I have friends joke and a girl thought I was gay, in a small Pennsylvania town were plaid & boots are the norm I'm the outcast in a button up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5639post #84571 of 1090539/29/13 at 9:16ampost #84572 of 1090539/29/13 at 9:20ampost #84573 of 1090539/29/13 at 9:22ampost #84574 of 1090539/29/13 at 9:25ampost #84575 of 1090539/29/13 at 10:15ampost #84576 of 1090539/29/13 at 10:33ampost #84577 of 1090539/29/13 at 10:38ampost #84578 of 1090539/29/13 at 10:57amQuote:
Uncle's boyfriend who works at Armani often wears black tux shirt with black jeans. Looks pretty awesome.post #84579 of 1090539/29/13 at 11:21amQuote:
Synth referenced it, but I like to wear the bibed ones by themselves with dark denim, but shirts like these winged dinner ones, I like to wear under jackets. An example is I took a suit and replaced the jacket with viscose 5Zip. I think it is a nice look, I despise ties...not because of the look but the way it feels around my neck, so I never wear them with shirts they are supposed to be worn withpost #84580 of 1090539/29/13 at 11:33ampost #84581 of 1090539/29/13 at 11:35amQuote:
Too many variables, but I think it could work. "Funky" blazers w. jeans throws up all kinds of red flags, so if this part isn't solid, a tux shirt won't help. I could see Platypus pull this off spectacularly, but he kills everything always.
Most tux shirts have really stiff collars and will look like pterodactyl wings unbuttoned. If you don't own studs, the buttons will just look like buttons. French cuffs are always dope though. I don't know shit about the appropriateness of wing collars and pleated fronts, but it could be great.
I've got a deep blue 1-button tuxedo jacket with patterned satin lapels that I'll wear with black tux pants with the stripe down the side. Thin sweatshirt or cashmere sweater underneath. I like it.post #84582 of 1090539/29/13 at 11:38amQuote:Originally Posted by thewho13
Kanye gets a lot of flack for what's basically just an acute case of serious egotism. As far as I can guess, he has not yet: hit a woman, shot anybody, evaded his taxes, scammed the American public out of billions of dollars, or spilled an outrageous amount of petroleum into the ocean and thus harming the environment and our precious aquatic life. Sure he throws tantrums, but Beethoven would often go into drunken flights of rage which is probably worse I'm sure. (And before anyone here suggests we not compare the cultural value of those two, how many people actually listen to Beethoven today and consider him relevant?) I'm not fond of Kanye's lyrics about women, nor do I like the big ego shit, but I think it's a little silly that he gets singled out as some big stupid, awful clown.
Meanwhile we still pay homage to plenty of dudes who have done some awful shit and no one blinks.
However there is a problem of categorization here, Beethoven was an artist, Kanye is an entertainer.post #84583 of 1090539/29/13 at 11:45amThere are about a thousand problems of argumentation, too (beginning with Reductio ad Homicide), but why quibble?
Who wouldn't "just want to compare impotent male rage" out of nowhere between Kanye and a deaf pianist who died 200 years ago in the aftermath of this important and highly fraught conversation? (nice parody of tedious feminist academia btw)
Now before my quasi-trolling goes overboard, I believe in fact I agree with the fundamentals of what TheWho meant: (1) Kanye 'takes flak for his ego'; I'd say that's a fact, yes. (2) Racism factors into the conversation, to an extent I will not estimate nor debate. (3) Oil spills and shooting people are worse than being a douchebag.
It was the lazy absurdity of the argument that compelled me to respond in the first place.
- - - -
To change the subject, are the $50K Rick Owens "wild alligator" jackets on Ssense already being discussed anywhere?
"Please note that the skins used in the creation of this garment are those of game reptiles; they have not been treated or modified. As a result, the natural imperfections visible throughout are testament to their distinctiveness."post #84584 of 1090539/29/13 at 11:50ampost #84585 of 1090539/29/13 at 11:53am
I've got a couple pleated tux shirts. Sometimes i'll just wear one wrinkly with no jacket -- tucked, but super casual. with a blazer it will have a night vibe for sure. Dries did a collection awhile ago that had a lot of embroidered tux shirts and funky dinner jackets. always liked that.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 46 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Exotic Leather Goods 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...