Dude take them up on that shit. Worst case: you call their bluff. Best case: extra spendin' money and a complementary ego stroke for the next few weekends
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5622post #84316 of 1090549/23/13 at 1:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84317 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Thanks for the recs.
I didn't want to put strict criteria on it b/c I'm interested in things beyond what I could/would actually wear myself, but for me,
-They'd pretty much need some sort of fly to avoid obvious penis
-Prefer elastic or otherwise adjustable cuff
-They need to be proportioned so a L/34-ish waist isn't wild long. I actually had a pair of Tim Coppens that were real cool but to get to a waist that would fit me the length was cut for 6'2" guys and I'm 5'10" and wear a 30 or 31 inseam.
are you saying you have a large penis?post #84318 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:03pm
you're doing it wrong. guy who shows up dressed well to buy a car is the one trying to look like he has the money to buy the car; guy who shows up in sweats and DGAF, is the one with the money.
I've showed up in boots and a hoodie for a test drive at bmw/audi and service was finepost #84319 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:09pm
yeah why would you ever want to look like you have the money to pay the sticker price?
you should look like someone who is a potential sale, but one they're going to have to make a deal to get.post #84320 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:10pmpost #84321 of 1090549/23/13 at 2:12pmpost #84322 of 1090549/23/13 at 4:23pmpost #84323 of 1090549/23/13 at 4:27pmpost #84324 of 1090549/23/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
Especially so out here in techdork land.
If you are selling cars, the guy you want to see on your lot is wearing techdork fleece vest, floppy jeans, heinous sneakers, and id badge attached by tether to belt loop but no belt. If you see someone in a suit, tell him to beat it or you will call security.post #84325 of 1090549/23/13 at 5:37pmpost #84326 of 1090549/23/13 at 5:53pmpost #84327 of 1090549/23/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
Whenever I see a cool EG fit or someone mentions it here, I return to context's selection only to be reminded that the brand isn't made for tall weedy dudes. Boopost #84328 of 1090549/23/13 at 6:09pmQuote:Quote:
EG is one of those things I've admired from afar thus far...tried a couple of the workshirts last fw and just ended up looking like the fanciest hobo on the block.
anti-fit isn't for everyone, but I think anti-fit coupled with wide shoulders = hobo-fit
against my better judgement, have my eye on the shoulder cape, and a couple of other jackets this season thoughpost #84329 of 1090549/23/13 at 6:15pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1078 Active Users (232 Members and 846 Guests)
- › Australian Members 44 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Seattle real estate 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...