Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5624post #84346 of 1090549/24/13 at 9:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84347 of 1090549/24/13 at 9:53amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
The conclusions sound pretty accurate to me, though I don't know why they needed a study to figure this stuff out. In this context, the actual definition of "quality" is not important. It's the concept of "quality" being important, that is important. Essentially, the Millenials are just more evolved consumers. Congratulations, dudes.
Yeah exactly. That's why I was wondering which assumptions they contradict. Thought the results were the assumptions.
I mentioned quality because it's a loaded term. There's a value judgment built into the word. Was the previous generation not willing to pay more for "quality"? I bet if surveyed they'd say they would. So what does it mean that 81% of people surveyed say they'll pay more for it? And like you said, it's about the perception of quality. But in reality the term is kinda nebulous to the average consumer. It's something a lot of people talk about but when cornered they can't always articulate what it means. That result doesn't really tell me much.post #84348 of 1090549/24/13 at 9:56ampost #84349 of 1090549/24/13 at 10:00ampost #84350 of 1090549/24/13 at 10:08ampost #84351 of 1090549/24/13 at 10:13amit featured very very long digressions into the nature of what is "quality."
i managed to finish it but honestly I can't really remember what its conclusions were. And I'm pretty good at remembering that kinda stuff.
here's the wiki if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_and_the_Art_of_Motorcycle_Maintenance#Philosophical_contentpost #84352 of 1090549/24/13 at 10:16ampost #84353 of 1090549/24/13 at 10:23ampost #84354 of 1090549/24/13 at 10:25amQuote:
Did you kop ? It's a lot of dangly leather straps for what will essentially look like a carabiner keyring peeking out with a jacket over it (the two front straps would also possibly annoy the fuck out of me when walking).post #84355 of 1090549/24/13 at 11:06ampost #84356 of 1090549/24/13 at 11:12amQuote:
Nope. I figured 500 bones was too much for what will essentially look like a carabiner with some extra straps hanging out. The s.o. also gave it a very stern "no." and since she usually supports my other questionable fashion choices I figured she was justified.
After that I showed her the Facetasm one and she had the same response :(
I'll be sure to kop BBS and just start wearing it without saying anything...
Also! Thanks for the help, guys who chimed in about rabbit fur. I'm seeing that it's really just a disposable item with a short wear-life which is disheartening.post #84357 of 1090549/24/13 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Trying to pack only a carry-on for a 4.5 day trip to NYC that involves 1) a wedding and 2) a restaurant with a dress code is not conducive to nice fits. Also, being busy the whole day leading up to said dinner reservation makes life planning more complicated as I won't be able to head back and change beforehand.
Textured black trousers: Dries, Zam, Lanvin, tons of SZ type brands
Eschew the carryone and bring a garment bag. Hang up one suit, two shirts, one sportscoat and a pair of dark jeans, one additional pair of pants (slim flannels are easy) one sweater, and a pair of suit-worthy shoes, and you are pretty much set. Fold up a few tees, some underwear, and socks and put them in the side pocket. Wear some neutral boots (I prefer chukkas, since they are super comfortable on a plane ride).post #84358 of 1090549/24/13 at 12:43pmpost #84359 of 1090549/24/13 at 12:47pmpost #84360 of 1090549/24/13 at 12:56pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 21 seconds ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 56 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?