It is with Iceland air. Direct flight only 7 hours. Every time I watch a travel show on it I'm impressed with the scenery. Would seem to be a good opportunity to go.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5707post #85592 of 10905310/24/13 at 6:36amQuote:Jil Sander Departing Namesake Brand
By Luisa Zargani
October 24, 2013
MILAN—Third time is not the charm.
Designer Jil Sander is leaving her namesake brand for the third time for personal reasons, the house said Thursday. Her last collection was for spring-summer 2014. The fall-winter 2014 collection will be designed by the brand's in-house team.
Sander returned to the house at the end of February 2012 after an eight-year absence, marking her third comeback with the label. Sander, who succeeded Raf Simons, the brand's creative director since 2005, founded her namesake house in Hamburg, Germany, in 1968. She sold 75 percent of her company to Prada Group in 1999, and made a highly publicized exit a year later. She returned in May 2003 but left again shortly afterward.
The brand changed hands two more times during Simons' tenure. Change Capital Parnters acquired the brand from Prada in February 2006 and sold it to Japan's Onward Holdings two years later.
Jil Sander chief exectuive Alessandro Cremonesi said: "On behalf of the group I want to thank Jil Sander for her remarkable contribution to the brand over this period. Her outstanding design and creative leadership have been crucial in reinforcing the brand and positioning it to foster further prosperous growth”.post #85593 of 10905310/24/13 at 7:00ampost #85594 of 10905310/24/13 at 7:03am
I can't stop thinking about these either (or posting about the apparently). If you want to PM me your waist size I can let you know if/when I run across a pair for you in my searches.
I'm a 30 +/- a size if anybody sees a pair for mepost #85595 of 10905310/24/13 at 7:08amQuote:
it still hurts just to think about that rejection. gonna go listen to some Jeff Healey Band and cry it out.
so with Jil leaving, the big question is who takes over next. any guesses?post #85596 of 10905310/24/13 at 7:09ampost #85597 of 10905310/24/13 at 7:22ampost #85598 of 10905310/24/13 at 7:37ampost #85599 of 10905310/24/13 at 8:04ampost #85600 of 10905310/24/13 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
Has anybody seen the landing page for the NY Times this morning? It's a pretty novel marketing idea.
Blame the owner not the dog. Most dogs, though there are always exceptions, only behave as well as their trained to behave. Stick a bunch of plastic forks into their yard instead. Have it spell out, "Train your dog!".
Agreed wholeheartedly. The kneejerk reaction is against the dog, but clearly everyone else in the neighborhood is capable of training their dogs to STFU.post #85601 of 10905310/24/13 at 9:35ampost #85602 of 10905310/24/13 at 9:45ampost #85603 of 10905310/24/13 at 9:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
[B]Action movies have become much more self-aware of their "over-the-topness" and as a result they're much more tongue in cheek.[/B] Movies like Machete and Shoot 'em Up come to mind. Also, what about a movie like The Dark Knight. That's pretty much an action movie and, I would argue, much better than either Predator or First Blood.
Edit: I'd also probably throw in there anything Tarantino's done since 2000.
I would really like an action movie to be played straight again. You have to go to Hong Kong for that these days.post #85604 of 10905310/24/13 at 10:16ampost #85605 of 10905310/24/13 at 10:30am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The perfect shirt: English (Jermyn Street/Saville Row) vs Italian... 6 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 47 seconds ago
- › Chester Mox Appreciation Thread -- Bespoke, Ready-Made, and MTO... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...