circle of friends), football, racism and beating your wife. Because of its classicist connotations I know many people who purposefully adopt beauf interests (especially football), in fact So foot is a french hipster-football magazine, to give you an idea they also publish So film (about cinema).

I wasn't far off on neither meaning or "meaning".
post #85646 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoffice View Post

Jet I refuse to abet your knit addiction

lol8[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresailors View Post

Jet and Jil
Went up the hill
To fetch some baller knitwear

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post

jet why do you want a barbour? it's almost a necessity in England but the waxed fabric doesn't breathe at all, on a warm day it creates an unpleasant 'personal sauna' effect. would be a nightmare in LA i think

i don't know I've been having flashes of incorporating some english country gentleman in the city, want a olive bedale nothing that screams steve mcqueen.

Listed my iphone 5 before I went to bed with a buy it now and woke up with it sold fistbump.gif
post #85647 of 109053
Just got my response back from my Early Binding Application to Duke Law....Waitlisted. Not sure how I feel about it
post #85648 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Just got my response back from my Early Binding Application to Duke Law....Waitlisted. Not sure how I feel about it

So...in other words, Duke wants you to bound to it, but it doesn't necessarily want to be bound to you.
post #85649 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

So...in other words, Duke wants you to bound to it, but it doesn't necessarily want to be bound to you.

Actually, cool thing is WL releases me from the bind, so now I'm free to see how things play out and review offers from the other 14 schools I applied to
post #85650 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Actually, cool thing is WL releases me from the bind, so now I'm free to see how things play out and review offers from the other 14 schools I applied to

Are you planning on working in Portland when you graduate?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts