Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5624
Styleforum Top Picks
The conclusions sound pretty accurate to me, though I don't know why they needed a study to figure this stuff out. In this context, the actual definition of "quality" is not important. It's the concept of "quality" being important, that is important. Essentially, the Millenials are just more evolved consumers. Congratulations, dudes.
Yeah exactly. That's why I was wondering which assumptions they contradict. Thought the results were the assumptions.
I mentioned quality because it's a loaded term. There's a value judgment built into the word. Was the previous generation not willing to pay more for "quality"? I bet if surveyed they'd say they would. So what does it mean that 81% of people surveyed say they'll pay more for it? And like you said, it's about the perception of quality. But in reality the term is kinda nebulous to the average consumer. It's something a lot of people talk about but when cornered they can't always articulate what it means. That result doesn't really tell me much.
i managed to finish it but honestly I can't really remember what its conclusions were. And I'm pretty good at remembering that kinda stuff.
here's the wiki if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_and_the_Art_of_Motorcycle_Maintenance#Philosophical_content
Did you kop ? It's a lot of dangly leather straps for what will essentially look like a carabiner keyring peeking out with a jacket over it (the two front straps would also possibly annoy the fuck out of me when walking).
Nope. I figured 500 bones was too much for what will essentially look like a carabiner with some extra straps hanging out. The s.o. also gave it a very stern "no." and since she usually supports my other questionable fashion choices I figured she was justified.
After that I showed her the Facetasm one and she had the same response :(
I'll be sure to kop BBS and just start wearing it without saying anything...
Also! Thanks for the help, guys who chimed in about rabbit fur. I'm seeing that it's really just a disposable item with a short wear-life which is disheartening.
Trying to pack only a carry-on for a 4.5 day trip to NYC that involves 1) a wedding and 2) a restaurant with a dress code is not conducive to nice fits. Also, being busy the whole day leading up to said dinner reservation makes life planning more complicated as I won't be able to head back and change beforehand.
Textured black trousers: Dries, Zam, Lanvin, tons of SZ type brands
Eschew the carryone and bring a garment bag. Hang up one suit, two shirts, one sportscoat and a pair of dark jeans, one additional pair of pants (slim flannels are easy) one sweater, and a pair of suit-worthy shoes, and you are pretty much set. Fold up a few tees, some underwear, and socks and put them in the side pocket. Wear some neutral boots (I prefer chukkas, since they are super comfortable on a plane ride).
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Amber 7.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 9 minutes ago
- › ACRONYM BLACK GT-J27PL Size L 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of... 21 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 27 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...