Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5696post #85426 of 10905310/20/13 at 7:54pmpost #85427 of 10905310/20/13 at 8:01pm
19cm doesn't seem very full cut, toasty. seems fine for slim soles.
generally I like slim profile shoes with narrow pants, and chunky shoes with wider pants. but there's always exceptions. e.g. a beefy longwing or boot can look good with narrow pants or jeans. kinda depends on the style you're going for too.post #85428 of 10905310/20/13 at 8:08pmYeah I am use to 18cm but realize it does not do me any favors, so, I consider anything less tapered "fuller cut." Thanks for sharing! Certainly makes my decision easier to try it out.
I realized I don't own a black matte pair of footwear aside from some black cap toe for work.post #85429 of 10905310/20/13 at 8:12pmpost #85430 of 10905310/20/13 at 9:27pmpost #85431 of 10905310/20/13 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
19cm doesn't seem very full cut, toasty. seems fine for slim soles.
generally I like slim profile shoes with narrow pants, and chunky shoes with wider pants. but there's always exceptions. e.g. a beefy longwing or boot can look good with narrow pants or jeans. kinda depends on the style you're going for too.
I think that it's even more than that. Dark shoes with dark pants is quite different than a lighter colored, contrasting shoe, or a dark sneaker with a contrasting sole, or a light sneaker with a light sole. It also depends on the weight and drape of the pants. The same hem in a 18 ounce dark denim is going to look very different than in a lightweight worsted wool. And again, you can be going for a very balanced look, or for a deliberately unbalanced look. And of course, some guys can do some things that other guys just can't. I've seen some dudes do very slim shoes with really baggy jeans, and look great, in completely different ways. One guy is a huge guy - 6'3" and really V-shaped and muscular. The other dude is much smaller, so much so that the jeans looked very oversized, like trousers cut in the 1920s. I tried it, and despite getting some (genuine) compliments, I still felt stupid. So after a few hours, I changed, and that never happened again.
While guidelines are useful as just that, at the end of the day, you'll have to look in the mirror and see if it works for you.post #85432 of 10905310/20/13 at 9:45pm
IIRC you tend to wear pants fairly loose in the thigh and seat, which is probably accentuating the carrot effect of a relatively smaller hem.
I don't think there's anything I wear regularly over 6.5" due to my small build and odd proportions. Like LA Guy said, it really all depends on how you're built.post #85433 of 10905310/20/13 at 9:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
Not sure how close by you need, but The Dutch is near.
Mission Chinese is so good, and recently reopened after being shut down by DOH for some pretty nasty violations.
Meh - seems like very typical Chinese food issues. I've never had The Dutch, but the stuff sounds tasty. I guess I'm also looking for places where they would do delivery or at least take out as well. Maybe I'll just get a bunch of stuff from 'Wichcraft" delivered for the afternoon, though I do like the idea of people trying on suede shoes while eating fried chicken.Quote:
It's a godsend in San Francisco, where no one delivers past a 2 block radius, and that includes not great pizza places. In NYC, that's not such a big deal, but in San Francisco, it's really huge.post #85434 of 10905310/20/13 at 9:56pmTrue. I am talking about light weight wool trousers that are airy and can give an illusion of fullness from hips down. I just want to continue the silhouette and not aiming for anything grunge or punk with thick soles r platforms. Soft round toe and non contrasting soles. I was looking at some DVN shoes but it has a brown midsole and lug soles. Another pair is the CL side zip boot but the sole is one layer of leather, thinner than say guidi and the toebox is flat (suppose to be reference to the 60s). Then there's a pair of Alfred Sargent for Surface to Air that is really interesting. It is like Kent Wangs plain toe black oxford.
I was also interested in NMWA boot selection but sole seems really long. Anything over 30cm is a bit clown like on me I think.post #85435 of 10905310/20/13 at 9:58pm
yeah agree with LA Guy. you can also wear the same pair of shoes with diff width pants for a diff visual effect. in the end it's just what looks good.
since I have short legs, I watch out that my shoes don't appear too long.. so things stay relatively proportionate.post #85436 of 10905310/20/13 at 10:13pmI like it when my shoes are disproportionate / ugly.
All chinese food should periodically fall health inspections because fuck the city man.
someone in toronto deliver to me dandan noodles from chinese traditional bun on dundas?post #85437 of 10905310/20/13 at 11:01pmpost #85438 of 10905310/20/13 at 11:08pmSomeone needs to put together a gif of the PNP model making that same half-confused-half-disgusted face as he cycles through all the different outfits.
call on meeeeeeee call on me. call on meeeeeeee call on me. call on meeeeeeee call on me. call on meeeeeeeeeee call on mepost #85439 of 10905310/21/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
yoox's customer service is great! and over the years the site has become steadily less automat like. between the editorials, visual design, etc, it seems like they're trying to give the site more of a human touch. of course the product shots and descriptions that make Yoox so magical haven't changed.
Hmm I feel their responses are as automat like as ever. I recently received a jacket from a different brand than what I ordered (it should have been Helmut Lang, but was actually a Chinese counterfeit brand named "Helmut-L"), so i sent them a message with a photo of the label tag, and this was their reply:Quote:We are sorry to inform you that we were unable to accurately evaluate the problem you found with the product using the photo you sent us.
Therefore we kindly ask you to send us a clearer photo and, if possible, a brief description of the damage.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
After no less than 6 messages back and forth I got all my money back though.post #85440 of 10905310/21/13 at 3:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Babar
Hmm I feel their responses are as automat like as ever. I recently received a jacket from a different brand than what I ordered (it should have been Helmut Lang, but was actually a Chinese counterfeit brand named "Helmut-L"), so i sent them a message with a photo of the label tag, and this was their reply:
After no less than 6 messages back and forth I got all my money back though.
Just return. I have contacted yoox customer service few times and have nothing but good things to say about it.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 seconds ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain knitwear 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding