No. Textured black trousers do not exist, never have existed, and will never exist.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/20/16 at 7:32am in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- In Passing: ChicagoLast edited: 2/11/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5623post #84332 of 1090549/23/13 at 7:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by superego
EG is one of those things I've admired from afar thus far...tried a couple of the workshirts last fw and just ended up looking like the fanciest hobo on the block.
anti-fit isn't for everyone, but I think anti-fit coupled with wide shoulders = hobo-fit
against my better judgement, have my eye on the shoulder cape, and a couple of other jackets this season though
Try a bedford or Baker jacket. They are the gateway drugs - sorta like the Stark cardigan is for S.N.S. Herning - easy to wear, look good on most people, look good over most casual stuff, and really good examples of good dressed up dress down.post #84333 of 1090549/23/13 at 7:56pmpost #84334 of 1090549/23/13 at 7:57pmTrying to pack only a carry-on for a 4.5 day trip to NYC that involves 1) a wedding and 2) a restaurant with a dress code is not conducive to nice fits. Also, being busy the whole day leading up to said dinner reservation makes life planning more complicated as I won't be able to head back and change beforehand.
Textured black trousers: Dries, Zam, Lanvin, tons of SZ type brandspost #84335 of 1090549/23/13 at 8:00pmQuote:
You're not really going to have any luck e-shopping, it's really hard to capture texture on black and most shops don't take the time. Look at Dries, Ann, and Margiela for normal cut trousers, and most of the SZ brands for weird J-shape, raw-edge, etc. If you're going for the former you'll probably have to just order a bunch and see what they look like IRL.
Edit: actually dries doesn't do a ton in black. KVA as well thoughpost #84336 of 1090549/23/13 at 8:36pmQuote:
I think you should reconsider. Having no luck with web stores ("They *are* sold online, they are *not* sold online! She's my sister -- slap! -- daughter -- slap! -- She's my sister and my daughter!") I've had a WTB ad up for a couple months, and have received numerous emails from people who know how to measure; almost all of the Mediums, as well as some of the Smalls, and even even a smattering of Larges, would be a perfect fit for you, at least in the chest. Most weren't shorter than 28-29 inches, either, so I don't think you'd look like you robbed a dollhouse, if that's your worry.
IMO, their more breezy stuff, gusting with volume, is also cut for someone taller, and I have a few pics of me looking like The Human Square! to pan that out.
Do it, Bam. Do it.post #84337 of 1090549/23/13 at 8:53pmpost #84338 of 1090549/23/13 at 9:05pmQuote:
I foresee one of these in the future.
Bam! I've seen some of the jackets look good on taller, skinny dudes...pants less so. And the shirts I tried were a disaster.post #84339 of 1090549/23/13 at 9:45pmQuote:
Luckily, I am a short, not-so-weedy dude. Given that most other things in the fashion universe are made for tall, thin people, it's only fair that we get nice things occasionally...
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 9/24/13 at 12:52ampost #84340 of 1090549/23/13 at 10:02pmpost #84341 of 1090549/24/13 at 8:29amhey, it's you guys (well, technically me too i guess, though i'm on the cusp on the older end)
Millennial Males Are Brand Conscious Yet Rebel Against Mass Culture
Survey from Complex Media Details Rise of 'Bespoke Male'Quote:http://adage.com/article/special-report-advertising-week-2013/millennial-males-brand-conscious/244308/"...Defined as 18- to 34-years-old, this group grew up in the digital age and is markedly different than older males. A new study from Complex Media dives into these differences and will be presented during a panel, "The Rise of the 'Bespoke Male,'" at Advertising Week on Monday in New York.
"Our survey contradicts many assumptions about millennial males," said Rich Antoniello, CEO of Complex Media. "They aren't disinterested but rather quite interested in what they choose to care about. There's a big difference. millennial males are rebelling against the mass culture they grew up in to create their own identities, and they're highly skilled at using new media to seek out what's important to them. These young men, who we're calling 'bespoke' males, not only like to be first to discover new things, they're eager to spread the word and influence the conversation."
This group is concerned with having a unique style, with most believing style helps them to make a good impression. Eighty-one percent say they are willing to pay more for quality, and two out of three respondents believe mass media kills cool trends. One in three say they are "sneaker obsessed." And nearly 80% said American brands are cool again."
Not sure I'd say this "contradicts many assumptions about millennial males." Can't really figure out which assumptions he means. Would love to know if they asked that 81% who'll pay more for "quality" what they think "quality" means. It is also a study by Complex about Complex's core demographic that reinforces what Complex already thinks, so keep that in mind.post #84342 of 1090549/24/13 at 8:42ampost #84343 of 1090549/24/13 at 8:51amthe best thing about these reports is the impotent rage they inspire in the people they're not really aimed at in the first place.
it's like an emotional tax on caring too much about things that don't really concern you.post #84344 of 1090549/24/13 at 8:54amQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
hey, it's you guys (well, technically me too i guess, though i'm on the cusp on the older end)
Millennial Males Are Brand Conscious Yet Rebel Against Mass Culture
Survey from Complex Media Details Rise of 'Bespoke Male'
Not sure I'd say this "contradicts many assumptions about millennial males." Can't really figure out which assumptions he means. Would love to know if they asked that 81% who'll pay more for "quality" what they think "quality" means. It is also a study by Complex about Complex's core demographic that reinforces what Complex already thinks, so keep that in mind.
The conclusions sound pretty accurate to me, though I don't know why they needed a study to figure this stuff out. In this context, the actual definition of "quality" is not important. It's the concept of "quality" being important, that is important. Essentially, the Millenials are just more evolved consumers. Congratulations, dudes.post #84345 of 1090549/24/13 at 9:30am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
- › things that are making you happy 27 seconds ago
- › JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › The Ted Cruz Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Jude Law Suit 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot PUT YOUR MONEY... 11 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 14 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts