or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5637  

post #84541 of 109053

Fucking Fendi doesn't return my texts either.

post #84542 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctone View Post

Kanye is a bit crazy and a little too sensitive, but I respect the passion and the talent. I think he's a lot more intelligent than people give him credit for. Kimmel's jab at him was pretty lazy, unfunny and out of touch and he deserved to be called out on it.

I thought he did it tastefully....then where kanye is bragging about all the pussy he got and Kimmel responds with "yeah, I saw the video" was pretty good. He probably got a months supply of material from the reaction
post #84543 of 109053

Obvious hyperbole sends obedient masses into calculated PR frenzy. 

post #84544 of 109053
wait is this the backlash to the backlash?

I love sf, so predictable.
post #84545 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Kanye gets a lot of flack for what's basically just an acute case of serious egotism. As far as I can guess, he has not yet: hit a woman, shot anybody, evaded his taxes, scammed the American public out of billions of dollars, or spilled an outrageous amount of petroleum into the ocean and thus harming the environment and our precious aquatic life. Sure he throws tantrums, but Beethoven would often go into drunken flights of rage which is probably worse I'm sure. (And before anyone here suggests we not compare the cultural value of those two, how many people actually listen to Beethoven today and consider him relevant?) I'm not fond of Kanye's lyrics about women, nor do I like the big ego shit, but I think it's a little silly that he gets singled out as some big stupid, awful clown.

Meanwhile we still pay homage to plenty of dudes who have done some awful shit and no one blinks.

This is an awful post. Don't criticize the behaviour/art of a guy because he hasn't beaten a woman (even though with all eyes on him, his idea of a song about his girlfriend is called "the perfect bitch")? Who exactly was pretending Chris Brown is important? Blah blah blah oil spills?

You embarrass yourself with both references to Beethoven ("probably worse" and "relevant" lol8[1].gif ). Ever been to a symphony or listened to a soundtrack?

I won't blather another word on this unworthy subject but there is a critical difference between "taking flak" and "not deserving it."
post #84546 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

(some guy wearing a Doma/Yohji long shirt and black harem pants??!),

Why didn't you come say hello ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

As far as I can guess, he has not yet: hit a woman, shot anybody, evaded his taxes, scammed the American public out of billions of dollars, or spilled an outrageous amount of petroleum into the ocean and thus harming the environment and our precious aquatic life.

What a terrible bore ! I rather hear Beethoven's tales of debauchery

* * *

Thinking of listing this exclusive button on b&s for €1500

post #84547 of 109053
haha sorry shah, but I'm pretty sure this guy was Asian and like 20
post #84548 of 109053
In other news I'm back, again...
post #84549 of 109053
On the outside...?
post #84550 of 109053
I don't understand how people believe kanye is talented. He just experiments a little bit and people thinks it genius. My 4 year old can make better beats than him. Lyrically he's awful. Just another mainstream pop act.

big deal right?
post #84551 of 109053
Correct. Been out a while just haven't been posting.
post #84552 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

I don't understand how people believe kanye is talented. He just experiments a little bit and people thinks it genius. My 4 year old can make better beats than him. Lyrically he's awful. Just another mainstream pop act.

big deal right?

OK yes lyrically he often leaves something to desire, but if your 4 year can make better and more creative beats than him, then shit, get him into a recording studio STAT
post #84553 of 109053
HAAAAAAAAN

THAT AIN'T KANYE
post #84554 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctone View Post

Kanye is a bit crazy and a little too sensitive, but I respect the passion and the talent. I think he's a lot more intelligent than people give him credit for. Kimmel's jab at him was pretty lazy, unfunny and out of touch and he deserved to be called out on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctone View Post

Same shit happens to LeBron. The greatest crime a successful person (especially if they're black) can commit is the crime of not being extremely humble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

I thought he did it tastefully....then where kanye is bragging about all the pussy he got and Kimmel responds with "yeah, I saw the video" was pretty good. He probably got a months supply of material from the reaction

kanye is an obviously emotionally reactive and fragile dude...and kimmel responds with an easy joke that wasn't even really funny, and then continues to bully the guy. I mean, I get the guy needs to eat, but it's just shitty continuing to poke someone you know is going to respond.

the thing I find kinda fascinating about all of this though is how disparate responses to guys like kanye, TO or lebron tend to be...I mean, they're all talented, but even beyond that, I personally like and respect aspects of the ego and braggadocio--it feels more simply youthful and spirited than anything threatening. it goes without saying, a lot of other folks find it obnoxious and something other than any of them simply expressing themselves in an overt and charged way.
post #84555 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

This is an awful post. Don't criticize the behaviour/art of a guy because he hasn't beaten a woman (even though with all eyes on him, his idea of a song about his girlfriend is called "the perfect bitch")? Who exactly was pretending Chris Brown is important? Blah blah blah oil spills?

I'm a bit offended that you need to jump to such a harsh tone so quickly, but whatever. You might be responding to some other post I made on another forum that doesn't exist (who knows), but I never once suggested Kanye is or ever was a blameless human being. I simply said it's silly how Kanye receives such vitriol for being nothing more than a self-important jerk (there is criticism embedded in that label btw) whereas it's completely normal for our culture to forget shit like John Lennon or Morgan Freeman or Charlie Sheen beating women, or to forgive people of actual importance (such as newsworthy people like our lawmakers) for doing fucked up shit.

The oil spill bit was hyperbole. A joke. I'm glad you picked up on that. Oh, and who ever mentioned Chris Brown in the first place? RIiiiiiight.
Quote:
You embarrass yourself with both references to Beethoven ("probably worse" and "relevant" lol8[1].gif ). Ever been to a symphony or listened to a soundtrack?

You're either drunk, stupid, or illiterate because I also never said Beethoven was a worse musician. I said his flights of drunken rage were probably worse exhibits that a human being could display than, say, being Kanye West. I'm not a "fan" of classical music, but it's the only other radio station I'll listen to when I'm in the car. That doesn't mean it's particularly relevant to contemporary culture though. Anyway, the only reason this is part of the discussion is because I just wanted to compare impotent male rage between the two men (Beethoven and Kanye) and how we respond to their actions. Maybe it was unnecessary to bring up whether classical music is "relevant," but I don't really care because there's no argument here: it's not. (That doesn't mean it has no significance, be that cultural or historical, but this discussion is waaaay less engaging than talking about Kanye West.)
Quote:
I won't blather another word on this unworthy subject

Thank you, that's very thoughtful of you.
Quote:
but there is a critical difference between "taking flak" and "not deserving it."

Oh. I thought you were?—didn't you say?—oh well. Anyway, I didn't say anything about who deserves what. I was just pointing out how there's this peculiar—though not inexplicable (because: racism)—fetish about Kanye's ego. Why does it make people so impassioned? Why does this get talked about more in such a viciously disapproving way when, at the same time, actually important and actually despicable shit gets shrugged off?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts