Dude take them up on that shit. Worst case: you call their bluff. Best case: extra spendin' money and a complementary ego stroke for the next few weekends
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5622post #84316 of 1090549/23/13 at 1:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84317 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Thanks for the recs.
I didn't want to put strict criteria on it b/c I'm interested in things beyond what I could/would actually wear myself, but for me,
-They'd pretty much need some sort of fly to avoid obvious penis
-Prefer elastic or otherwise adjustable cuff
-They need to be proportioned so a L/34-ish waist isn't wild long. I actually had a pair of Tim Coppens that were real cool but to get to a waist that would fit me the length was cut for 6'2" guys and I'm 5'10" and wear a 30 or 31 inseam.
are you saying you have a large penis?post #84318 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:03pm
you're doing it wrong. guy who shows up dressed well to buy a car is the one trying to look like he has the money to buy the car; guy who shows up in sweats and DGAF, is the one with the money.
I've showed up in boots and a hoodie for a test drive at bmw/audi and service was finepost #84319 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:09pm
yeah why would you ever want to look like you have the money to pay the sticker price?
you should look like someone who is a potential sale, but one they're going to have to make a deal to get.post #84320 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:10pmpost #84321 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:12pmpost #84322 of 1090549/23/13 at 4:23pmpost #84323 of 1090549/23/13 at 4:27pmpost #84324 of 1090549/23/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Especially so out here in techdork land.
If you are selling cars, the guy you want to see on your lot is wearing techdork fleece vest, floppy jeans, heinous sneakers, and id badge attached by tether to belt loop but no belt. If you see someone in a suit, tell him to beat it or you will call security.post #84325 of 1090549/23/13 at 5:37pmpost #84326 of 1090549/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #84327 of 1090549/23/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
Whenever I see a cool EG fit or someone mentions it here, I return to context's selection only to be reminded that the brand isn't made for tall weedy dudes. Boopost #84328 of 1090549/23/13 at 6:09pmQuote:Quote:
EG is one of those things I've admired from afar thus far...tried a couple of the workshirts last fw and just ended up looking like the fanciest hobo on the block.
anti-fit isn't for everyone, but I think anti-fit coupled with wide shoulders = hobo-fit
against my better judgement, have my eye on the shoulder cape, and a couple of other jackets this season thoughpost #84329 of 1090549/23/13 at 6:15pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1660 Active Users (352 Members and 1308 Guests)
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 1 minute ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 4 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...